[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Great Depression and stock market crash happen? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x586
Why did the Great Depression and stock market crash happen? I'm really terrible with mathematics and economics even though I excel in history, but I really can't wrap my head around exactly why this happened, so I'm hoping someone can please explain it clearly and simply.

From my understanding, having no demand and all supply for a lot of products was one of the factors. Please do let me know if this is at least in part, correct.

Also, what relevance is there to the 2008 crash which many countries seemingly haven't really recovered from?
>>
>>1333727
No demand? That's pretty impossible.
The implementation of central banking is the root cause of the crash. The federal reserve bank (like all central planning in economics) can not complete its mission because only an individual can assign value and properly fulfill his needs.
>>
>>1333727
>I excel in history
>thinking you can be good at history without understanding economics
Web lad.
>>
>>1333727
People accrued debt they could not repay.
>>
>>1334295
I really don't see the connection. Obviously the two connect throughout the subjects, but having a firm grasp on one as an academic pursuit isn't necessary towards having a good understanding of the other.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.