[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting University soon. Should I major in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 299x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 299x450
Starting University soon. Should I major in history?
>>
>>1329127
Might as well, if it interests you.

You're just as likely to end up Jobless even if you fall for the STEM meme.
>>
>>1329127
If you have a plan of what to do with it then yes

and I'm not just talking about teaching history, there's other things the skills you gain from history can translate to
>>
>>1329127
Absolutely not, no money there. As a matter of fact, don't go to university at all unless you KNOW what you want to do. Otherwise shoot for the stars getting an internship or taking one of your productive hobbies very seriously.

Go out and volunteer at a dig site or museum if you want to do /his/ related stuff just to get your toes wet.
>>
>>1329127
Major in history, and if possible then convert to law. It's a great path to go down.
>>
File: ROMAINVICTA.gif (3 MB, 145x83) Image search: [Google]
ROMAINVICTA.gif
3 MB, 145x83
>>1329127
If you really like History yes, ofc. I am and its one of the best decisions I made, no joke.
Be prepared for no jobs tho.
>>
>>1329145
This. The greatest men in history were generals, philosophers and lawyers.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1600x1200
>>1329138
I'm thinking about teaching language abroad. Is this a smart choice with a History degree?
>>
>>1329127
>Should I major in history?
>tl;dr
No

And if you even have to ask what you should be majoring in, you probably shouldn't even go to the university in the first place.

If you need time to bumble around and goof off, do it in community college. It's cheaper there
>>
>>1329164
What game tho?
>>
>>1329152
You mean the men who created this fucked up system and ruined the world.
>>
>>1329193
>You mean the men who created this fucked up system and ruined the world.
>Ruined the world
I wasn't aware the world was perfect at any point
>>
>>1329189
Verdun. It's a fun game.
>>
>>1329174
Listen to him.
>>
>>1329134
This

>Me
>Top tier university
History major, unemployed

>Friends and GF
STEM majors, unemployed

>Friend who's taking a break from mid-tier public university

Working 40 hours a week
>>
File: IMG-20160622-WA0002.jpg (59 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160622-WA0002.jpg
59 KB, 604x453
>>1329127
Wouldn't it be smarter to learn something where you would be guaranteed job, and have history as your hobby?
>be me, spend one more year ir pro technical school, get high school degree and programing technician diploma
>start working in big company as junior database manager in third year of studies
>plan to finish technical school next year, still have that job (~700€) and go to university (stipendium ~150€)
Computers are future.
>>
>>1329164
So am I actually...so yes kyk
>>
Food Supply Chain Management
>>
>>1329127
>Should I major in history?

Is your family wealthy? If yes, then by all means read history. If no, get a degree in something useful you stupid ponce.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.