[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was so good about the ottoman bureacracy system that its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (344 KB, 1576x1191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344 KB, 1576x1191
What was so good about the ottoman bureacracy system that its mentioned everywhere ?
>>
Literally what?
From late 16th century, it was tragically incompetent and weak, if you're referring to central government.
Stop listening to Turkish myths about how great OE was and how everyone loved it until nationalism just magically appeared.
It was incredibly shitty state for most of it's existence.
>>
>>1328202
>Late 16th Century.
Wow, the period of Ottoman decline sure goes earlier and earlier for /pol/acks.
>>
Because it was run by white slaves from Europe.
>>
>>1328194
It didn't really do provinces so much as it focused on various classes of people instead, which meant it kept generally up to date censuses
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 600x400
>>1328194
Wow.
I have NEVER heard it mentioned before.
>>
>>1328207

Ottoman decline started with after Suleiman the Magnificent, this pretty commonly accepted historical consensus between historians.

You do realize that "decline" doesn't mean "it was utter shit immediately". The Byzantine Empire was constantly in decline, even though it had ups and downs and had times of greatness.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.