[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Piltdown Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1000x1000
Since Britain is all the rage, let's discuss this fascinating bit of possible nationalism.
>>
isnt it a hoax though?
>>
>>1327793
Yeah, that's why I called it a case of nationalism. The only scientists who wholeheartedly believed it to be authentic we're the British. America and France were rather skeptical.
>>
>The questionable significance of the assemblage remained the subject of considerable controversy until it was conclusively exposed in 1953 as a forgery.
>It was found to have consisted of the altered mandible and some teeth of an orangutan deliberately combined with the cranium of a fully developed, though small-brained, modern human.

Sick joke, lad.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 600x467
>>1327818
But who did it still remains a mystery.
>>
>>1327775
>>1327818
Creatonists often like using that as an argument against evolution.
>>
>>1327826
I had a discussion with my old science teacher. He didn't even bring it up.
>>
>>1327830
Discussion about what?
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 960x720
>>1327839
Creationism. He was YEC and I was BioLogos. He had shown me a presentation that he had from another YEC, and he just skipped over it because we both knew it was fake and didn't see any point in bringing it up. It was a good day.
>pic related
A slide from the presentation.
>>
>>1327794
>>1327818
THE ETERNAL ANGLO DID IT AGAIN
>>
File: 0055_12.gif (20 KB, 467x240) Image search: [Google]
0055_12.gif
20 KB, 467x240
>>1327842
I am basing my assumption on Jack Chick, who I mostly kinda assumes represent most Creationists pretty well.
Suppose I may be wrong about that.
>>
File: image.jpg (321 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321 KB, 2000x1000
>>1327860
He and Kent Hovind (Dr Dino) are actually considered hacks by most creationists. Even Ken Ham, the Godfather of YEC thinks he's incompetent.
>>
Bump
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.