[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Islam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Sudanese Beja.jpg (57 KB, 564x370) Image search: [Google]
Sudanese Beja.jpg
57 KB, 564x370
First off I'll clarify I'm an atheist, so I despise a great deal of what is written in the Quran due to its sexist, homophobic and backward nature due to it being 1500 years old or so.

What I will say is that I respect the Quran a lot more than I do the Bible because of its teachings on war and violence. Simply said, the Quran teaches that violence is an acceptable solution to a problem of great magnitude that could not be solved through non violent means (laws of Jihad). For example, if Muslims are being oppressed or having genocide be committed against them then they are morally allowed to fight back to defend themselves and there people. So when Bosnian Muslims were being massacred, by fighting back they weren't sinning. Whereas if it were Christians they would be going against Jesus's teachings:
>Matthew 26:52
>Matthew 5:39
>Matthew 5:44
>Matthew 5:9
>John 14:27
>Colossians 3:15
>Romans 12:21

Teachings like that, although fantastic in theory, glorify subservience, failure and repression. On the other hand the Islamic teachings about fighting for what you believe in and fighting against tyranny do the exact opposite. The only problem, obviously, is that terrorists will cherry pick the violent parts and ignore the rules such as "don't kill civilians".

>Pic is Sudanese Beja tribesman (Muslims) armed with Kaskaras who fought the British in the Madhist war.
>>
File: 1466601953283.png (832 KB, 819x865) Image search: [Google]
1466601953283.png
832 KB, 819x865
>>1327029
>sexist, homophobic and backward nature
I'm all of these and an atheist. Fuck off with your bait shit.
>>
File: epicallyawesomeaward.jpg (15 KB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
epicallyawesomeaward.jpg
15 KB, 167x200
>>1327035
>>
>>1327047
Hello, Tumblr!
>>
>>1327035
I can see why you wouldn't like gays.

They're the lucky ones.

They never have to let women into their lives.
>>
>>1327123
The joy you feel when a woman you love looks at you and smiles is worth the pain, the betrayals, the lies and the fear of rejection.
Homosexuality is narcissism in its most advanced form.
>>
>>1327128
Nah, I hate everybody. Women and faggots are just more annoying and outspoken then most.
>>
>>1327029
Have you noticed what constant violent struggle with dictators has done to the middle east? Besides, the Quran doesn't say that violence is good. Just that persecution is worse.
>>
>>1327029
>sexist, homophobic

Kinda meme desu. Our is still rampantly sexist to men and women and many homosexuals support social structure harmful to the gays and carry some pretty edgy sentiments and delusions.
>>
>>1327029
I now understand why the British called them Fuzzy Wuzzys.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.