[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /his/. I am considering making a Youtube channel and one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1466616872396.jpg (74 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1466616872396.jpg
74 KB, 1543x1360
Hey, /his/. I am considering making a Youtube channel and one of my ideas was outlining some misconceptions when it comes to blacks in America and their history that largely inform their political values. I wanted to clarify some things with you, because I don't want to just spread memes. A big part of the presentation was going to center around the idea that there was a communist strategy around the time of the civil rights movement to aggravate race relations. How grounded in fact is this, and are there any clarifying details that defy this narrative?
>>
>Wanting to talk about race relations
>On 4chan

Good luck with that
>>
>>1325621
/his/ is full of gents and don't you fucking ever say otherwise.
>>
>>1325636
Yes, we are gents, but at the same time, we are on 4chan.

Honestly OP you should go to reddit. There are a lot unemployed history majors seeking validation on that website.
>>
>>1325636
No it isnt, it /pol/ with dates and you know it.
>>
>>1325678
Gent check failed
leave
>>
>>1325614
When ever you make it, be sure to leave the link so I can be the first WEWUZKANZ poster
>>
File: 1465759047213.jpg (39 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
1465759047213.jpg
39 KB, 454x600
>>1325614
If you want some mainstream fun history stuff that isn't quite academic and covers what you're talking about, I'd listen to the Dan Carlin Hardcore History episode titled "Radical Thoughts."

http://www.iheart.com/show/Dan-Carlins-Hardcore-History/?episode_id=23267678
There are of course torrents and whatnot, as well.

He goes into this conspiracy theory that civil rights = communist infiltration quite well.

While there were AMERICAN communists, both white and black, who were resentful of the mistreatment of blacks in America, most civil rights supporters were not nearly that far left, and were more "Kennedy" types.

>>1325636
Some of us try to be, anyway.
>>
File: 1461763957759.jpg (456 KB, 980x659) Image search: [Google]
1461763957759.jpg
456 KB, 980x659
>>1325614
Some of the things from that Carlin podcast I mentioned earlier:

"How did you recognize a Communist, or someone who was as dangerous as one? Some Conservatives regarded Communism and Liberalism as part of an ideological continuum, seeing Liberals as moderate Communists, or Communists as Liberals in a hurry."

"Some of these people thought passionate supporters of Roosevelt's New Deal were Pink As Heck."

"When you read about the kind of people who were to be targeted as potential Communists, it included all sorts of things that would become appalling when you realized what gets you on some sort of a government list."

"If someone insists that there is discrimination against negroes in this country, or that there is an inequality of wealth, there is every reason to believe that person is a Communist." - Albert Canwell a member of the House of Representatives
>>
You will have to explain why communism/marxism is bad before anything, and why capitalism is bad but not as bad.
>>
>>1326064
Thanks, this is really helpful. Do you think I should explain why people saw it as scary at the time, or why it is bad to this day? This could be its own video.
>>
>>1325614
Do it but please don't use any memes
>>
>>1326667
> Ignores two actually helpful posts with historical quotes
> Says thanks to the guy who tells him what propaganda to spew
>>
>>1326998
How iz zees ze 'ganda?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.