[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Native American genocide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 201x251
Is the Native American genocide a myth?
I recently came across a video on youtube in which a renowned historian explains that the Native American genocide never happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHKDJzgqJg

Is that right?
>>
>>1324313
Trail of Tears was genocide.

Americans still did nuffin wrong as they put the land to good use.
>>
>>1324329
>Trail of Tears was genocide

While it makes sense that the Trail of Tears can be said to be wrong, it was not genocide, it was relocation of a population.
>>
>>1324329
this. The Trail of Tears was genocide. Residential schools are arguably genocide. Muh 100 million is a made up number that serves no purpose except as fodder for anti-capitalist/American Facebook memes
>>
>>1324345
The Trail of Tears was a brutal forced relocation of the natives, not the systematic killing of them.
>>
>>1324349
I'd argue that an ethnicity-based forced relocation is genocide, but either way, any genocide that DID happen is nowhere near the numbers angry leftists like to claim
>>
>>1324358
I wouldn't use ethnic cleansing as a synonym for genocide.
>>
Did we declare open season on the indians? Hell yeah we did.

Whether or not to call it genocide changes from tribe to tribe.
>>
>>1324349
>>1324343
When you force a group of people of different ethnic background from you off the land which they feed and survive off, it is a type of genocide.
>>
Let's put it this way, there was a lot more indians around before we started to do something about it.
>>
>>1324402
and 90% of the ones that died did so unavoidably from disease
>>
I spoke with couple of natives that have been coming here in Croatia and having small music festivals.They come at central square and start singing and playing instruments.They do not earn that much, but do enjoy the travel aspect of their job.
They are all full bloods, so no "muh 5%" heritage crap.
Ironically enough, they all said that what happened to their people was simply way of nature, larger predator came and removed the lesser one, they are sad, but accept that is the way of world and every life form out there.
They are actually quite cool, and the more I talked with them, more I came to understand that they despise how they are always used by some leftists idiots for some agenda.
They openly said so many things that are constantly said about native americans are pure myths, such as "not leaving single part of animal behind".
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.