[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the equivalent figure of this guy in Asia ? Cao Cao ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1589795.jpg (125 KB, 449x640) Image search: [Google]
1589795.jpg
125 KB, 449x640
Who was the equivalent figure of this guy in Asia ? Cao Cao ?
>>
>>1319831

Qin Shih Huang.
>>
>>1319898
FPBP
>>
>>1319831
Cao Cao fits best, seized power from the inside and never openly took over, his heir did.
Qin Shi Huang was more like long lived Alexander.
>>
>>1320511
Caesar and Cao Cao both also had literary pretensions, both loved fucking married women, both came from nobility (gens Julia and Xiahou marquieses) but started out through anti-aristo connections (the populares Marius and the eunuch Cao Teng), both spent decades rising through the ranks of bureaucracy before exploding militarily.
Honestly they're so similar it's creepy.
>>
>>1319831
Perhaps divine emperor Jimmu, who is considered to be the first emperor of Japan? He occupies a similar myth-like status as Caesar did in Rome (remember that he was worshipped like a god on the Italian peninsula).
>>
>>1320612
>remember that he was worshipped like a god on the Italian peninsula
He was declared a god, same as many other emperors. That doesn't mean he was worshipped as such, it was political lip service. No one considered him a god or praied for his divine intercession. In fact, Caesar himself was not even a primary figure in imperial times, Augustus, Germanicus, Trajan were all as adored if not more. His fame skyrocketed to modern levels in post roman times.
>>
>>1320591
>fucking married women
You have a source for that? I've never seen any mention of that in Sanguozhi (though it might be mentioned in Houhanshu)

If you cite an anecdote in Shishuo Xinyu I will reach across the internet and punch you.
>>
>>1320591
this, their heirs eventually became the emperors too.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.