[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can music be good, or is that a social construct? can art be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
can music be good, or is that a social construct?

can art be beautiful, or is that a social construct?
>>
Plenty is from my perspective.
>>
Anything that can be understood as a social construct can be taken as a personal understanding.

If you are asking if there is objective beauty or goodness, then I don't think so.
>>
Is rape wrong, or is that a social construct?
>>
The theory that x is a social construct is a social construct.
>>
>if it's a human construct it's not real meme

What the fuck is real then
>>
art is a social construct

being beautiful is a social construct
>>
>>1319674
But isnt the theory that x is a social construct being a social construct is a social construct ?

>>1319693
being beautiful is not related to society as much as to basic animal behavior
>>
>>1319563
Beauty is love and ugliness is that which dismantles love. I mean love broadest sense. Loss of love, being in love, desiring love, etc. Art reflects a reality, a collection of experiences, and a character (either social or individual, but ultimately both, like a spectrum). In our lives, we experience many things, beautiful and ugly. Art is a journey. Experiencing art is like meeting a fellow traveler on a journey; if you've met no one like them, they will probably have much to tell you. Perhaps all of us are heading towards the same thing, and it is only our paths that are different, and art represents these paths. Perhaps a suitable metaphor is that artists (and non-artists) can give you advice on making your path.

Morality is not a human construct. At it's most abstract/fundamental level, it is the prevention of suffering. If suffering is real, than we may as well call the prevention of it "morality". We are incapable of defining anything on a purely rational level. However, it is arguably better to assume that suffering is real than that it is not, as the consequences of it being real are very dire indeed (though of course the opposite consequences could be equally or even more severe).

Philosophy is only capable of taking us to the point of making "a reasonable guess".
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.