[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this film accuratley portray the stuff the army was using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: forest gump.jpg (135 KB, 1360x589) Image search: [Google]
forest gump.jpg
135 KB, 1360x589
Did this film accuratley portray the stuff the army was using in the Vietnam war?
>>
>>1319209
What do you mean, like, drugs and M16s, or what?
>>
>>1319209
There are better films than Forrest Gump that depict the American soldiers' perspective of Vietnam. Platoon is good, Hamburger Hill, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, Jacob's Ladder.
>>
>>1319209
yes
>>
>>1319234
AND Platoon, dont forget that.
>>
>>1319234
>>1319279
>not including We Were Soldiers
It's literally based on the book about Ia Drang by the Colonel.
>>
>>1319234
Downloading them now, cheers mate.
>>
>>1319234
The Deer Hunter
>>
File: costanza.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>1319234
>not rambo
>>
>>1319234
Which should i watch first?
>>
>>1319209
I just saw the movie yesterday and they were using "we was" all the time. Is that a 60's or southern thing or what?
>>
>>1319375
Yeah, First Blood is pretty good.

>>1319378
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>1319428
WE
>>
>>1319428
Yeah, all lower class people from the deep South tend to talk like that.
>>
>>1319428
We generally speak extremely dumb and colloquially even though we type and write normally. It's just how our speech is. You know how Jeff Foxworthy has redneck words that are basically just two words put together like Jeet for "Did you eat?" or Mayonaise for "Man they is"? Those are pretty common Southernisms. The only exception is the rich among us who still talk like they own plantations.

t. Alabama

>>1319441
Unless you're from the South you can't even understand the lower class people. They talk extremely fast, slur their words, blur them together so what comes out doesn't even sound like English. Just be glad that the rest of us enunciate.
>>
Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch Charlie MoPic Company.
Good depicition of POV shot movie of an LRRP.
Couldn't imagine being in the middle of bumfuck nowhere with 5 of your guys, ability to be ambushed and fucked at any time.
>>
>>1319530
>ability to be ambushed and fucked at any time
The worst part is by '67 the idea was to get ambushed so they could call in another platoon to wipe out the VC.
>>
>>1319279
The nigga lterally said Platoon first...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.