[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of The Great War youtube channel? htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: great war.png (593 KB, 992x520) Image search: [Google]
great war.png
593 KB, 992x520
What does /his/ think of The Great War youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A
>>
>>1319154
It's good.
>>
>>1319154
Pretty solid.
>>
>>1319154
really fun. especially when you watch it in bad hungover
>>
>>1319154
Good but I kinda wish they cut down on the
>thousands and thousands of deaths
I know I'll never really know how bad it was but I don't need reminding every 10 minutes.
>>
I have to say I prefer John Green.
>>
File: bait desu.png (3 KB, 252x256) Image search: [Google]
bait desu.png
3 KB, 252x256
>>1319915
>>
>>1319154
I wanted to like it but the guy is too LOUD and AMERICAN for the subject matter. The doc with Kenneth Branagh doing voiceover is good, and that Dan Carlin podcast, as they're quite muted and respectful.

I just don't like the bombastic approach when it comes to WW1. That's my only real criticism though.
>>
>>1319610
If you want perspective on how many men were killed, I suggest going to the battlefields in France and Belgium if you can, it's an eye opener
>>
>>1319154
I like it. It got me interested in WWI and that's the only thing I have read about in the last couple of months
>>
>>1319610
What's wrong about that? It's a good way to end every episode.
>>
>>1319154
bretty good.
>>
>>1319610
It's only bad when you binge watch the episodes. Taking it at the usual doses as the videos are released and it's the perfect amount of rubbing in how horrible the war was.
>>
Binged it over the past few weeks and caught up. I like how he is pretty unbiased through it all. Also I like how they focused on almost every front.
>>
>>1319154
It's well researched and fairly neutral in its presentation, the format of presentation is very interesting, and the host seems like a lovable dork.
>>
>>1325109
Anyone who is biased about World War 1 at this point is simply an idiot. That said, there are a lot of idiots in the world.
>>
>>1325120
My highschool teacher refered to the Central powers as the bad guys
>>
>>1325192
Yeah, good vs evil is a silly meme that a lot of people hold.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.