[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why cant God present himself directly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 7
File: god.jpg (71 KB, 963x797) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
71 KB, 963x797
why cant the supposed god of the universe assume a physical form? why cant he reveal himself to his creatures?

in the old testament, god did not convey his commandments directly to Abraham, he instead left 2 stone tablets with the commandments written on them. why?

in the new testament, instead of god directly telling man that they are sinners and should repent, he sends his supposed son to spread his teachings, even if they might become lost in translation. why?

in the Quran, instead of Allah conveying his will directly to Mohammed, he sends the archangel Gabriel. why?

why cant an almighty god present himself to his creation? is there something keeping him from that, if not, then just why?
>>
>>1317015
Cause its a test, and unlike tests in school, it does not reward critical thinking
>>
>>1317015

The Gnostics have an answer for this, but orthodox Abrahamics have to believe that the creator of the entire Universe chose a small part of the Middle East to uniquely reveal himself to a handfull of illiterates. And if you can believe that, you'll believe anything.
>>
>>1317015
why would God give you something ready-made while you donĀ“t have anything to give back
evolve your lazy ass
>>
because he doesnt exist
>>
>>1317033
well supposedly he loves us like a parent, greater than a parent even.
>>
>>1317015
I like the concept of tzimtzum as portrayed in the Kabbalah, essentially God is too great so he conceals himself to allow creation to exist, his infinite greatness would simply outweigh anything else
>>
>>1317071
Even most Jews regard Kabbalah as heretical, certainly only the most contrived interpretations of kabbalah would be compatible with orthodox Christian sects
>>
There is no god. That which does not exist lacks material form or physical embodiment.
>>
>>1317015
>justification and salvation mean nothing without a faith declaration
>a faith declaration would mean nothing without free will (sorry, Calvinists)
>in the face of complete divine revelation (God being omnipotent etc), the only choice would be faith
>therefore God will not reveal Himself
>>
why doesnt the bible mention other planets
>>
File: 4313534562345.png (163 KB, 405x465) Image search: [Google]
4313534562345.png
163 KB, 405x465
>>1317025
>mfw tests in school should reward critical thinking but instead reward rote memorization and google fu.
>>
>>1317015
He can.

Now ask why He isn't. Ask why everything is razor balanced to have enough evidence to believe in Him, and enough not to.
>>
>>1317015
God has revealed himself once and only to Moses.
>>
>>1317591
Rubbish.

Jesus is God. Sooner you figure that out the better.
>>
>>1317015
Because god is not actually omnipotent, and expended most of his power doing bad shit to Semitic peoples during antiquity.
>>
>>1317033
What interest does a complete being have in making an incomplete being, only to fuck with said incomplete being instead of being up front?
>>
>>1317577
Obviously it's an elaborate test as to whether or not you'll look at his ex. He knows where they work, so he set you up on a date over there to see if you will.

God is just a vindictive girlfriend and he's STILL pissed at A&E over having dinner with somebody else ONCE.
>>
If the greeks were right, we'd literally explode in his presence by being unable to withstand him.
>>
File: symeon stylite.jpg (27 KB, 291x437) Image search: [Google]
symeon stylite.jpg
27 KB, 291x437
He does. In total solitude.
>>
>>1317093
You do realize that the very conduit of reality begins to expand with every added dimension? Things in the 8th dimension can't even be seen in the 3rd or 4th, which is where we are. All because there's not enough space for that matter to exist before us.

So in theory, the higher you climb in dimensions...if you look at the earth, it's going to be spinning like a top. At amazing speeds.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This describes that the Creator of everything exists outside of time. That from his perspective, a single day to him, a thousand years pass for us. Again, the earth from that perspective is spinning like a top.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the physical make up of reality as we know it. Especially since you're not even meant to witness any of it for more than what? 70-80 years or so?
>>
File: 1447012118187s.jpg (11 KB, 250x178) Image search: [Google]
1447012118187s.jpg
11 KB, 250x178
>>1317015
Most mainstream Christians believe that the Son of God is God himself and that God did manifest himself physically.

Catholics, Orthodox, and Anglicans believe that God continues to manifest himself physically in the Eucharist.

These same denominations, (as well as maybe the Lutherans? not sure) believe that God instituted a Magesterium (or whatever the non- Catholic name for that is) in order to interpret Scripture to keep it from being lost in translation.
>>
>>1317015
It would be too convenient. He prefers it if his children continue to murder each other over various falsified accounts of his manifestations. It builds character.
>>
>>1317711
Thank you
>>
>>1317078
>most Jews regard kaballah as heretical
nigga, you are full of shit
>>
>>1317015
>why cant God present himself directly?
because god is a jew
>>
>>1317629
Seems legit.
Can't even find a hiding person and is powerless against iron chariots.
>>
God did present himself in Jesus but the world rejected him.
>>
>>1320094
Get your story straight you damn dirty jew. He presented himself dozens of times if we were to go by your fiction books.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 500x710
>>1317662
>>1317071

>>1317662
>>1317071

>>1317662
>>1317071
>>
Because Christcucks have to come up with convoluted explanations as to why he can't.
>>
>>1317015
Why can't you make yourself present among ants in their anthill?
>>
>>1320420
The easy answer to this, is I am not omnipotent
>>
>>1317078
this

>>1317895
kabala is heretical and anti-Jewish
it babylonian numerology and goes against everything in the torah
they even blaspheme and make representations of Jah with various illustrations and subdivide Jah into various departments

it is the demonic occultism that Moses and the prohpets warned against.
Jah gave the Tanakh and commanded not to add/modify/delete. original Judaism did not have additions of kabala (babylonian numerology), talmud, rabbi
Original Judaism had a direct connection with Jah, not requiring rabbis, kabbalas, talmuds or mystical babylonian rituals....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaism

Judaism stopped existing c. AD 70 with the fall of the Second Temple. One former sect, the Pharisees, cobbled together a bogus "oral law" and wrote the Talmud between AD 100 and 500 and called themselves "Jews." They formed an entirely new religion. They replaced the Tanakh with the Talmud (that's right, "Jews" don't even follow the Old Testament). They didn't have a Temple anymore (which real Judaism needed to exist). They didn't have a Priesthood anymore (they replaced priests with rabbis lol). All of their beliefs and practices were fabrications. It simply isn't the same religion. Your grandmother was a Rabbinic Talmudic Pharisee, not a Jew. If you want to see the real inheritors of the tradition of Abraham, look to the Christians. That religion is actually older than "Judaism."
>>
>>1320441
Potency has nothing to do with it.

The answer is because you can't fit in; it is impossible not because you are impotent, but because it cannot be done.
>>
>>1320406
The Christian explanation is that He does not appear because if He did, it would impinge on the functioning of our free will. We would all be too frightened, awe-inspired and overjoyed to do anything but gasp and stare.
>>
>>1320466
No one is talking about a full reveal here. Just a confirmation of existence and perhaps a clear explanation of exactly what he wants from us.

And not through a human proxy or a book, I mean direct
>>
>>1320441
Another metaphorical way of asking it would be: why can't you step into the space that you are currently occupying?
>>
>>1320449
Interesting how both the Jews and Catholics follow religions started in Babylon.

It really is a choice: Jerusalem or Babylon.
>>
>>1320480
Have you ever heard of someone named "Jesus", going by the alias "Christ"?
>>
>>1320478
His best friend saw Him and fell on his face as though dead.

I think you might be on to something.

And let's not forget that the Hebrews begged Him to stop talking to them, for fear they would die:

Exodus 20

The People Afraid of Godā€™s Presence

Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off. Then they said to Moses, ā€œYou speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.ā€
>>
>>1320480
The Lord directly revealed Himself to me because I demanded that He do so.

Sack up and make the same demand, and don't stop until you receive your confirmation.

It's not that God cannot make Himself known to you; He is waiting for your consent. He is Love, not Rape. Most of you seem to prefer Rape.
>>
>>1320519
>>1320480

If you actually expect God to reveal itself to persons as if he were some other person talking to you, you are an ignorant idiot with the imagination level of an ape.

God is an impersonal and total entity existing beyond the cosmos and beyond the pleroma; it literally cannot manifest directly to a single individual living inside the cosmos, much less communicate with it.
>>
>>1320493
The Catholic Church is of Jerusalem.
>>
>>1320553
Um... The Catholic Church is from Rome.

Learn some basic history.
>>
Why do religious people believe that without religion, no one would have any morals?
>>
>>1320503
Your not suggesting a man who preached in the backwaters of the roman empire, for less than a decade and never wrote anything down, is the same as a direct revelation.

>>1320519
a single person is unreliable for so many reason. has to be universal
>>
>>1320568
But it's priests are from the line of Melchizedek, the High Priest of Jerusalem who anointed Abraham.
>>
>>1320574

See
>>1320534
>>
>>1320553
Oh my Lord, no. It's a direct descendant of Babylon. So says Peter.

1 Peter 5:13 She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son.

Every pagan rite and ritual in the RCC is from Babylon, especially "venerating" the "Queen of Heaven", mourning with her for 40 days prior to the resurrection of her son, and fasting during that mourning period.

There's nothing of Jerusalem in the RCC; they are, have been, and always will be virulently anti-semetic.
>>
>>1320573
Without God, there is no objective basis for morality.

Men build religions around what God says is good and evil.
>>
>>1320574
Chickenshit people don't enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

The universal revelation of Jesus Christ, aka the Second Coming, will happen at a point in time where, if you survive, you will have lost already. Badly. Either completely to where you are cast alive into the lake of fire, or if you manage to do then what you cannot do now, enjoy less of a reward, less status, and less of a relationship with the living God.
>>
>>1320584
No, they're babylonian priests performing rites and rituals to Eat God, Be God. As a priest after the Order of Melchizedek myself, I know that the Roman priests have nothing in common with me.
>>
>>1317015
Because he doesn't want you to believe in him because you have no choice, he wants you yo chose him. Hence the whole faith thing.
>>
>>1320627
Yup.

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, ā€œThomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.ā€

Faith is the ability to believe things you have not seen.
>>
>>1320601
>anti-Semitic
Babylonians were Semites...
>>
>>1320619
Are you an Orthodox priest?
>>
>>1320627
>>1320633

That's awfully anti-intellectual though. Other than simply asserting your own religious beliefs can you give any reason that a benevolent God that cares for his people would deliberately make gullibility some kind of virtue necessary for salvation.
>>
>>1317015
God is abstract.

Think of God like freedom or happiness. You can know the definitions and have an idea as to what those two are. However, you'll never truly know what they are until you EXPERIENCE them. And to acquire this experience, one must go through the process of working to get to where one can experience them.

To put it this way, God's presence is something only an individual experiences.
>>
>>1320720
Well seeing as how all my understanding of God is directly linked to my religious beliefs no i really can't.
Also, while this is more personal views and i doubt many priests would agree, i dont think faith is necessary. Jesus himself asserts that love is greater than faith
>>
>>1320766
>Well seeing as how all my understanding of God is directly linked to my religious beliefs no i really can't.

Fair enough. At least you admit it.
>>
>>1320376
its strange how there is still racism on a blue board, but then i remember that this is 4chan and its all just racist
>>
>>1320654
Heaven forbid.
>>
>>1319836
What an absurd conclusion to draw.

A rational person would say that, just as in the battle of Ai, the Hebrews resorted to their own strength and did not consult God for that battle.

To say God put light in the sun but couldn't combat iron chariots is ludicrous.
>>
>>1320534
God is a person. We talk all the time. It's awesome.
>>
>>1320650
Good point.

Anti-"christkillers"
>>
>>1320720
It's actually anti-thinking-you-are-an-animal-with-only-five-senses.

You thinking your intellect surpasses God's is funny.
>>
>>1320746
God is a person.

Think of Him as a person. Will. Feelings. Emotions. Hands. Feet. Nose.

Person.
>>
>>1320804
>It's actually anti-thinking-you-are-an-animal-with-only-five-senses.

You could say the same of any other of the religions that exist or have been extinguished that you casually reject.

>You thinking your intellect surpasses God's is funny.

And that's just silly. I called a specific position anti-intellectual with good reason.
>>
>>1317015
He came as human: Jesus.

You can have mystical visions trough the Holy Spirit today - just be in His Church, repent, purify and pray for it.
>>
>>1320804
>Five senses
Kek

>Your intellect surpasses gods
>My holy book is inspired by god, I swear
>>
>>1320790
Then what are you? A lesbian Protestant priestess?
>>
>>1320850
>He came as human: Jesus.

This.

Krishna has appeared as many avatars. Including Jesus.
>>
>>1320829
I reject all religions, so that's a pretty safe thing to say.

Doesn't change the fact that you life your life as though you were an animal.

Your position is actually the anti-intellectual position as it immediately discards the supernatural. That's just willful ignorance.
>>
>>1320901
I told you. I am a priest after the Order of Melchizedek. My High Priest is Jesus of Nazareth, the High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek.

After the order.

Not the order.

Similar to the order.

Not the same order.

Hope that clears it up for you.
>>
>>1320965
Bullshit. Jesus was fully human.
>>
>>1320969
Oh really? Then you're what, some sort of agnostic theist or some shit?
>>
Why do you presume that there is only one god? Who says that physical reality isn't the creation of a multitude of gods and goddesses?
>>
>>1320593
Great but that certainly is not what Christians believe
>>
>>1320611
>The universal revelation of Jesus Christ, aka the Second Coming, will happen at a point in time where, if you survive, you will have lost already.

>>1317015
why cant the supposed god of the universe assume a physical form? why cant he reveal himself to his creatures?

Why?
>>
>>1320982
No, you and I have not defined our terms.

Religion, from religio, are systems of bondage made by men in a vain effort to reach up to the heavens, to be like God. They all fail.

God came down from heaven and is taking anyone who wants to go back up with Him.

Jesus did not die to impose another system of bondage; He died to make men free. Free from death. Free from the devil. Free from condemnation. And free from systems of bondage.

I am free.
>>
>>1320991
God said He's the only One like Him out there.

You have to trust someone going through life.

God is a good person to start trusting.
>>
>>1317015
actually if you think about it, this is just how humans naturally learn things.

we learn in the context of community, through parents and teachers and by means of argumentation and trust. God would not make humans in this way and then abandon that principle when it came to divinely interacting with humanity. Even if God's ways are not our ways, he knows our ways and conveys his message as such.
>>
>>1321002
He did.

He became flesh and dwelt among us.

He's the most famous person in history.

His name is Jesus.
>>
>>1317015
>in the Quran, instead of Allah conveying his will directly to Mohammed, he sends the archangel Gabriel. why?

allah is Ba'al. The muslims worship Ba'al and call Ba'al "allah" and "God".

They greatly err. But then, they have worshiped Ba'al for thousands of years.
>>
>>1321014
I think they're just Christian heretics, like Mormons.
>>
>>1320979

He was much more than just a man.
>>
>>1320982
>>1321004

>I reject all religions
>God came down from heaven and is taking anyone who wants to go back up with Him.

So you are religious then.
>>
>>1321060
Hindu avatars are not fully human. So Jesus being fully human means Jesus was not a Hindu avatar.

They have 330,000,000 million demon gods, the Hindus. They're a very lost people who are essentially animists believing in the Great Spirit, like the American Indians.
>>
>>1321067
No, not at all.

Perhaps read my post when you sober up.
>>
>>1321074
>Jesus being fully human

Jesus was an avatar not just a mere human.
>>
>>1320584
but was not Abraham a pimp?
>>
>>1321077

>my religion is not a religion

This is just sad. Are you seriously sitting at your computer thinking this is some sort of serious argument?

I actually feel a little bit sorry for you.
>>
>>1320611
t. American protestant.
>>
The whole thing is explainable and logical. And there is a God. But what is now commonly known about it is not correct. Or not entirely correct. Whatever you think of this is the problem.
>>
>>1321086

Jesus is God.

What you call avatars are demons.
>>
>>1321116(Me)

What seems as a lack of directness lies in the mad status of the subject. If it wouldn't be mad you would conclude that God presents himself directly sufficiently.
>>
>>1321091

I do not belong to any religion.

I have been transformed from a spiritually dead human being into a new creation in Christ Jesus.

I know it's something you know nothing about; that's painfully obvious.

It would benefit you to check into it.
>>
>>1321105
Bible believing born again Christian, yes.

Are we really located only in America though?

I hardly think so.
>>
>>1321116
It's not that it's not correct; its as though seen through a glass, darkly. He'll fix that problem, later. For both sides.
>>
>>1321123
>I do not belong to any religion.
>I have been transformed from a spiritually dead human being into a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Lol.
>>
>>1321143
I'm missing the humor here.

2 Corinthians 5:17 [Full Chapter]
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
>>
>>1321119

Jesus is not a demon and these anons that I replied to >>1321074 >>1320979 were claiming he was just a human
>>
>>1321120(Me)

Or some other mad thing:

So I happen to know this. And say it here. Emotionally the whole thing could be less ok. Or something in that area. How to call it.

Because this is not very known. And as a logical consequence of this: what happens to this unseen/ recognised truth in all cases where it has no place.

It causes disturbances in all sorts of ways in communication. Could be about related subjects too. Or just similar situations.

So purely this case: anything that seems negative, it is not. With a limit of errors in a way of missing a bus. So purely objective and material.
>>
>>1321152

That's a religious book you are quoting my friend.
>>
>>1321143
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

In the beginning, God made Adam a spiritually alive human being by breathing the Breath of God into his nostrils.

Adam lost that Spirit by sinning.

I have regained the Spirit by believing; every born again Christian has. And unless you're born again, you will in no wise enter into the Kingdom of God.
>>
>>1321154
Read my post again.

Jesus was fully human. Hence, not an avatar. As fully human as though He were not God.

And as fully God as though He were not human.

Jesus is not an avatar of anybody; He is God.

What Hindus call avatars are demons taking human form; they're not fully human.
>>
>>1321164

At what point is anyone supposed to accept assertions of your personal religious beliefs as a serious argument for the claim you are not religious?
>>
>>1321157
No, it's the word of God.

Get rid of your stale idea of competing religions.

There is only life and death, and no church can make the dead come to life; no religion can overcome the barrier between man and God.

You're calling something that is the cure for religion, "religion".
>>
>>1321168

I'm sorry my Christian friend. Are you saying Jesus is fully human or fully God?

You are contradicting yourself.
>>
>>1321171
When I back up everything I say with bible verses, I suppose.

Catholicism is a religion. Orthodoxy is a religion. Islam is a religion. Mormonism is a religion. Hinduism is a religion. Scientism is a religion. Groups of religious people trying to cleanse themselves, trying to reach up into heaven, trying to be gods.

Being transformed into a new creation, being born again in the Holy Spirit of God, is intensely personal.
>>
>>1321172
>No, it's the word of God.

Which one?
>>
>>1321181

Yawn.

Be serious.
>>
>>1321125
As I would say that there is a serious problem in how the subject is treated. I would say the same thing about an initiative God would take.

I don't think anyone would want to leave it up to God to do this what you say. Because of his other being then human. Looking at this unburdened it is like any material science up to humans to do this. And not let there be a problem with this in the first place.

Which is not the case at this time.
>>
File: homjer.jpg (259 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
homjer.jpg
259 KB, 1284x980
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
-Arthur C. Clarke

Because there is nothing that you can see with your eyes that you cannot claim, and dismiss, as alien technology or some sort of trick.

On a side note, it's interesting how the Messiah is suppose to display no miracles and come/return in an age when everyone demands miracles.

Truly, GOD has a great sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Z0iyBNxpk
>>
>>1321175

I'm saying that Jesus is as fully human as though He were not God, and as fully God as though He were not human; that He is the Hypostatic Union between Man and God; 100% Man and 100% God, seamlessly. Indivisibly. Eternally.

I'm saying that Jesus spoke the universe into existence, and Jesus died on a cross.
>>
>>1321182
Jesus. Jesus is the Word of God, and His Spirit inspired the 66 books of the bible, written by about 40 men over about 1500 years.
>>
>>1317031
>The Gnostics have an answer for this,

Which is?
>>
>>1321196
His God nature and His human nature are One.

Can you teach an ant calculus? No?

Then don't be surprised when ants can't grasp calculus.

However, if you could somehow transform an ant into a genius human being, you could then teach him calculus.
>>
>>1321004
Oh wait, you're one of those personal relationship with christ fucktards.

Nevermind, talking to one of you faggots is like talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>1321218
>I'm saying that Jesus is as fully human as though He were not God, and as fully God as though He were not human; that He is the Hypostatic Union between Man and God; 100% Man and 100% God, seamlessly. Indivisibly. Eternally.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry English is my second language but whan I look up fully in my English dictionary it says this...

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/full
>>
>>1321221

That's nice, dear. Enjoy your religion.
>>
>>1321227
But the crux of what you say does not change anything about the important truth of the fact that there is an enormous problem.

It is even dangerous. Because it implies answering something but it doesn't.

To apply this to the problem:

- there are no ants that do calculus, other they maybe in an unknowing fashion while doing what ants do. Anyway, this will not lead to calculus in any significant way. Of importance or interest to anyone. Or maybe it just being interesting to see. Like a film.

- Some entertainment thing or of likewise importance is not an issue here

- The whole thing you posted is of a kind of reasoning that seems from how God's being is.

- In other words: humans must do their kind of reasoning and take their responsibility. And God who is a more spirit based being just will. -Just will- different from a human because of the difference in being of spiritual beings and more material based beings.

-To be exact:

This is what humans must do now:
> Looking at this unburdened it is like any material science up to humans to >do this. And not let there be a problem with this in the first place.

>Which is not the case at this time.
>>
Because he doesn't exist.
>>
>>1317015
God does, to me. I can feel God's presence.

Now I could dismiss this as "delusion caused by exposure to religious ideas". But why would I?

If there is such a God, then it's not surprising I have immediate access to it.

So in the end, whether I believe it's a delusion is the same thing as whether I believe in God in the first place.

I'm going to stick with the view that I've had all along, that God is in communication with me.
>>
>>1321241
>Nevermind, talking to one of you faggots is like talking to a brick wall.
>>1321327(Me)
It can be you doing this too by hanging on to the view that God does not exist (anyway a discussion in some other thread. Though the discussion was not over yet in some way)

Anyway
>brick wall
Could be you copy it for some reason. But in Christianity this same attitude as Gods being is exists. IF I am right about this, Gods being, spiritual being is even so, that it does not respond to this. In a manner this is done, and should be done, among humans.

But there will be all reason and knowledge to act correctly. Even though this human-like direct response is not there.

So if you say brick wall, you are right. It seems to happen that Christianity makes the mistake of copying something that in no way belongs in human behaviour.

And the scripture, or all other things of importance confirm this in all sorts of ways.
>>
>>1321372
>Now I could dismiss this as "delusion caused by exposure to religious ideas". But why would I?

Because people from many different, contradicting religions have claimed the same thing, and sense they cannot all be right its reasonable to assume that human psychology is at work rather than the divine?
>>
>>1317015
le mysterious ways XDDD
>>
>>1321400
Not really. I mean on any important topic, there are usually about 100 positions, at most one of which can be right. It shouldn't be surprising. I mean atheism is also one of those 100 positions, does that make you suspect it's wrong?

And in any case, I'm a theist with no beliefs about miracles in history. So from my perspective, all monotheists have get the basics right, but they have all fallen for various varieties of con-man.
>>
>>1320611
But you will still have a reward right? So to put it in other simpler analogy. If you accept God before he reveals himself at the end of the world in the kingdom of heaven you would basically be like a noble higher than angels and receive glory and riches beyond your imagination. But if you accept him after he reveals himself you would just be a random peasant, and while being a peasant in heaven is better than earthly life, you still aren't as high up as the nobles who believed and accepted Christ before his revelation. Is that what you are saying?
>>
>>1321410
lots of Buddhists, Shintoists ect, make similar claims too.

true its possible that they are all in contact with the same thing/entity, but if so then all of them are probably wrong abut the details
>>
>>1321241
Yes, we're immune to your brand of bullshit.

Feels good.
>>
>>1321390
>In a manner this is done, and should be done, among humans.

What does seem to work in communication with God is what Dee and Kelly did. And this also has the logic humans need. But as you can see from this documentary Dee states that he is of the ministry of God, not of some evil. At about 0:57 it is clearly stated what Dee's intentions were.

At the same time the documentary shows that even though Dee is right, back then and now it at least runs the risk of being called black magic.

So the opposite of what Dee and Kelly's activities were. Something much needed for Christianity today.

But it must be done as a fact. That is all. It is not necessarily hard or any of that. But is must be factually done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSnIHLVa2Qw
>>
>>1321248
You don't have to comprehend it right away, just apprehend it for the moment.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God......and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Jesus is the Word; Jesus is the Logos.

He had to be human to qualify to redeem us.

He had to be God to be capable of redeeming us.
>>
>>1321410
>I mean atheism is also one of those 100 positions, does that make you suspect it's wrong?

Not really. Unless you mean strong atheism, which isn't the position most atheists hold.

I could create a computer program that could create one million stories a day about different types of monsters living in my garden.

Would that really make every single one of those claims as probable to be true as 'there is no monsters living in my garden'?. Obviously not.

It would be more reasonable to assume that since I don't have a shred of evidence there are monsters in my garden that I shouldn't believe there is.
>>
>>1321474
>lots of Buddhists, Shintoists ect, make similar claims too.
It's possible, but I find that eastern theology is meaningless. I think only Christian theology ever made sense, and I think it got almost all the details right. I don't think that has much to do with Christianity, but to do with the western tradition of rationalism.

It's interesting that if you read a good Christian theologian, they always make a great deal of sense until they get to the part where they have to introduce Jesus.
>>
>>1321327
Yes, but He wants to make you more like Him so that you can understand Him better.

And He will only do that if you consent.
>>
>>1321462
I'm saying something very similar to that, yes.

This age, the church age, offers rewards to believers far in excess of any other age.

The descendants of Abraham get to live in Israel? Who cares, when there's a floating satellite city made of precious metals and jewels, where God Himself lives?

The tribulation saints get to serve Jesus? That's nice, and I'm sure they'll be happy, but wouldn't a man rather rule and reign with Christ Jesus for a thousand years than be a servant in His temple?

No, this is the best age to be saved in; Pentecost to Rapture. There is nothing better. Above angels, brother to Christ Jesus, and joint heir; in on the ground floor of what the Creator is doing for eternity.
>>
>>1321474
>>1321493
To answer your concern about "Getting the details right", I would put it this way. God is a presence in my life, but God barely tells me anything at all. God basically only tells me what I ought to do and ought not to do, and I can feel that God is the supreme power and that God loves me.

That's just about it. Now imagine if everyone had access to such a being. It would be so easy to start fooling yourself into thinking the being had said more to you. But the strange fact is, God only offers me a very minimal set of knowledge.

It's easy for me to chalk religions up to people overthinking and deluding themselves.
>>
>>1321493
That's because the natural man is incapable of understanding the things of God, because the things of God are spiritually discerned and natural man is spiritually dead.

It's not a failing of the Christian theologian; it's a failing in your being dead.
>>
>>1320376
>presents a christian viewpoint
>called a jew
???
>>
>>1321502
>He wants to make you more like Him so that you can understand Him better.

This is only done and complete by Gods will if this issue is solved:

> Looking at this unburdened it is like any material science up to humans to >do this. And not let there be a problem with this in the first place.

>Which is not the case at this time.

And to do this the whole of Christianity is needed so that there is a sufficient amount of approval for it. And good results.

As long a s this is not the case NO ONE can fully say that he is sufficiently like Him, as you say. So this is conversion. Being saved, as is the Christian preaching.

And to start doing this: it must be done or started from the comfort zone. In a safe manner. Hobby-like. Because it is a kind of thing that is associated with running helter skelter. Or with the brick wall kind of view. This is a similar thing.

It is unknown and unaccepted by the Christian organisation. That is why I mention this paragraph directly above this one.
>>
>>1321485
>He had to be human to qualify to redeem us.
>He had to be God to be capable of redeeming us.

So which is it?
>>
>>1321577(Me)
>it must be done or started from the comfort zone. In a safe manner. Hobby-like

This doesn't have enormously much to do with where I type this. So on 4chan, anywhere else (...)
>>
>>1321488
>It would be more reasonable to assume that since I don't have a shred of evidence there are monsters in my garden that I shouldn't believe there is.
Well I have a direct connection with God. I know God better than I know anyone else. That's better evidence than I have for most things.

Could that be a delusion? Sure, but so could my vision of a laptop, which is my only evidence that there is a laptop in front of me.

To me, saying "what if your God is a delusion" is sort of like saying "dude, what if we're all in the Matrix". It's technically possible, but I'm not about to throw out my core beliefs because of some scenario under which they would be false.
>>
>>1321224
Not that dude, essentially the gnostics think that if God or other higher divine beings were to reveal themselves fully to us we would die. We aren't spiritually ready for that experience and have to ascend via gnosis.
>>
>>1321623
>Well I have a direct connection with God.

That's a fascinating claim.

What does that consist of?

Could you describe it to us?

How would you say it differs from the claim of someone that has different religious views having a conection with their god(s) or being sure their dog is their reincarnated aunt?

How would you differentiate it from a warm and fuzzy feeling of devotion?

I don't even say that to be mean or horrible. I would love a serious non-shitposting explanation as to why you think it is different.
>>
>>1321600

And looking at the part of it Dee and Kelly did >>1321483

Still this issue of communication between spirit and man was there: >>1321227

I mean: looking at how things went. All that happened to them. Their uncertainties and mistakes.

And they actually had a communication line to God.

But in this time, if it is taken up right this problem that seems to be there could probably be reduced and developed to nil.

>If it is done right
So if it is done, this does not automatically mean that first initiatives are this. So can run a risk of running into problems a real fully charged and !reliable! professional circumstance does not have.
>>
>>1321705
>Could you describe it to us?
I am just in constant contact with a being that gives me access to certain knowledge. Mainly what I ought to do, and what I ought not to do. I can immediately grasp that this being is the supreme power, and that this being loves me.

Honestly, that's it. And what I ought to do and ought not to do, basically lines up with most people's idea of morality.

>How would you differentiate it from a warm and fuzzy feeling of devotion?
Well, I don't do devotion. Sometimes I'll take a moment of quiet to figure out what exactly I ought to be doing.

>How would you say it differs from the claim of someone that has different religious views having a conection with their god(s) or being sure their dog is their reincarnated aunt?
If God has a similar connection to them, then they are fooling themselves with all the specifics. God only gives me some basic reassurance that this world isn't the main event. No specifics at all. I can see how this could be frustrating to some, and they might fool themselves into creating highly specific religions. Personally I'm quite patient.
>>
>>1321577
It's always been about you meeting your Maker.

You can meet him quietly at home or running towards a cliff or on your death bed.

It's not comfortable, and it's not safe.
>>
>>1321589
Yes.
>>
>>1321745
>Mainly what I ought to do, and what I ought not to do.

Like what cheese to buy at the shop and stuff?
>>
>>1321768

?
>>
>>1321792

Both. Jesus is both the Son of God, and the Son of Man.
>>
>>1321763
The whole thing just needs a peaceful, all agreeable, controllable, safe revision. It doesn't really matter where the initiative for it starts. As long as a normal functioning thinking and acting is not disturbed. A comfort zone base.
>>
>>1321801

Hw can you be fully Krishna and fully man at the same time?
>>
>believing in god
>but not Santa Claus

tell me the difference

what's that? you can't?

BTFO
>>
>>1321786
>Like what cheese to buy at the shop and stuff?
Not usually, but sometimes it is stuff that seems only trivial.

It's usually just boring stuff like being polite, planning for the future, making use of my skills, things like that.
>>
>>1321813
santa claus was a real guy retard
>>
>>1321493
Eastern theology is at least as well developed as western theology, and I think some of it meshes with our current understanding of the universe quite a bit better.

That alone doesn't make me a believer however
>>
>>1320449
I agree, but you, or the person i was responding to said most jews are against it. that's blatantly false
>>
>>1321809
You need more help than I can give you. Reality is not going to change to accommodate you.
>>
>>1321811
Demon.

Demons mated with people before, and are likely mating with humans now.

Krisna is a demon.
>>
>>1321901
It's idiotic self delusion and ancestor worship.
>>
File: YHWH_Picto-Hebrew_2.jpg (191 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
YHWH_Picto-Hebrew_2.jpg
191 KB, 1650x1275
"Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you." Matthew 7:7
>>
>>1317031
Spot on
>>
>>1322129
and that an ad hominem backed up by ignorance
>>
>>1317015
Why would such a high level Entity even give two shits about humans?

He's probably fighting other gods to preserve our universe like Superman.
>>
God can reveal himself to those who are willing to see him.
>>
>>1320573
Because it's true.
>>
>>1317717
You're fucking dumb
>>
>>1317015
He did, and we killed him.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.