[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was she only relevant because of Caesar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: cleopatra__120811010914.jpg (11 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
cleopatra__120811010914.jpg
11 KB, 194x259
Was she only relevant because of Caesar?
>>
No, she was relevant because her brother killed Pompey.
>>
first Ptolemy to learn fluent Egyptian
>>
>>1316532

This 2bqh. She was a pretty interesting character on her own. But sure, she wouldn't be a household name if not for her role in the lives of Romans.
>>
Did she actually dress like that?
>>
>>1316522

I would say she was only relevant because of Shakespeare, but we're generally on the same side of the street on this.
>>
>>1316570
The coins depicting her don't differ from a Greek woman in style.
>>
>>1316522
Was she actually relevant at all for a monarch?
>>
>Cleopatra
>White
Go back to /pol/ and stop appropriating African history
>>
>>1316703
Weak bait
>>
File: 1418190420907.gif (267 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
1418190420907.gif
267 KB, 400x310
>>1316703
>>
Probably. If Rome never got involved, she would have been a fairly relevant queen in the continuing decline of Egypt.
>>
>>1316522

Did she contribute to the STEM field?
No?

Burn any reference to her then. Irrelevant crap.
>>
>>1316570
I think she walked around topless, actually.
>>
>>1316570
>>1316595

There are contemporary depictions of her in "Egyptian" dress, which makes sense considering she associated herself with the Egyptian goddess Isis. She "went native" far more than any of her predecessors.
>>
>>1316800

thats pretty hot
>>
>>1316820
Indeed.

>>1316818
>Cleopatra herself was Wewuz
Can't make this shit up.
>>
On one occasion Cleopatra is recorded as having performed fellatio on (sucked the cocks) one hundred Roman nobles in one night.
To become a high priestess of Aset the women first have to sex with at least one thousand different men. Cleopatra expert this less than a week
>>
>>1318097
Seriously? Sauce?
>>
Was she actually beautiful or was it just hype?
>>
>>1316768
If Caeser never got involved, her brother would have been King and she would be dead and forgotten.
>>
>>1318109
There's literally no way to know for sure, since the only depictions of her from the time are a profile view on a coin (where she had a huge kike nose), and coins of the time were hardly photo-realistic.

One can assume she was fairly attractive, or she wouldn't have managed to seduce Caesar and Antony.
>>
>>1318109
>>1318119
Some suspect this bust was in her likeness.
>>
>>1318109
An unmarried, heirless queen of a powerful realm will always be beautiful to a guy like Caesar
>>
>>1318107
i am pretty sure that's ullshit, and even if it isn't it's from a roman shitty biased source to discredit her and everyone involved with her
>>
>>1316522
She was relevant because she was a whore. People love whores, especially female millennials.
>>
>>1318124
>(((Cleopatra)))
Seriously, where did she get that nose?

Pretty cute otherwise, but damn.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.