[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You would be given 10000 random people from all periods of history.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
You would be given 10000 random people from all periods of history. Your enemy would be like you, another anon with same 10000 random people for the army. Each your soldier have their respective weapon be it a sword or a gun. Battle would be in California. You would be given enough food for an army to feed for entire year. You can choose one and only one historical character to help you with leading, organizing and motivating people. Here is no linguistic barrier, so everyone understand each other. The question. Who would you choose to be your general and why?
>>
File: viking_warrior_by_ptimm-d7bwn6x.jpg (816 KB, 789x1080) Image search: [Google]
viking_warrior_by_ptimm-d7bwn6x.jpg
816 KB, 789x1080
Ragnar Lothbrok. Because he's a fucking viking. A VIKING.
>>
>>1311261
Napoleon, I don't need to elaborate.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 1165x1549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 1165x1549
Adolf Hitler.
>>
>>1311261
>random
Is there even a point? The battle will most likely be decided by who has the most guns anyway.
>>
>>1311331
Have fun losing
>>
>>1311335
You got the same random people, 50 vikings and 50 vikings for example for it to be fair battle.
>>
>>1311340
That's better already.
Well then I just turtle up, set up food production and wait for my opponent to starve out.
I choose Vauban for setting me up in a nice fortress. Afterall what ended the age of sieges was artillery, and it's not mentioned in your scenario.
>>
>>1311261
I choose Muhammad for the dank +100 to morale.
>>
>>1311331
>egoistic drug addict who gets autistically obsessed with the dumbest shit and doesn't let his advisors do their job

At least your troops will be motivated due to his speech skills, I guess.
>>
Peng De Hui best general with no resources of the 20th century.
>>
Saladin
>>
Choices for generals would be between William Tecumsah Sherman, and Pyrrhus.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 500x532
>>1311261
This belongs in >>>/qst/.
As always, thank you for shitposting on 4chan
>>
File: vive l'empereur.jpg (262 KB, 530x500) Image search: [Google]
vive l'empereur.jpg
262 KB, 530x500
Easily Napoleon, but only if he had enough time to learn an advanced level of modern military tactic, armaments, history and doctrines, because what kind of a dumb cunt wouldn't build a modern military regiment with his men. Napoleon's style I think could be applied to the kind of wide spread, hit-and-run logistics based combat that would occur in this generation's modern warfare.
>>
Alexander or Napoleon tbqh family
>>
File: zhukov-large.jpg (18 KB, 385x357) Image search: [Google]
zhukov-large.jpg
18 KB, 385x357
Don't know if it's the best option, but at least he will counter the wehraboos
>>
>>1311261
Diogenes because fuck your scenario I am going to turn this army of soldiers into an army of witty hobos
>>
>>1311261
1 Leclerc, 999 men of the 2nd Armoured please and small fies please
>>
>>1311261
Caesar
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.