[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Mansa Musa fuck up the economy with his gold spending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1455578310986.jpg (32 KB, 478x457) Image search: [Google]
1455578310986.jpg
32 KB, 478x457
How did Mansa Musa fuck up the economy with his gold spending?
can someone explain how it worked out?
>>
>>1308889
>How did Mansa Musa fuck up the economy with his gold spending?
Surge in gold in circulation caused the price of gold to collapse; became worthless.
>can someone explain how it worked out?
Badly. It took more than a decade for the price of gold to normalize. He tried to buy back as much gold as he could, but the damage was done and there was nothing anyone could do but wait.
>>
He made it rain in Cairo

And had an awkward moment with the sultan since neither wanted to bow to any but Allah
>>
>>1308889
>Gold is valuable because it's rare
>Oingo Bongo king has a lot of gold
>Gives a lot to the poor like a good muslim
>Suddenly gold is less rare
>Suddenly gold is less valuable
>>
>>1308902
>>1308908
>>1308927
Was gold the currency?
so he gave people gold, gold became worth less, goods became more expensive
how does that translate to a bad thing?
>>
>>1308936
value of currency going down =/= goods becoming more expensive
>>
>>1308936
No one likes expensive bread you retard
>>
what can I read to learn more about these stuff in economics
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.