[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up in your present location in the year 1700. What do you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1700_CE_world_map.png (328 KB, 4500x2234) Image search: [Google]
1700_CE_world_map.png
328 KB, 4500x2234
You wake up in your present location in the year 1700. What do you do?
>>
>>1299786
>California

Start a ranch and get some sweet native pussy
>>
>>>>>>>Upper Canada
Plant an apple orchard
>>
>Phoenix, AZ

Melt in the sun and try to find some natives before I die of dehydration
>>
>Texas
Die a poor farmer before I even get to experience the glory of the Alamo
>>
>>1299826
>Dallas, TX.
Pretty much the same for me.
>>
>Illinois
Glorious French colonist
Soon, I will welcome the British overlords
>>
>>1299786
>England
Considering my town was mostly poor, illiterate, and in the middle of an economic slump... most likely move to London or another large city. Once there try to become an apprentice for someone, or use my reading and writing skills to become a clerk or something.
But most likely is freakout and die like a month later because i have no papers, no money, and no understanding of life in this era.
>>
>>1299786
>delaware
nothing happens, go somewhere else
>>
>>1299786
Drink alcohol and try not to die in the DC swamp
>>
>>1299838
>soon

You have over sixty years to wait, actually
>>
>>1299786
>spanish war of succession about to start
>I'm on the losing side

I'm getting out of this rotting shithole to chill in the Americas or something.
>>
>>1299786
>Tennessee

I guess I start walking East
>>
File: sp.jpg (198 KB, 321x1250) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
198 KB, 321x1250
>Central Europe

Prepare for the decade long shitstorm that will start next year
>>
>>1299786
Go native because my city wasn't founded yet
[spoiler]then get pushed away by the white men and their thundersticks[/spoiler]
>>
>Stirling, Scotland
I guess try to find my Clan's chief, present myself as a long lost relative from America or something, and offer my services as a clerk or lawyer in exchange for his patronage

Likely outcome: he laughs at me, gives me some bread, and sends me on my way
>>
>>1299786
venice beach, CA, 1700 is pre-colonial so i would make my way south along the coast until i could find a Tongva settlement, and hope they take me in.
>>
>>1299786
I go and become a rice farmer and see if I can find my ancestors.
>>
>>1299990
Is that how clans worked? You could just claim to be related to a guy and he would give you stuff?
>>
>>1299786
>1700

Worst time to be a turk t bh.
>>
File: 1435027363649.jpg (14 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1435027363649.jpg
14 KB, 250x241
live a good life
>>
>>1300038
Well the idea was your Clan chief would protect you and help you if you fell on bad times, and in turn you would pay him a certain amount of annual rent (cash, crops, livestock, produce, crafts, or the rent could be deferred in exchange for labour) and fight for him if another Clan was giving him guff or if the King of Scotland needed soldiers.

Obviously it would be a bit hard to petition the chief for help if no other clansmen know who you are, you couldn't just walk up to him and be all
>Awricht pal, me name's Haldane, gies yer tochter an a coo
>>
>>1299786
I'm in the Kingdom of Aragon, no money, no family and a war is about to start. I'll try to get to NA and start a farm.
>>
>Sweden
Go die in some stupid war run by Nobles who don't give a blue blooded shit about some poor ass like me.
>>
>>>1300000
>>
File: swedish history in a nutshell.png (19 KB, 1185x167) Image search: [Google]
swedish history in a nutshell.png
19 KB, 1185x167
>>1300084
Same here. Would probably be working on a farm until more soldiers are needed and i'm given a Polearm or a Musket.
>>
Twin Cities, Minnesota
>Try to find my way to the nearest French outpost
>Have hope because I know enough French that I could communicate
>Get Shot by native
>Excruciating pain
>Get away
>Wound infected
>Die alone

Such is the life
>>
>>1299786
New York.
Enjoy some fucking oysters.
>>
Flanders
Well shit, this is about to start >>1299978
>>
>>1299786

>California

Likely kickstart the apocalypse for local natives thanks to the advanced microbes contained within my body, inadvertently giving rise to the conditions that led to them being conquered by Europeans. Probably get sacrificed to the gods if I'm found and captured.
>>
>>1299786
Greece.
Flee to the mountains cause theres bloody turks everywhere and i dont wanna get culturally enriched
>>
>>1300139

Oh wait nvm, I thought that said 700, not 1700.

Build a ranch I guess.
>>
>>1299802
>>1300018
>>1300139
Kill yourselves commies
>>
>>1299786
get scalped by native mercenaries working for the French
t. Anglo living in Nova Scotia
>>
>>1299786
Make the Netherlands greatest again.
>>
File: irelandmentioned.png (32 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
irelandmentioned.png
32 KB, 300x188
>>1299786
>Ireland
Live out in bumfuck nowhere so I'd probably wander off and hope I don't get snatched by some baby kidnapping britbong and sent to Caribbean.
>>
>>1300149

>>>/pol/
>>
>>1300160
>>>/suicide/
>>
>>1299786
Praise God that I am a subject of the archbishop of Mainz and wasn't born in the neighboring Hessian town where the landgrave conscripts everybody into a huge fucking army to fight as mercenaries.

Then get drunk on the local famous wine.
>>
Join the krajina hajduks
Hope spain destroys mislim tonight like it's 723
>>
>interior Alaska
Drive out the Russians with the natives help. Establish new Republic of Alaska. Begin teaching the dumbass natives how to farm.
>>
File: gnw.png (224 KB, 720x2000) Image search: [Google]
gnw.png
224 KB, 720x2000
>>1300084
>>1300102
>>
File: ye_olde_new_yorke.jpg (76 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
ye_olde_new_yorke.jpg
76 KB, 500x344
>>1299786
>Bronx, New York
>Live on long island sound
>Bay of Pelham manor
Fish I guess. Maybe not have to worry about natives. Eventually use my knowledge of chemistry to create smokeless cartridge, and beat I'd everyone to steam tech and electricity as well.
>>
>Spain.
>1700

Shit.
>>
>Maryland
Walk over to Annapolis and sell myself into indentured servitude for food and a roof.
>>
>>1299786
>What do you do?
Fall down 10m. So either broke my legs and pelvis or die outright.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (31 KB, 305x400) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
31 KB, 305x400
>>1300196
Just realized that there are suspension bridges in that pick.
>tfw, no one in 1700 wanted to draw the fucking bronx
>>
>>1299786
>Texas
Try desperately hard to survive with no infrastructure or technology. Probably end up approaching the only other people in the area (native Americans) and either be immediately killed by them or accepted into their tribe. As a white person the former is probably more likely.

From there I could either go south to New Spain or east to New Orleans where I'd have to learn how to speak Spanish or French. If I'm lucky I'll make enough money doing god knows what until I can book passage to an English speaking colony. From there hopefully get back to Europe where the only respectable civilization would exist at that time.
>>
>>1299786
> Southeast England
Get the fuck off someone's farmland before they shoot me. This place used to be the grounds of a manor.
Then I'd try to find work at the stables that used to be nearby, or the coaching inns that still are. My skillsets of 'moving shit from A to B' are still valid whenever, and I'm good with animals.

I can still navigate, and the local pub is older than that anyway.
>>
>>1299786
Die in the black swamp. Whether the bugs do me in or the natives, it probably won't matter that much.
>>
>Mid-Finland
Drink
>>
>low countries
Go collect peat for our Habsburg overlords like my ancestors before me to fund their endless wars with the French or whoever.
>>
>>1299786

Fall to my death, I guess.
>>
>>1299786
"Invent" the steam engine and everything related to electricity and magnetic fields. Kickstart modern manufacturing, locomotives and railway transportation. Detail the oil drilling and distilling process, "invent" the internal combustion engine and automobiles. "Invent" modern ballistics and aerodynamics to a basic extent, as well as "design" a basic plane blueprint from what I know of early biplanes.
>>
>>1299786
Die at the hands of a savage Indian in Florida.
>>
File: blessing of the colours.jpg (85 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
blessing of the colours.jpg
85 KB, 599x800
>Dublin
Join the lads in freeing the land of the Sassanach menace before An Gorta Mór
show revolutionaries how to into Guerilla warfare before the Spanish, topple les aristocrates before the French and establish a Republic
if all else fails slaughter the planters in the North who would be 12 years into the Protestant Ascendancy by now after na Cogadh an Dá Rí

then emigrate to the Americas for a laugh
>>
File: philadelphia.jpg (718 KB, 1065x790) Image search: [Google]
philadelphia.jpg
718 KB, 1065x790
I figure that my clothes and generic modern American accent would make me seem like an oddity. Enjoy Voltaire-tier popularity all over the colonies. Buy a nice colonial-style manor home in the outskirts of the city and live a nice comfy life writing books about the future.
>>
>Romania
Remove kebab
>>
>north of england
land in a field somewhere and complain about urbanisation?
>>
>>1299786
>Netherlands
Sail to England and buy a fuckload of stock in The South Sea Company then after it passes 800 pounds per stock sell it all and become rich, then flee to France and live out the rest of your day in a fancy chateau.
>>
>Ojibwe
Kill thousands if invading whites to preserve my people and culture
>>
>>1299786
>Massachusetts

Wear black, work the land, waste time at church, pray I don't get burned next.
>>
File: Sugalite super nigger.jpg (8 KB, 317x159) Image search: [Google]
Sugalite super nigger.jpg
8 KB, 317x159
>>1299786
>Wisconsin
Live like a badger, eat pasties, mine lead, and go insane
>>
Die while sleeping by horse fly bites
>>
>>1299786
Fight the mapuche
>>
>be irrelevant microstate
>get invaded by france
>>
>Massachusetts
farm, build a 2nd England in the new world and start preparing for the imperial federation also warn everyone about the irish
>>
>>1300213
To be fair, most people don't like the Bronx today either.
>>
>upper canada

die
>>
>North Eastern New Jersey

Try to get a ferry to New York, most likely.
>>
Fall 5 meters onto a field of wheat
>>
>>1300170
t. Jovan

>>1300264
Based. We'd probably just be torn apart by gators in the swamp, though. Unless you're in the middle/north of the state.
>>
>Spain
Fight for my future king Philip V, Austriafags GTFO

>Wait, I'm from Barcelona
Fight for my future king Charles III, Borbonfags GTFO
>>
>>1299786
>Virginia
Eventually die of some disease that won't be a problem in 300+ years. In the meantime, probably work on a farm.
>>
>Florida
Learn Spanish
>>
>>1299786
I probably would be somewhere in Nova Scotia seeing as the bongs hadn't BTFO'd me to Louisiana yet
>>
>Chicago

Try to find natives before I die from mosquitoes and dysentery
>>
>>1299786
Live happily on the noble lands Ferdinand I gave to my family, praise the Habsburg everyday, and fight the muslim scum
>>
>>1299786
>Ohio

Get gored by French and Indians for speaking English.
>>
I'm in St Louis, so I'd probably would catch a tomahawk to the dome, then get scalped.
>>
>>1299786
>holland
deteriorate
>>
>>1300207
Kek
>>
Freeze to death because im smack dab in the middle of British Columbia and there is no civilization around for hundreds of miles

Maybe I could find some native tribe and they wouldn't scalp me
>>
>Genoa

time to shoot some corsicans
>>
>>1300532
I forgot to add: A Few days after I've been scalped a passing French picks my pockets and dumps my body into the Mississippi
>>
>>1300589
Frenchman*
>>
>>1300557
>massachusetts

Revolt against the crown, establish New England as an independent country (New York bros can join) that persists as a highly educated, brotherly utopia to the present day

Like an American Finland
>>
>>1299786
>Maryland
Start fishing for a living and make a name for myself as a writer in early Colonial America.
>>
File: 1462375134002.jpg (2 MB, 2496x1664) Image search: [Google]
1462375134002.jpg
2 MB, 2496x1664
>Boston

I'm not /his/ enough to know if there's a city here yet. But probably die either way. I have no practical skills other than writing novels; much like the first wave of Jamestown settlers, my days are numbered.

>Survival mode engage
>MUST
>SURVIVE

Exploit the mood of the times by becoming a preacher, the crazier the better. Use my knowledge of theology and revivalism to bring about a new cult of personality.

My grandad's dad and his dad were ministers. I got this!!!
>>
>amazonian rainforest
>probably catch yellow fever and die
>or malaria

Maybe I'd get to fuck a qt indian girl before that
>>
>>1299786
>Poland on border with Austria
Not bad at all
At least before partitions
>>
>>1299786
> Buenos Aires

smuggling
>>
>>1299786
>Over 30 miles from Chicago

Try and find the nearest French or British trading post.
>>
>>1301109
Likely French, and even then you've got a better chance of getting Injuned or beared.
>>
>prairies
>eat bison testicles
>>
>The western border of PA

Get massacred by indians I guess
>>
File: comanche_leaders.jpg (143 KB, 700x432) Image search: [Google]
comanche_leaders.jpg
143 KB, 700x432
>Oklahoma

get tortured, maimed, and killed in some horrible manner by the Comanche
>>
>>1299786
>Ireland
Fucking Anglos leave
REEEEEEEE
>>
>Melbourne

Well... no European settlement in the area for another one hundred years or so. So I guess I'd just hang out on a beach, eat bulk kangaroo and go fishing. Hope the locals are friendly, which is possible I suppose.
>>
File: 2b4.jpg (94 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
2b4.jpg
94 KB, 422x408
>>1299786
>Sweden looks like a black dick
>>
>>1299786
Polder, Netherlands
Drown or swim to the shore depending on the weather.
>>
>>1299786
>Tennessee

blend in, join their culture
>>
>>1299786
>Lower California

Viva espana alza los brazos hijos del pueblo espanol, que vuelve a resugrir

Idk. I know Spanish, so maybe try to get to a major city and make something of myself using my education and my knowledge of future inventions.
>Woman
Oh, nevermind. Nevermind. ;-;
>>
>>1299786
>Idaho
I hope my Shoshone is good enough and these nigs are peaceful otherwise I might get fucked and not in the good way
>>
>>1300445
Better hope your in St. Augustine or you're fugged m8
>>
File: Detroit_Frontier_Metropolis.jpg (83 KB, 800x719) Image search: [Google]
Detroit_Frontier_Metropolis.jpg
83 KB, 800x719
>>1299786
> You wake up in your present location in the year 1700.

Metro Detroit suburbs.

> What do you do?

Hike to where the Fort Pontchartrain du Detroit would be built next year by the French and hopefully run into some french voyageurs before the Indians or a bear kills me.

If I survive, I’d try to make it east to civilization and… invent stuff?
>>
Learn Dutch.
>>
>Philadelphia.
Seeing as how I would be the most physically impressive specimen on the planet at that time I'd probably tour around europe after I'm done pounding tons of colonial and native pussy. Become Sandow almost two hundred years prior.
Get paid to pose and fuck women, eat tons of good organic foods and hopefully put some of my contemporary knowledge to use. Penascilin might be an easy start.
>>
chilling in ottoman empire fuqqin boi bussi and drinking tea, wbu son?
>>
>>1299786
>alabama
move into the U.S
>>
File: American_bison_k5680-1.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1761) Image search: [Google]
American_bison_k5680-1.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1761
>Great plains area
Go hunt me some tatanka
>>
Adelaide, Australia

Fuck... Try and tame the natives I suppose? I don't know. still have 70 years until James Cook sails to Sydney and 100 years until the land around me is sighted by the British
>>
>>1301396
im south of Augustine so indian territory probably still. Basically im fucked
>>
>>1299786
>Belmont mass.
Try not to get killed by the French or Indians as I make my way to the safety of boston, maybe stop by the union oyster house for already overpriced seafood
>>
>>1299786
>Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Farm and shit. Probably make cider, lots of good apples up here.
>>
>>1300195
At least Sabaton honors you, Carolean.
>>
>>1299786
>~300 miles south of Lake Michigan
I guess I'd try to get into the fur trade, wander up towards the great lakes. I'm not too sure about my are around 1700
>>
>>1300282
Our accent is closer to those of our ancestors back then to what the Brits speak now.
>>
>>1301408
Probably would die of Philadelphia's classic malaria and/or yellow fever. Or smallpox.
>>
Australian, I guess it'ld all depend if I can become king of the natives as a white god or if they'ld kill me

If I was king I'ld unite the tribes and prepare them for james cook I guess
>>
>>1300522
who were shawnee with?
>>
>>1299786
>Iowa
Time to head to Wisconsin, my ancestors await
>>
>south Florida
>tropical heat
>mosquitoes everywhere
>no drinking water
>cannibalistic indians
>closest outpost of civilisation is in St. Augustine, 500 miles of alligator infested swampland North of here

Welp, I'm dead
>>
>>1299786
California before the Spanish was comfy as fuck. Unfortunately, later in my life I'd have to deal with the Spanish colonization which was pretty fucked up.
>>
>Virginia Beach, Virginia

Try to make my way out of the cypress swamp I'd wake up in and get to New Town over on the bay side of Norfolk. Maybe write for a living, my knowledge of post-1700 witticisms, turns of phrase, and the knowledge of what could be done with the modern English language could probably earn me a good bit of money as an author or newspaperman.
>>
>>1299786
>White man in Indian California

Wew, if i can somehow hitch it to New Spain I can use my rudimentary spanish skills and explain myself

More likely scenario is that I get kidnapped by injuns or die of heat stroke/exposure
>>
>Northern Utah in 1700

I'll give myself a 90% chance of death. My best bet would to travel north-northeast towards Montana and Canada whilst gathering furs to trade with the French.
>>
NYC

try not to get enslaved, buy land, try to find a closet case who is cute, figure out how I can not get killed for being effeminate and black.

oh and try and retain malagasy culture by spreading literacy amongst the, people forget outside of Virginia and Rhode Island Malagasy ended up there in droves
>>
>>1299786
>Missouri
I probably get killed by savages.
>>
Fall to death because the floor I'm on hasn't been built yet. :^)
>>
>>1301376
be my gf
>>
>>1299786

>Florida

Get covered in mosquito bites then eaten by gators when I try to take a bath in the lake
>>
>>1299786
>Hungary
Rejoice at recent liberation from Ottoman.

Complain about Hapsburgs the next day.
>>
>>1301608
By "prepare them", I hope you mean organize them all into a single location so you can get rid of every single on of them quickly instead of half-assing it like you did the first time.
>>
>>1301964
>Madagascan on /his/
Have you ever felt like going to /int/ and posting in a random thread just to cause a RARE FLAG shitstorm?
>>
>>1301997
Well if you want to think of it that way then in fact you would freeze to death in space because the Earth and the solar system were very far away then from where they are now.
>>
>Pacific Northwest
Try and find some natives and hope they take me in so I can die from an asthma attack surrounded by people instead of out in the woods. I'd probably be the first white guy they've ever seen, so they might enjoy the novelty.
>>
>>1299786
figure out something to do, probably farming, in which case I'd trek down south to try to become a (very small) small-time tobacco farmer, probably become and stay pretty poor but not completely suffering unless I get lucky.
>>
>Utah
Die.
>>
File: benedict-arnold-jpg.jpg (57 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
benedict-arnold-jpg.jpg
57 KB, 300x316
>>1302248
>sharing potentially dangerous crops to people
Shame on you. H-hold on I'm smoking a cig..

*inhales tobacco*

But yeah, this is pretty horrible, Anon.
>>
>>1302259
LMAO too good
>>
>>1299786
>England

I'd fuck as many English babes as possible.
>>
>>1299786
>British don't arrive for another 80 years
i suppose i try my best to prepare the locals to defend from the coming invaders. not much else to do.
>>
>Melbourne
Convince the local abos I'm some sort of large white god, bang all the local women (reluctantly) so when the British come they will be spooked by a group of light-skinned tall abos in the south.
If that doesn't work I'll probably get killed by local tribe
>>
File: 1460401514034.jpg (133 KB, 1710x840) Image search: [Google]
1460401514034.jpg
133 KB, 1710x840
Fuckin die to savages if I'm lucky, get mauled by a wild animal if I'm unlucky, kill myself due to the 95 degree 87% humidity heat if neither of the above happen within an hour.
>>
>British Columbia

Get eaten by natives or starve.
>>
>>1302310
Lel
>>
>>1299786
Start redpilling nobles to get rid of veto vote but will probably die quickly by some traitorous scum.
>>
>Eastern Virginia

Join up in revolutionary fervor after becoming influential and hang out with the founders. Meet Marquis de Lafayette and tell him he's based.
>>
>san diego, CA
Go to the local mission and serve God and the Spanish Crown. Literally my dream.
>>
>>1302459

Lel pretty much the same thing, also enjoy the beaches/California without the tourists and development ruining everything.
>>
>oahu, hawaii
probably get treated as a god, then get killed
>>
Southern california

Start ranch,fuck native bitches, fuck spanish bitches, fuck mixed bitches, get killed for adultery.

Lived a short but sweet life
>>
>Victorian coast, Australia
fuck. Hide out until the British show up and save me
>>
>Amersfoort, the Netherlands

Take a look at the big Medieval church before it exploded when used for gunpowder storage 100 years later.
Then move to Amsterdam and get a job with the V.O.C. (Dutch East Indies Company). I'd try to get posted to Ceylon as opposed to Batavia (Jakarta), that place was nicknamed "White Mans Graveyard" (Het Graf der Blanken) for a reason.
>>
>Florida
It wasn't until the 1880's that a Confederate general and his businessman partner founded the town, so I'll probably die in the wilderness from dehydration, hunger, or wild animals. If I do somehow make it to civilization, I'll have to pretend to be heterosexual and Catholic. I'd probably end up moving North to a British-controlled area because I barely know any Spanish, among other reasons.
>chances of survival are slim to none
>>
>New Zealand
Get eaten by Maoris
>>
>>1299786
>Austria
give them all knowledge i have and lead them to world domination
>>
>>1302606
Now that I think of it, I'll probably just die in the swampy wilderness. Even if I make it to civilization, I barely know any Spanish and will have no money to travel. I'll just steal all the rum I can and drink myself to death in Spanish-controlled Florida.
>>
>>1302622
>go back in time
>go to the town center
>shout that you bring knowledge from the future
>wave your arms around in weird gestures to describe helicopters and computers
>no one listens to the crazy guy in the center
>get mugged
>>
>>1302639
as if there was someone that stupid on earth

you have enough time to come up with that shit when you are walking to the capital for like 2 months

>maybe become clergy and do science (like mendel)
>marry a farmers doughter and start stock company out of small land but with contact and vitamin b
>start to work as black smith and after some time show them how to mass produce stell
>>
Wank.
>>
>>1302647
>>maybe become clergy and do science (like mendel)
I doubt anyone in this thread has any more mathematical knowledge or ways to prove their scientific knowledge than did the greatest thinkers of the time
>>marry a farmers doughter and start stock company out of small land but with contact and vitamin b
Alright sure that works
>>start to work as black smith and after some time show them how to mass produce stell
And where are you going to get the resources for that?
>>
Hah, not much of a change for me. Russian Empire x)
>>
>>1302654
> be me
>dooing a p.h.d. in mechatronics
>knowing a lot about biology and medicine because of interest (and learned that shit because i wanted to study medicine)

>a question of money
iron from the alps and coal from bohemia
>money earned from selling better technology etc.; maybe even stock exchange
>>
>>1299786
>Cambridge, England

Continue to study at my medieval centre of learning as if nothing has changed. The essays will be a bit tougher to write without my laptop but I'm sure I'll muddle on through.
>>
File: Moldova_tinuturi_1601-1718.jpg (833 KB, 1570x1154) Image search: [Google]
Moldova_tinuturi_1601-1718.jpg
833 KB, 1570x1154
>>1299786

That map is bullshit. The ottoman empire never fully conquered Moldova.

They tried in 1475, and they got their ass majorly beaten
>>
>>1299786
>Istanbul
Try to get in the palace with my poetry and get mad gold from the Sultan for just scribbling words on a paper
>>
>Australia
Ummm, wait another 88 years at camp cove for Captain Cook, probably trip out with some Aborigines along the way
>>
>tierra del fuego, Argentina

I just kill myself
There is no way to survive the cold as I do not have the natives skills
>>
>>1302682
almost every balkan folk i know claimed something like this lol why cant you all accept the fact you got dominated by the ottomans? shitty nationalist revisionist history wouldnt chage the fact that you were kebab for hundreds of year
>>
File: 5d6.jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5d6.jpg
28 KB, 600x600
>>1302736

>revisionist

Every country was dominated by one or another. England by France, Holland, Scotland by England, etc.

Moldova was dominated too (It's kings were elected by the consent of the Sultan until the 16th century, and then appointed directly by him starting with the 18th century) but it never lost it's independence.
>>
>>1299786
>Indiana
Wonder how the fuck native languages work and make a desperate rush east to find some people who actually speak English.
>>
>>1299786
Fuck I am in the Georgia penal colony...guess I will try to gerlt a job as a guard or something
>>
>>1299786
>Country victoria Australia
Pretty much head to the river i live near, hopefully meet some coons and they don't kill me. Try and educate them as best i can whilst living off roo and shagging abo biddies. Basically be European 100 years before the Europeans.
>>
>>1302672
You know you'd have to write in latin
>>
>South Carolina
>Biracial
Run for my fucking life
>>
>Madrid

Enjoy the last sweet moments of Habsburg Spain before descending into Borbonic chaos.
>>
>>1300163
>>>/diy/
>>
>>1299786
Flanders
use my basic grasp of chemistry and gunsmithing to make a living in the up comming wars
>>
southeast kentucky. cumberland area. 1700 it was home to cherokee.

So I may be killed...but I have some cherokee in me that is noticeable so maybe they would take me in.

Also white explorers were coming through so maybe I would be with one of them
>>
>>1299786
Only white man in oz?
I'm going to die
>>
>>1299786
>Bahrain

Drown
>>
take the boat to the americas, rape aztec women
>>
File: image.jpg (968 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
968 KB, 1600x1200
>sydney australia

Probably befriend local indigenous tribe... Learn basics of their language, have them teach me bush survival skills... Migrate up the east coast of australia until I reach the northern tip of the cap York peninsula.... Befriend local sea faring Torres Strait islands are persuade them to transport me in their bark canoes the short distance to umboi island on a cliff face overlooking the damper strait. Once there tend to a raging bonfire to attract the attention of William Dampier in HMS Roebuck as he traverses the strait in his aborted attempt to navigate the East coast of Australia. persuad him to take me back to the motherland where I receive an audience with Kng Charles II and amaze him with my stories of foreign lands and future times
>>
>>1303124
Your plan is brilliant and it is definately something I would love to try, but I would have to cross the blue mountains. Pains of living in rural NSW. I would maybe try and get in touch with the dutch east india company above Indonesia.
>>
found grand rapids MI, the only real grand city in all of america. all your lumber mill furniture factories will belong to us.
>>
>>1299786
>Ontario, Canada
There were still native settlements here right?
I'm South Asian so I'll just get shirtless and pretend I'm one of them, find a waifu and then accidentally sneeze on one of them, killing them all.
>>
>>1300195

Who's this supposed to be?
>>
>>1299786
>South Africa
get spear chucked
>>
>>1299786
Start telling the danes to fuck off.
>>
>Granada, Spain

I speak german, spanish, english and french, so i'd probably travel a lot and write about everything i see for future generations to know about, while teaching people on the way.
>>
>>1299786
get on that boat to the 13 colonies
>>
Carlisle pa. We were the edge of civilization then. Probably become a merchant & get rich selling supplies to the people working their way across western Pa & Ohio
>>
>>1299786
>Orlando, Florida
Get raped by swamp monsters, Seminole natives, and enjoy an orange or two
>>
>>1299786
>Oklahoma
Hopefully my green shirt with lemurs on it and my blue plaid pajamas will make the native think im a god cause im gonna need some help
>>
>>1299786
>Slightly West of Toronto
Found York 93 years earlier. Good thing I know French but I'm probably dying alone in nouvelle france. Either that or get fucked up by Mississauga/Iroquois/Wyandot...

If I can get a boat, I attempt to travel to quebec city via the st. lawrence since there's a french settlement there.
>>
>>1299786

How easy was migration from Europe to N.America?

Could just one buy a raft or a small ship and just sail there?
>>
>>1303451
food
healthy food so you don't die of scurvy.

In all likelihood you wouldn't make the trip alone. Try not to die f somone else's TB en route.
>>
> Moscow
At least it isn't the shit part of Russia. I could try to fit in somewhat. Wouldn't be easy, but shouldn't be a certain death.
>>
Helsinki, Finland.
Would take the first ship to Ã…bo and try to get into the university with all my modern education.
>>
>>1299786
>Netherlands
>Leiden

I'm fucked, best chance I got is going to Rotterdam and sneaking on a ship headed to the Middle East or Morocco.
>>
>>1299786
>Christian in post Vienna Ottoman empire

Well I'm fucked.
>>
File: texas tribes 1776map-lg.gif (57 KB, 595x600) Image search: [Google]
texas tribes 1776map-lg.gif
57 KB, 595x600
>Texas
Gettin' ready to get scalped.
>>
>>1302169
No I said retain Malagasy culture. I am "muh heritage" malagasy via Virginia not Malagasy-Malagasy.

Still it'd be interesting for sure from what I gather many Malagasy slaves and freed people assimilated into Shinnecock and Ramapough Mountain tribes. Like they did in Virginia.

Planning on going to Madagascar but trying to figure our where to go as a fag. I'll post on /int/ in about a year or two.
>>
>massachusetts
I'll probably just get comfy in whatever town I'm in, or go to Boston and get comfy there.
Maybe if I had prep time I would bring technological advancements but I dont know that shit off the top of my head.
>>
>>1299832
>year 1700
>Alamo happened in the 1830's

nigger get out
>>
File: Martim_Vaz.jpg (29 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
Martim_Vaz.jpg
29 KB, 500x226
>>1299786.
>Recife
I would walk for a few hours in the north, to the city, and try to get a job as a cashier or stevedore. Slowly try to build my life as a peddler. Who knows, in a few years, get a warehouse on Beach Street.
>>
>>1302757
Irrelevant, in essence. It was an Ottoman protectorate, not an independent state.
>>
>>1299786
>Norway
Be Denmarks b*tch and a farmer or fisher or something :/
>>
>spanish war of succession about to start
>I'm on the winning side

Considered that I'm more fit and healthy that anyone in that time and war is about to start, I would try to find a way to get a job and if I can't do so I would join the army to eat, I would try to remenber anything of the war I can so I try to avoid battles where enemy is vastly superior and would try to think of any improvement to weaponry of that age, after that I would try to remenber as much of science as I can, write it in a book and sell it, so my name goes down to history.
>>
>>1302757
>Leaders chosen by foreign nation
>Independent
Pick one
>>
>Michigan
An English Speaker surrounded by Natives and Frenchmen, I'm fucked.
>>
>>1304012
your reading comprehension is shit
>>
>Finland
Get drafted in the Swedish army, die at Poltava and get my whole family raped to death by russians
>>
>Toronto
Welp, I'm fucked, better try to get to Montreal somehow before I die of disease
>>
Edmonton, Alberta

I guess I'd find someplace nice to die
>>
>>1302769
Well, all you australians could also try to hike along the coast to the north for a few years.
There you can find malay fishers who interaxted with the natives sometimes and maybe convince them to take you to an archaic tropicak society that is at least medieval-tier.
>>
>>1299786
>Paris
fucking great
i start wearing the most fabulous wig i can find
>>
>>1304557
They would likely become slaves.
>>
>>1304458
Kek, I'm also from Edmonton, Alberta.

I'd see if I could convince Natives to help me portage to French Canada. You can come along, if you'd like.
>>
>London
>pay with indentured servitude to get a charter to the Colony of Virginia, where I work as a servant in Charleston or so, and eventually start a tobacco plantation
>>
Fight and die for Mother Bulgaria...
>>
>>1299786
>Minnesota
Learn french
>>
>>1301376
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>1299786
>Northern Illinois
Get the fuck out of there before the Beaver Wars start. I'd trade my smartphone and my multitool for a musket, gunpowder and shot, a simple knife, and some advice on building a canoe. I'd ten sail down the Mississippi and and try to work for passage on a passing ship to the English colonies.

All and all my plan sucks and I will probably die of dysentery or scalping.
>>
>>1300139
That's not how diseases work.
>>
>>1301449
>hunt
With what?
>>
>>1304854
Oh wait, I forgot about my torn meniscus. I can't even walk. Even if I fashion a crutch, I'm not going to be able hunt, make a fire, and move down the river with enough efficiency to survive.
>>
>>1299786
>Just outside Boston, MA.

Head into town, present myself as the son of some distant woodland farmhold wiped out by disease/injuns, use my "half" literacy (300 years removed from contemporary speaking & spelling) to land some sort of bookkeeping position.

Open brewery. Raise fine sons, die happy knowing my well-raised grandchildren will fight at Bunker Hill.
>>
File: seattle skyline lake union.jpg (109 KB, 750x229) Image search: [Google]
seattle skyline lake union.jpg
109 KB, 750x229
>>1299786
I try to make my way through Doug Fir old growth to Lake Washington, Elliot Bay, or Lake Union to link up with the Duwamish and ideally not get run the fuck out for being the most bizarre looking person they've ever seen.
>>
>>1299786
>seattle
live and fish with the local tribes, the tribes around here were pretty brotier
i'll probably stay with them for the rest of my life, i don't think the spanish would be able to offer a better life at this point even if i could contact them
>>
>copenhagen, denmark
proceed to drown in shit and hopefully not start a fire that will incinerate the whole city
>>
>>1304892
i imagine they would be pretty accepting unless you disrespected them, especially if you have survival skills
>>
File: oldtomprincessangelina.jpg (26 KB, 352x449) Image search: [Google]
oldtomprincessangelina.jpg
26 KB, 352x449
>>1304910
Yeah, the Western WA tribes would probably be significantly better than the Spanish. They were never particularly aggressive towards European encroachment save for the Puget War. I don't believe that the same can be said of the tribes on the other side of the Cascades.
>>
>>1300175
that's not how you spell freeze to death alone
>>
>>1299786
Try not to get scalped by either Utes or Navajos and head for Santa Fe as quickly as humanly possible since my state isn't anywhere near being populated by anything remotely civilized.
>>
>>1303331
Every Swedish soldier in the war.
>>
>London

Assuming I can keep everything on my person I impress some merchant with the calculator app on my phone and sell it to him for loads shortly before it's battery dies. Then I sail to America and build a ranch.
>>
Same as what OP said, BUT you get to bring an AR-15 with five full magazines and a humvee with a full tank and some backup fuel canisters.
What now?
>>
>>1304941
>sail to America
Why? Do you have a problem with cholera?
>>
>>1304012
Can you read?
>>
>>1300116
Holy fuck, anon. I'm from there, too.
>>
>>1300195
>I would do it all again
Are swedes stupid?
>>
>>1300153
I'd be more worried about the Catholic Church having you killed for Heresy.
>>
>chile
>tfw no cute mapuche sex slave
>tfw i'm basically part of peru
>tfw i'm alone in the end of the world
>>
>>1300195
Why is this so depressive but the thought of a roman legionnaire doing the same thing much more empowering? Is it because my country was and is an irrelevant backwater?
>>
>North Carolina
Fight natives I guess. I would try to make my way to the coast and get on a boat to europe.
>>
>NSW, Australia
Well, shit. I guess it's time to go bush and become an honorary blackfella. Other folks have said they'd try to wait it out until the British arrive or something like that, but I wouldn't bother. I'd just learn me some aboriginal art, find me a black qt and trip balls with the locals until I die at some undisclosed age.
>>
>>1305448
They'll probably just kill you. The men of the tribe have no reason to let you live to bone their women.
>>
>>1305457
Well I mean, they didn't really kill the English at first contact.
>>
>>1305463
The English didn't try to elbow their way into their tribe and bone their women. Also they had stuff to trade, and guns, and there were a lot of them.
>>
>>1299786
>be in a backwater middle-of-nowhere location in america

yuck
if I even survive in the wilderness i make my way to istanbul and work to overthrow the ottoman empire
>>
>>1305468
Well obviously I wouldn't just walk up to a tribe acting like High Shit and try to snatch one of their women to breed superior half-breeds instantly. I'd make contact at first, whether I find them or they find me first, show my peaceful intentions, try to diffuse any initial hostilities, and try to slowly gain their trust and acceptance over time. I'd learn their language, work with the tribe, partake in their rituals, etc. I mean it's not like I'd have much other choice, if I didn't try this I'd have to rely on my own survival skills (of which I have none), and would probably perish within a week.

Plus I still want that qt at some point.
>>
>>1305146
because the legions were more professional than your average backwater drafted farmhand and generally was a good career choice to support your family
>>
>>1305498
Yes because gaining their trust isn't going to take time which considering you admit you wouldent last a week alone.

Think you need to rethink that masterplan.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.