[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Latin >""""Empire""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: LatinEmpire.png (2 MB, 1715x848) Image search: [Google]
LatinEmpire.png
2 MB, 1715x848
>Latin
>""""Empire""""
>>
>"""Empire""" of Trebizond
>>
>>1290226
>seljuk sultanates
>"of Rum"
>>
>""""""Duchy"""""" of the >""""""Archipelago""""""
>>
>""""united"""" kingdom of great britain and ireland
>>
>>1290226
>"""""""""""""""""""""""Principality"""""""""""""""""""""""
>of """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Achaia""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""United Kingdom""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>’''''’'''''''''’'''''’'''''''''H'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''R''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''E''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
Would Nicaea have remained strong if they had not bothered to retake Constantinople, and instead focused entirely on Asia Minor?
>>
>Eastern """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Roman""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Empire
>>
>Ottoman >"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""empire"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" independent """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" state """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" of Croatia
>>
>"""""""""""""""Romania"""""""""""""""
>>
>"Former ""Yugo"""slav"" "Republic" of """"Macedonia""""
>>
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>>
Has /his/ memed too far?
>>
>has /his/ memed """"""""too far""""""""

We are just beginning, friend
>>
File: 1463471384052.jpg (83 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1463471384052.jpg
83 KB, 306x306
>>1290478
>he doesn't know how to reply
>>
>>1290508
It's a meta meme dude, you just got tricked

P.S. I know this comment is meta meta meme bait, so I'll acknowledge it now so you can't meme on me
>>
>>1290347

Short answer: yes.

They wouldn't have had the venetian jews eroding their economy one one side, and not having to deal with the slavs would probably help. BUT they wouldn't have the advantage of Constantinople so once the turks find a way in it's all over.

t. history almost-graduate who took only one class of byzantine history
>>
>>1290226

>Empire of Nicea
>Capital : Nicea

>Empire of Trezibond
>Capital : Trezibond

>Eastern Roman Empire
>Capital : Constantinople

>Latin Empire
>Capital : Constantinople

Your "empires" were merely separatists.
>>
>United
>States
>Mexico
>>
> Great
> Britain
>>
>Republic
>of
>China
>>
>>1290226
>"""""""""""""""Democratic"""""""""""""""
>"""""""""""""""People's"""""""""""""""
>"""""""""""""""Republic"""""""""""""""
>"""""""""""""""of Korea"""""""""""""""
>>
>>1290470
>Breaks 3 records and still loses

T-Thanks
>>
>>1290908

I'm pretty sure I took that same class. They had a window of opportunity to take out the Ottomans after the Seljuks implode, but that would kind of require prior knowledge.
>>
The Fourth Crusade was entirely justified.
>>
>>1294102
t. Enrico Dandolo
>>
>>1293385
They or other orthodox peoples could have crushed the Ottomans when Tamerlane crushed their empire with no survivors. The Ottomans were a clear threat by then so there's no "we didn't know" excuse.

Instead the orthodox peoples fought among themselves.
>>
>>1290226
they all either spoke a Latin dialect or a Latinized German
>>
>>1292383
they are still China though
>>
>>1290671
f-fug
>>
>>1294213
>Don't pay what you owe
>Surprised when they take what you owe them by force
>>
>>1294234

Lol I remember pretty clearly from the class that the Ottomans were besieging constantinople at the time, Timur's challenge to the Sultan, and his crushing victory were all seen as miracles.

Sure, they could have avoided all the civil wars, but really shit was already fucked by that point.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.