[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw you love debating ideas and philosophy but are too fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: sad-frog.jpg (13 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
13 KB, 227x222
>Tfw you love debating ideas and philosophy but are too fucking lazy to read every fucking philosophy book so you cant name the fucking Greek who first expressed the shit idea you want to express in the current debate
>Tfw the only board in 4chin to discuss philosophy loves to literally just namedrop philosophy authors as a way of discussion, they don't even express ideas they just "Platon" "Oh yes? HAHA SOCRATES!!, answer to this you bitch nigga" so can't participate

I just end up going to any other boards and start philosophy discussion as responses to random posts and have 15 min discussion until the other person realizes what im doing and stops posting

Anybody else here in the same situation?
>>
>>1289937
You don't discuss philosophy.
>>
>>1289943
I see your point, i discuss what philosophy discusses, still you are just jacking off to your encylopedic knowledge instead of engaging in discussion
>>
>>1289943
Yes you do you idiot Mongoloid
Stio pretending to be elitest and superior
>>
>>1289937
Just read some fucking books you whiney faggot. Oh boo hoo I want to be smart but i'm too lazy to learn. How retarded are you?
>>
>>1290365
I said "every"
Of course i read, i have read a lot of philosophy, but never went to philo uni so when you guys discuss by merely name-dropping and expecting everyone understands what that specific Greek faggot is known for i can't follow you without extreme amounts of wikipedia

Im pretty sure i would be able if you expressed the ideas instead of just naming the guy and assuming everybody is a philo major

Lets be honest, if an idea has been written 1000+ years ago is because million of persons naturally come to it by their own means
>>
>>1290405
>you guys discuss by merely name-dropping and expecting everyone understands what that specific Greek faggot is known for
This is so specific you must have had some kind of bad interaction in some dumb thread one day. Anyway, get over it. The reason why people just "name drop" like that is precisely because they don't really understand what they're referencing.
>>
>>1289937
This post reminds me of Anaxagoras of Clazomenae's Nousian impiety.
>>
>>1290405
(cont)
Thats the point of the thread

I once read i think Derrida or Foucault about how in the French thingies of 68' people would just stand up and say "Robespierre" and other would stand up and name another french faggot as a response and everyone would mumble "oh yes, he is right oh oh oh oh baguette" and how they would communicate just by name-dropping and every other intellectual would immediately understand but they were leaving behind a lot of people who didn't have that encyclopedic knowledge of french thinking.

Like if they would just fucking say "hey i think that A" the discussion would be open to a whole wider range of people that could think logically but weren't academics, yet their elitism ended up fugging them in the ass
>>
>>1290424
>Anaxagoras of Clazomenae's
PERICLES

FIGHT ME FAGGET
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.