[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't people admit that the humanities are obsolete?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15
File: 1465544517786.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
1465544517786.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1412
Why can't people admit that the humanities are obsolete?
>>
>>1283558
How can the humanities be obsolete if humans still exist?
>>
>>1283566
The ultimate goal of a technologically advanced society is to make humans vestigial.
>>
Outdated =! Obsolete
>>
>>1283603
I agree. Both words are applicable in this case.
>>
>>1283558
Anthropology started as a promising field back in the day when they did skull measurements and stuff. Then crooked lefties took over and now it's literally synonymous with pseudoscience.
>>
>>1283586
says you
>>
>>1283637
I'm sorry, is there some other goal that mankind has been working towards?
>>
>>1283558
>why did we hold on to what makes us human?

I'd be the first to fuck a sexbot but come on dude, the humanities are not obsolete.
>>
>>1283641
An easier living. Even if we automate every aspect of labor people will still want a job if it's enjoyable or fulfilling
>>
>>1283641
No, there are no goals that mankind is working towards

Case in point: We don't agree about them
>>
File: 1443207920535.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1443207920535.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>1283558
>humanities
>obsolete
this fucking meme
>>
>>1283641
>humanity
>goals

K E K

Summer sure is hot this year
>>
>>1283655
Maybe not consciously, but it's hard to deny the direction that society is moving in.
>>1283648
>>1283654
>>1283658
Excellent arguments. Well done.
>>
>>1283661
>it's hard to deny the direction that society is moving in

Every fucking where

You think history is a linear path?
>>
>>1283666
History, no, but there exists only one global society now.
>>
>>1283670
>only one global society

I'd like to see you prove this
>>
File: 1461304176016.jpg (2 MB, 693x10000) Image search: [Google]
1461304176016.jpg
2 MB, 693x10000
>feminists will never allow us to create robot girls like this
why even live
>>
>>1283637
Humanities cannot be applied in any capacity. It follows directly that they have no use. Not sure why this is a discussion at all.
>>
>>1283679
>implying Japan gives 2 shit about feminists
>>
>>1283679
>I want to rape robots
You're why God doesn't talk to us anymore. Thanks for putting us on the cosmic sex offender registry you waifu fuck.
>>
>>1283690
Robots can't be raped tumbler
>>
File: 37.jpg (14 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
14 KB, 500x321
>>1283688
Are you serious?

Modern social cohesion is totally derived from Antique, Medieval Catholic, and Enlightenment philosophers. The very way you think socially was literally dictated by ideals from hundreds of years ago. If you really want to see the impact that philosophy can make on a society, just look at the difference between Western societies and Chinese society.
>>
>>1283720
Alright, point taken, but I still fail to see how that information can ever be applied in a practical sense.
>>
>>1283641
>is there some other goal that mankind has been working towards?
Yes, you'd know this if you studied the humanities.
>>
>>1283720
That only affects the elite thinkers. Movement are done by the masses.
>>
>>1283679
>feminists will never allow
You ever notice that at their core, people who bitch about feminism implicitly admit that they let women control their lives?
>>
>>1283731
>the masses
Meanwhile, even a pleb like you can't form thoughts outside of the French Revolutionary tradition.
>>
>>1283727
If a group of people thinks a certain way, or shares certain ideals, they'll value some methods of cohesion over others. Communities work in different ways. These can involve respecting or neglecting ideas as to the sciences and mathematics, or the method of the governance of a state or even the definition of the state. The level of impact thought can have on a human society is enormous, and it's all a matter of what it means to "get it right".
>>
>>1283661
>Excellent arguments. Well done.
You actually want people to put effort in when replying to this retard tier bait thread?

No.
>>
>>1283748
Not really my point, are you triggered?
>>
>>1283558
Are you referring to the classic liberal arts??

They will never be obsolete.

When I watch films with younger friends, they are always amazed at the classic mythology that defines their entertainment.

Which I tell them about.

Without someone passing on this knowledge, future generations would wander through an empty eternal now.

Give youth a foundation to build on.
They like knowing that previous generations pondered the same sort of problems .
>>
>>1283850
Do they pay you for this? Does this knowledge allow you to do meaningful work? Does this contribute to society in some way? No? Then why do you bring it up?
>>
>>1283859
>Does this venerate God?
>Y/N

NO DANCING OR PLAYS OR FUN EVER
>>
>>1283859
>utilitarianism
>>
File: 1237540813584.jpg (14 KB, 147x150) Image search: [Google]
1237540813584.jpg
14 KB, 147x150
>>1283859
>babbys first socio-philosophical argument
>>
>>1284213
Look around you. Society is expressly utilitarian. Typing the word in green does nothing to change that.
>>
>>1284252
And that's why western societies are in full support of torture.
>>
>>1283586
The hardest things for technology to emulate are those things learned and practiced in the humanities.
>>
>>1284252
>humanities is good for changing society
>we don't need humanities because society is bad
>>
I love Latin. It's like a link to the past. It's amazing that people who lived thousands of years ago were the same as they are today.

Culture is more important than science. It's what holds everyone together. I think it's important to understand western civilization
>>
>>1283558
Humanities aren't obsolete they've often just been downgraded to the point where there is no real analysis and effort in many schools and self education isn't much of a thing anymore.

When a student is forced to take Philosophy 100 (basically middle school level philosophy) it does nothing but give the student a free A, a pat on the ass, and they walk away learning nothing.

If you want to argue utilitarianism yeah humanities can often be SOL but I've often found that helping to steer society or change the outlook of others isn't done on a global scale but one person at a time.
>>
>>1283558
>humanities are obsolete
>posts a goofy "LeL sO fUtUrIsTiC" anime fedora image

kek go away
>>
>>1284368
Even if there were some kind of analysis, how would that elevate their usefulness?
>>
>>1283661
>Excellent arguments.
>says the guy who provided no arguments
>>
>>1283679
Pathetic.
>>
>>1284580
Define useful
>>
File: 1450969382842.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450969382842.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>1283558
>this post
>that pic
>this entire thread
You may be a /sci/fag op but you're about as intelligent as females who only majored in english because that's what all their friends did
>>
>>1284621
For instance, nobody is going to pay you to bloviate as you've been doing in this thread.
>>
>>1284627
You sound like you're still paying off some college debt.
>>
A lot of otherwise unemployable folk depend on it like lampreys,
>>
>>1284580
>>1284368
>>1283727
>>1283688
>>1283558
>if something does not have an immediate, material, "practical" application then it is useless
Autism goes in /pol/ and /r9k/ and muh science shitposting goes in /sci/; take your pick
>>
>>1284630
>ignore genuine points
>y-you're just writing fancy!

STEMfags truly are the obnoxious cancer of this board
>>
>>1284632
No actually. Uni in my country is pretty cheap (UK), my parents are wealthy, and I'm doing applied math.
>>
>>1284630
>nobody is going to pay you
>pay you
>pay
How does it feel being a common slave to your desires of material wealth?
>>
there will always be a place for textual analysis as long as text exists. it's not obsolete
>>
>>1283727
Do you just hate... living? Like, seriously anon do you want the whole world to just exist to work and produce some kind of physical product?

We're not robots, there has to be a study of human behavior and thinking if we want to carry on as a species without falling into anarchy or becoming mindless working husks.
>>
The argument of STEM plebs is that science brings "progress". But, What is progress?

I'm not rejecting the tecnological advancement as a fundamental factor for civilization. The thing that piss me off is the absolute reductionist view of STEM plebs, what a fucking simpletones. How can you explain human rights, democracy, ethics, will to live from a pure scientific point?

Science also needs a philosophical basis in order to work properly and a good scientist would recognize the limitations of his art.

In this decadent era, humanities have been descarted by the global market, science (applied without a integral vision of the world) is its new tool.

Good job STEM fanboys, you are building a world of human robots and you are killing thinking humans.
>>
File: 1451769320119.png (360 KB, 948x468) Image search: [Google]
1451769320119.png
360 KB, 948x468
>>1286107
>what a fucking simpletones
>STEMfag falseflagging as an illiterate humanitiesfag
>>
>>1286293
You discovered me nigga.
>>
Science is a part of natural philosophy, saying that the whole need to be abolished because of its part is nonsensical.
Are you not even aware of the foundations of empiricism in western philosophy?
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 520x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 520x437
>implying humanity has goals

Haha. Your average American family can't agree on dinner. Goals of humanity. Hahahha
>>
>>1286554
what do modern philosophers contribute?

sure it helped steer science in its infancy but all of the philosophy worth a shit in the past 50 years has been the meta-theorizing done by scientists on the side.
>>
>>1283739
That's why they're so afraid of it.
>>
Humanities will exist as long as humans exist.

[spoiler]that is, probably not beyond the 21st century: see technological singularity[/spoiler]
>>
>>1286823
thank god that spoilering is allowed on the history board. i don't want to know who won ww2 just yet. but soon i'm going to binge read all my history books.
>>
>>1286847
welcome, newfriend.
>>
>>1283558
Same reason you can't admit that people hold different views from you i suppose.
>>
Because I don't want any fuckwit like Neil Degrasse Tyson or god forbid RICHARD DAWKINS becoming a leader of a country
Scientists, Stem people can be tolerable when they stick to their field but once they actually try to dabble into matters of worldly importance they show just how truly fucking stupid stem people are.
>>
>>1284644
OP is a true last man.
>>
File: advanced.gif (689 KB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
advanced.gif
689 KB, 350x272
>>1284643
>applied
>>
>>1283603
Underrated post.

I think that the internet has made information explode to a point where you learn all you need to learn from the humanities by just being exposed to media. Its not that the humanities are obsolete, its that teaching them in institutions as much as we do right now does not make much sense anymore.
>>
>>1283688

How then solve inherently human problems like crime etc.?
Also people like to be occupied and enjoy things like art and literature, you can't build a machine for those sorts of things?
Have people like you never wondered what makes us human? What it is to live and be happy? How people should treat one another?

A world were all necessities to sustain life are produced but there is an absence of culture of any sort would be an utter hell to live in.

Some things can't be produced or emulated by machines.
>>
Is the field of Law a part of humanities? If so, are you sure you dont want lawyers, judges, and other legal experts to exist?
>>
>>1283670
>exists only one global society now
Is this a joke? We have villagers in China that barely have knowledge of what happens in China, even less so on the outside world.
If you think the world has reached a "global society" you really need to travel the world a bit and aquire some knowledge of life outside your first world comfort bubble.
>>
>>1283586
>>1283641
Very few humans explicitly want to reach posthumanity (beyond groups like Yudkowskyian rationalists) and those humans are not the ones in charge. (The emphasis on equality in the Western world today is a sign of that. Allowing those who can afford it to live forever and transcend humanity will create the ultimate inequality.) Human obsolescence is an end towards which humanity's machines and systems ("capital") has been propelling it but you should not mistake it for a "goal" because capital, like evolution, is non-teleological (see http://www.xenosystems.net/teleology-and-camouflage/); it's human perception that sees either as such.
>>
>>1283558
How are they obsolete? Can we stop this meme lease?
>>
>>1289339
>god forbid RICHARD DAWKINS
Yeah. How Dawkins Got Pwned really drives the point home about the dangers of an intelligent man not understanding the intellectual tradition within which he (unwittingly) operates.
>>
Because we still want to believe we are humans
>>
>>1283679
>there are people thinking this is on the same level as western art and literature
>>
File: 1461525264399.png (73 KB, 731x529) Image search: [Google]
1461525264399.png
73 KB, 731x529
>>1291602
>there are people who think this isn't superior to western art and literature
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>1283727
>>
>>1283859

Ayn Rand retard pls go
>>
>>1289642
You're on /his/ for god's sake. And you're really saying people know enough about history and philosophy from youtube, television, and wikipedia?
>>
>>1292248
kek
>>
>>1292846
Yes.
>>
>>1286704
Real philosophers are the rarest kind of human
Its not like science which can be done by any autist, woman or englishman, which is why its done so slowly
>>
>>1292846
As a starting point, you funny little elitist, you.

People should be able to discuss on any terms, at any point of their development in the field, and expect to be answered in a way that is conductive to their learning. That is the point of discussion after all, isnt it? To convey ideas?

What's the point if it's stagnancy and we're all enjoying the smell our own farts. If you want quality, then why did you waste a post complaining instead of contributing?
>>
>>1291294
>Allowing those who can afford it to live forever and transcend humanity will create the ultimate inequality.

Immortality will be for everyone. Imagine people repaying the debt they took to get the immortality operation... FOREVER!
>>
>>1283558
Any other STEMfag out there thinking humanities are a necessity?
>>
>>1283566
Because you have to pay thousands to learn them

checkmate?
>>
>>1283641
>I'm sorry, is there some other goal that mankind has been working towards?
The only goal a species has is survival. And to have its DNA live on.
>>
>>1293430
Sounds like a cool premise to a dystopian novel.
>>
>>1293430
>>1293456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdadZ_KrZVw
>>
>>1293456
Hang on, I'm gonna write this down.
>>
>>1293430
>Imagine people repaying the debt they took to get the immortality operation... FOREVER!
Could be worse. Kind of. http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/05/28/book-review-age-of-em/
>>
>>1293456
>>1293463
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nRSRWbAqtC48rPv5NG6kzggL3HXSJ1O93jFn3fgu0Rs
>>
>>1293441

Certainly.
Through advancements in science many new philosophical problems will be opened and maybe answers to old questions of which barely any have been answered will be found.
I do not think that humanities ever were useless, it is just that they tend to devolve into semantic circlejerks and idealistical wankery dejected from reality. Humanity is stagnating hard in our times, there are no big reforms going on, hopefully this will change soon.
>>
>>1293441
Yes, you need to study them at least to acquire a data that you can process mathematically. Like if you even could invent historical equations without humanitarian data you would struggle to apply all of them to something real. This would right even if you disregard all merits whatsoever of humanities.
>>
>>1283558
Why can't people admit that anime is shit?
>>
>>1293809
It is literally the best of modern art styles that are practiced an masse. What is your alternative? To follow a tumblr artists or autists from deviant art?
>>
>>1293816
Not to follow blown-out-of-proportions exaggerated media that can barely tell a story especially with a pretty big language barrier and with repetitive themes all around, and that's just the "quality" anime, I'm excluding all the ecchi/moe-blob/harem crap
>>
>>1293832

You are making assumptions of a medium as a whole by presenting its worst representations, which can safely be ignored and actually think that your statement has any weight to it.

TL:DR: you are fucking retarded and I feel sorry for you if you actually think that what you wrote is an argument.
>>
>>1293816
>art-style
It's basically a japanese fantasy on how they wished they were
>small chinky eyes
Big exaggerated eyes
>unattractive characteristics
Attractive characteristics
>asian pigmented skin
White skin
>mostly black hair
White/Blond/Brown etc hair

The whole anime "artstyle" is basically Japanese penis envy

And while you might enjoy it (everyone has their own preferences)
You can't just go ahead and call it a "masterpiece"
>>
>>1293832
> pretty big language barrier
Seriously? It is like criticizing German philosophy from not being able to learn German. Completely retarded criticism from your side.
>>
>>1293850
>medium as a whole
That whole medium being: Little cute girls, Trying to be as edgy as possible, exaggerated fetishism, overtly sad story reserved only for women, shonen retardation, mostly sexual comedy (or comedy about a character not knowing about sexual themes) and/or childish comedy in general

tl;dr I hurt your little weeb feefees

>>1293861
The difference being German and English are both Germanic languages that share a history, whereas Japanese (being an Altaic language) delivers a story differently, not in a way that westerners can completely underestand, and while it's not necessary to understand Japanese to understand a Japanese medium, you can note the difference between a Japanese story and a Western story, and language plays a huge part in it
>>
>>1293854
Your problem is that anime depicts attractive white people? I hardly can see anything wrong with that.
>>
>>1293854
> You can't just go ahead and call it a "masterpiece"
Who exactly done that? There is a difference between "masterpiece" and not being a shit.
>>
>>1293878
No
It's just that it depicts the envy that Japanese people have due to their unattractiveness as a people and that's pretty shallow
>>
>>1286107
>will to live from a pure scientific point
very easily
a desire for continued existence drastically increases fitness and therefor would be positively selected for
>>
>>1293884
>>1293816
>It is literally the best of modern art styles that are practiced an masse
>>
>>1293867
> I hurt your little weeb feefees
There is nothing wrong with anything that in your list. How that could hurts anybody is beyond me.
>>
>>1293889
>There's nothing wrong with repetitive themes that shows the complete unoriginality and what makes anime marketable in contrast to an actual story that took more than 2 hours to think of
>>
File: Necro More.jpg (96 KB, 620x470) Image search: [Google]
Necro More.jpg
96 KB, 620x470
>>1293867
> not in a way that westerners can completely underestand
You embarrassing yourself here. Did you really confessed that you can't understand the childish comedy and stories about cute little girls? Like a stories that even a middle schoolers could follow without any trouble? Maybe you are implying that you can't understand the story completely if such story different from typical western patterns of the storytelling and wasn't relying on the conventions that you would like to blindly follow? You literally can learn about language and another cultures if that such a big trouble for you. Which shouldn't even be a trouble at the first place in the fucking visual medium. It isn't like we dealing with some obscure philosophical book of Japanese authors here that are rely upon subtle nuanced of shinto believes or something like that.
>>
>>1293897
> shows the complete unoriginality
Anime is most original medium here is if you exclude books in broad sense. Like generic pop fantasy or another Holywood remake of sequel would be so much better for you?
>>
>>1293888
Best doesn't means perfect, anon.
>>
>>1293412
Not sure what the hell you're on about. It seemed to me you suggested that teaching humanities courses was pointless due to our access to the internet these days. My point is that while it can be a useful starting point, it hardly gives most people the complete picture. Not sure what university you go to that the professor won't answer your questions.
>>
>>1293854
who are you quoting
>>
>>1293932
It's just a kneejerk to exclusionary bullshit. I wasn't the guy you're talking about, I just jumped on cause it's what I saw in your post.
>>
>>1293854
WE WUZ ANIME
>>
That's a funny thing to say.
Language and linguistics is part of humanities.
History is part of humanities.

Both are essential to have a really educated and functioning cultured person, otherwise you have someone who may be the best surgeon in the world (excellent thing in his field and for society) and a moron when debating politics and events (which is a very bad thing for society overall).
Someone who doesn't know history is literally a illiterate person concerning having an opinion in political and cultural matters.
Plus, knowing even superficially philosophy makes you understand literally how human societies work which makes you way more intelligent than normal.
Art in all its forms is what makes the world more beautiful and so on.
>>
File: 3d anime.jpg (235 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
3d anime.jpg
235 KB, 1024x1536
>>1293854
>>1296133
It's generally accepted fact that anime character design is closer to europeans than to asians.
>>
lol this board is trash
>>
>>1296241
>a fact
>that something
>looks like something

>all anime is one style
>that style looks like X!

Confirmed for sentimental moron who can't distinguish their own wishful thinking from abstractions of human form.
>>
>>1289642
go take a decent professor at university and tell me if you learn equal to or more from a youtube series... greatest thing I ever did was get mind fucked by an old man in WW1 class.
>>
>>1296252
Realistic anime character design takes like 10% of all anime designs. The remaining 90% are europoid/caucasoid.
>>
>>1296241
it's generally accepted by cultureless white nerds trying to steal credit for a superior form of entertainment than shitty western TV/film
>>
>>1296262
>europoid/caucasoid

One of the most nefarious aspects of /pol/ and /int/ has been this insufferable pseudo-scientific racialist jargon that's become popular with internet academics like you. Fuck off, the mostly featureless faces of anime characters are not intended to accurately portray any one ethnic group in particular. Foreign characters are commonly identified more by name and hair color rather than looking in anyway distinguishable from the rest of the Japanese cast. You're talking complete shit.
>>
>>1293441
I agree. I feel that every human should have some sort of sense of ontology, epistemology, and ethics. I think these things are best manifest in the humanities.
>>
>>1283631
>Lefties are pseudoscience
>Right Wingers still literally believe in Creation
Okay Anon...I think you should just go back to bed.
>>
>>1296260
The reason I say this is because I saw a bunch of Yale classes on YouTube. The class on ancient Greece in particular is amazing by the way.

My point is that the way we teach it and the curriculum of the university is not adding that much value any more. Yes these fields of study should be available, yes people should have some exposure to different aspects of the human experience. I just don't think the way these fields of study are delivered and prioritized is working anymore.
>>
>>1296603
I don't know my man this just seems like vague sentiment. Why do you think this doesn't have value in the context of a university? What do you think the role of a university should be then? How is it not "working anymore"?
>>
File: 1428266739802.jpg (13 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
1428266739802.jpg
13 KB, 282x300
>>1283679
dat autism
>>
>>1296615
You are right that I am vague, that is because I am speaking directly form my own experience. I learned more about history, anthropology, philosophy, arts, etc. form my own studies than from university. It was not the university's fault, I was on a STEM track.

I think the reason for my opinion is due to the fact that university is getting more and more expensive, so it needs to justify its existence. Sadly that means that STEM gets a sort of social priority. However I think that the knowledge and wisdom in the humanities should be in the hearts and minds of everyone. STEM tells you how to do things, never why.
>>
>>1296756
Hypothetically, couldn't you learn programming and math online too? It seems like the humanities is unfairly targeted with this sort of thing.

I definitely agree that with the rising cost of school these days a healthy consideration needs to be given towards financial viability if you're taking out loans, but I think that has more to do with unrealistic student expectations than the way universities are teaching.

If you get an art history degree you should expect to work in academia, a gallery, or as a writer for a website/magazine. And you probably won't ever make a terrible amount of money. Some people are ok with that. The problem arises when these students get out of school without a plan and try to enter the private sector. Unfortunately there are no philosophy factories.
>>
>>1283739

>feminism implicitly admit that they let women control their lives?ยจ

Feminist ideology, and the application of it is enforced by the government: that is to stay it is enforced with violence and the law enforcement if necessary.

If you disagree with any aspect of society - your argument applies to you as well.
>>
>>1296772
You are right, you can learn anything by yourself. I think some people just need structure like a school to learn stuff and the university already has a model that works for that, so lots of people follow the university model to get skills. I don't think that humanities should or are being targeted persay, but there is more demand for skills and education from people who see university as a skill and education factory and money talks. If I were a University Dean of some sort I would be able to see this phenomenon and would have to act on it.

Sadly leaving the humanities as an option in university has some very negative unintended consequences. If I were a poor first generation university student, getting into the humanities would be economic suicide. I would have no skills, and because I have no connection no way to weasel my way into the cozy jobs. I am technically a second generation college student, but I come from a less developed country and my father worked in a factory despite having a college degree.

I think the market for people with degrees in humanities is saturated. Academia is pushing salaries lower and lower, people with less and less tenure. A lot of these are positions for the people with humanities degrees have also become extremely political as well. Journalism is almost dead, all the current news outlets are demonstrably propaganda machines for their owners/patrons. Art galleries look more like markets for social favors for the rich, the art galleries are littered with the children of rich people. The only profitable tracks I see left are those that make you a teacher or building some sort of business with what you learn in the humanities.

I think the humanities degree programs should have some warning before people take the plunge...or we can socialize the education so everyone can have it.
>>
>>1283859
>Do they pay you for this?
Do people pay you to go see movies? No? I'm pretty sure a lot of people derive pleasure from things that don't have a monetary benefit to them.

>Does this knowledge allow you to do meaningful work?
It allows you to engage critically with society and the world, and lets you accurately recognise the trends and ideals that currently dominate them. This knowledge gives you greater ability to effectively engage with the world to produce desired change, as you are basing your methods off an intuitive understanding of human motivations and relationships over surface-level ideas of "practicality."

>Does this contribute to society in some way? No? Then why do you bring it up?
See above.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.