[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World War One Peace Settlement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Versailles.jpg (112 KB, 489x425) Image search: [Google]
Versailles.jpg
112 KB, 489x425
It's 1918. The Central Powers are defeated. What is the best solution going forward to ensure stability in Europe? Armed with hindsight regarding the Treaty of Versailles and what followed, what would you do differently? Points of interest include war reparations, colonial holdings, international organization, and redrawing the borders of Europe.
>>
Be ready to enforce the treaty, don't let French butthurt dictate anything.
>>
>>1282813
No Frenchfags allowed, then a reasonable conclusion can probably be reached.
>>
break germany into four states

break france into four states
>>
Stop with these retarded alt history threads
>>
Massacre all of Germany for being such evil bastards
>>
>>1282813
>Germany keeps colonies but pays war rep, can no long keep a navy
>Britian and France enforce Sudentenland DMZ
>USA gets dibs on reconstruction efforts
>Austria-Hungary dissolved, pays war rep
>Balkans reorganized, unmannexed, encouraged to form a coalition
>Ottomans pay war rep, dissolve, Instanbul goes to Russia
>Russia can have influence over the Balkans and the Black Sea
>Japs get paid
>Italy gets Syria
>No League of Nations
>>
>>1283094
>can no long keep a navy
Bad idea, military reduction was one of the things that pissed off Germans the most.

On a side note, has anyone else ever wondered why Bismarck didn't force France to shrink their armed forces or be divided for losing? I mean really where do the French get off thinking Germany should be made into a French colony when they just had to give up a small province, which was pretty lucky considering how bad they lost.
>>
>>1283113
I had that reduction in mind because you gotta keep the Brits happy, but not de-dick the Germans. I figure anything more serious would led to what already happened
>>
First thing I'd do is set a course of action so that /his/ is never made so I never have to read cringe alt-history threads.
>>
>>1283113
Machiavelli said it was best to treat losers gently or harshly to end conflict, he never encountered a frog. Seriously ww1 lasted 3 more years than necessary because they refused to settle for less than Elsaß-Lothringen despite they being the occupied party. In hindsight the krauts should have just given it to them so they could annex all of eastern russia
>>
Raze Germany from the face of the fucking planet
>>
>>1283465
Go away Merkel
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.