[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sikhism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Educate me on this obscure religion.
>>
>>1282276
Magnificent beards
>>
>>1282283
This is true.
>>
Do Sikhs believe in reincarnation?

Do Sikhs believe in many realms, as do Buddhists/Hindus? For example, do they believe in the Hell-realms and in the Heaven-realms populated by devas and minor gods?

Or, do the believe reincarnation is confined to the human world?
>>
>Do Sikhs believe in reincarnation?

In so far as a man does not curb his ego and attempt to become one with God, understanding that this may never happen but trying nonetheless. In such a way you achieve liberation from the endless cycle of life and death.

>Do Sikhs believe in many realms, as do Buddhists/Hindus? For example, do they believe in the Hell-realms and in the Heaven-realms populated by devas and minor gods?

There is only one God. One living realm. Death is unknown to humans as we can only comprehend life, but it doesn't hurt to try to understand what lies beyond the void. Just life your life to the best you can. That's all you can do.

>do the believe reincarnation is confined to the human world?

I mean technically everything gets reincarnated one way or another(ashes to ashes dust to dust) but every living thing should be treated with respect.
>>
>>1282276
I believe it's a syncretism between Islam and Hinduism and is practiced mainly on the Indian subcontinent. They also are often the ones you see in public wearing turbans. Muslims and hindus generally do not wear turbans anymore.
>>
>>1282276
>obscure
>>
File: toaster_are_you_serious.jpg (57 KB, 628x480) Image search: [Google]
toaster_are_you_serious.jpg
57 KB, 628x480
>>1282329
I'm not asking for a mystical bullshit lecture, I'm just asking for facts.
>>
>>1282276
B R O T I E R
R
O
T
I
E
R
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.