[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 16
File: panda.jpg (235 KB, 1728x1152) Image search: [Google]
panda.jpg
235 KB, 1728x1152
Is GoT really faithful to the time period it is supposed to be potraying
Pic unrelated
>>
>GoT
>Being anywhere historically accurate
Summerfag alert
>>
>>1279832
Fucking this. I hate how the masses just asume because they look medieval enough they are anyway historical
>>
>>1279832
>>1279827
I really hope that you're being facetious, otherwise you're mentally impaired.
>>
>>1279835
To add on to the fact that there isn't even any internal consistency. Renly is somehow able to field a fucking army of 100,000 men and feed them too.
>>
>>1279837
Not an argument. Tell me how in anyway Got is historically accurate
>>
>>1279845
>>1279841
>>1279837
>>1279835
>>1279832
You all seem a bit anally annihilated
>>
>>1279845
It isn't historically accurate, nor inaccurate; it isn't historical at all, idiot; it is a fucking work of fiction.
>>
This also brings up the question... how does farming work with such sparatic seasons? How do calendars work too?
>>
>>1279850
A work of fiction based on the time period during the War of the Roses. Who is the fucking retard again. When will summer be over
>>
>>1279853
A lunar calendar could kinda work, but how would they track years since it might be decades in between seasons. Years that long would kinda be irrelevant and a smaller division based off another celestial body would need to be worked out, constellations maybe?
>>
>>1279865
Constellations themselves take years to complete a cycle maybe a comet that passes by every so often (months, year and a half etc) could be something they use to keep track of everything
>>
>>1279857

It isn't based on that period; the story only partially takes inspiration from that. It is in no way supposed to depict, or represent any historical event, or place.
>>
A point another anon made was how farming could work, but more importantly how could a war like the one seen in the show even take place? With the long winters being such a staple of Westerosi life you'd imagine that in their history a war would have broken out during or near winter which could be an example for future Westerosi to learn from
>>
>>1279857

You need to learn the difference between "inspired by" and "based on"
>>
It's not portraying any time period and isn't trying to be historically accurate. It's complete fiction that happens to be inspired by medieval themes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbaslypgyWk
The fat fuck has gone on to constantly spew out how GoT is based off the War of the Roses in medieval England. You can draw several comparisons like this on the surface,but as you dig deeper they fall apart. This doesn't change what the author, glutton he may be, says he bases his "novels" off of (if he you can even call it that as it is more glorified fanfiction of the past that has all the bad parts grossly exaggerated to caricatures and all the good parts rendered obsolete and non-existent)
>>
>>1279886
>>1279882
He is inspired by the time period thus he is trying to make a story that reflects life during said era. The other anon you are arguing with is kinda autistic in his hate of GoT, but I have to agree with him on this point.
>>
File: hand.jpg (55 KB, 490x703) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
55 KB, 490x703
>>1279848
>ask a dumb question
>get called a retard
>respond with LOL U MAD!!!
>>
File: Werner-Herzog.jpg (173 KB, 800x428) Image search: [Google]
Werner-Herzog.jpg
173 KB, 800x428
>There are persons who believe that Game of Thrones is based on historical events.

How stupid can people actually be and still function in the world?
>>
>>1279857
the war of the roses is only one of the historical events it takes inspiration from, there are a lot of historical parallels to the anarchy, the mongol conquests, the roman empire, the italian wars, and many other historical events
>>
>GoT
>historical

Yes, it's perfectly historical to the FICTIONAL UNIVERSE IT EXISTS IN.

Everyone ITT is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1279892
How is my question dumb? I was taught by my parents that even if you don't agree with a question, when asked don't be a dick about it and go on your own agenda, but instead answer it respectfully and politely without patronizing the person you are addressing.If you can't do that, don't bother answering the question and if you can't help yourself don't be mad when someone else does that to you whenever you are genuinely curious about a topic.
>>
>>1279905
a fine sentiment but there are limits, like your question for example
>>
>>1279905
Anon's parents also taught him to be a retarded, autistic faggot. Wow now I finally know why you are a failure
>>
>falling for the newest pasta

wew
>>
>>1279891
He is not trying to accurately reflect that time period. He simply draws inspiration from it.
>>
>>1279910
What's wrong with my question? If everyone was to not be a smug asshole and answer it, I may revise it
>>
>>1279919
IF HE IS DRAWING INSPIRATION FROM IT HE HAS TO MAKE WHAT HE TAKES ACCURATE TO HOW IT WAS IN REAL LIFE. FUCK ITS LIKE THIS SHIT IS BAIT OR SOMETHING
>>
>>1279926
Except you're the one baiting, retard.
>>
>>1279920
Your whole question is wrong and how you need to have everything explained to you like a child, I don't think you belong here.
Try these kid friendly sites:
r/4chan
r/autists
r/explainlikeimfive
>>
File: b.png (103 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
b.png
103 KB, 420x420
>>1279930
Oh wise one, teach me how to successfully bait as I have no knowledge and am still but a novice. Come on try harder than that
>>
File: 47974.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
47974.jpg
444 KB, 1920x1080
>>1279926
No, it doesn't have to be accurate. I'm an artist. I look at the things for inspiration all the time. I can look at a medieval knight and that could inspire me to draw a fantastical knight that looks incredibly different from the knight that inspired me. This is what Game of Thrones does.
>>
>>1279940
There have been directors/screenwriters inspired by the way light reflects off of water to make entire plotlines and stories about humans and their lives without ever caring to represent water in any particular fashion. You're being purposefully dense. Stop.
>>
>>1279940
Wow you are really resulting to that, now I know this has to be some reverse baiting going on. And even if you believe the nonsense you say, why don't you answer OP's question instead of being a douche about it? Is it because you know you can't answer it due to it being only inspired off the WotR and not based on it
>>
>>1279943
You all are missing the point and intentionally straw manning. Comparing something as subjective as light reflecting of water and the objective way people used say a lamp in medieval times is stupid, stop now.

>>1279941
When you are creating a whole narrative off certain time periods you better make sure they make sense in your world. Like how did feudalism develop in GoT? I don't know because Martin just thought it would be cool to have it in there without an explaination because he is a bad writer who just has the slightest grasp on history and rips it off to put into his book after changing a few settings and names.

>>1279944
>St- STAHP BAITING ME LOL
>Assuming that i'd waste my time on such a fucking retarded question
That is like saying why don't you constantly answer the questions of a 5 year old,is it because you are retarded and not because the question is fundamentally flawed?
>>
>>1279958
Go to /lit/ if you want to talk about Martin as a writer, because we are addressing the question and not the content of his books
>>
>>1279962
>uhhhh I don't know how to respond because my stance is in the wrong
>I know point him to another board hurr durr
When the topic of a book is considered woudn't make sense to also talk about the content for context and further evidence. That is like looking at a house from the outside then judging if the kitchen in the house has 2 pots and 1 pan or 3 pans and 2 pots
>>
>>1279974
Seeing as you can't even spell literally I am having trouble believing the latter part of your statement
>>
>>1279981
>Oh shit he is right!
>Let me pick out a part of his spelling so I don't have to address his argument
>>
>>1279974
>>1279981
>>1279983
This samefagging just to prove your point is cancerous
>>
>>1279990
This whole fucking thread is cancerous and should be shut down. It doesn't even have anything remotely related to history
MODS! MODS!
>>
42 comments
6 posters.
Alright who is it...
>>
meh
>>
>>1279935
But my parents taught me there are no stupid questions anon :-)
>>
It seems that no one is really ever going to respond to Op's question now will they?
>>
Easily the most autistic thread of the year and there's 6 months left.
>>
>>1282244
Easily the most autistic comment of the century an we only have 74 years left
>>
>>1279827
Since no one is going to actually bother answering the question, I'll go out on a limb and compile the information I know.

To put it simply, no GoT is not historical to the time period it is supposed to be representing. Hundreds of thousands of soliders would not be able to be fielded, supplied, paid for, fed, etc especially before winter. Couple this with the constant disruption of peasant life by war and raids, no one will be able to survive a winter that lasts years (Also you won't survive a winter pre-industrial revolution that last years period because how are you supposed to keep all that food fresh and retain its nutritional value over the course of a decade? Along with this how would food be harvested in the fall when springs and summers last for years? What would you eat while waiting for your crop to grow) seeing as it appears everyone is a solider rather than a farmer. Thousands of farmers need to be constantly working to keep a feudal society going, but it seems people are more interested in fighting then eating. Also the food served to lords in GoT is also not very faithful to medieval food. Medieval food was very elaborate with often spectacular presentations, but the drab food of GoT really doesn't show that off. Speaking of drab the entire GoT series is pretty dark and gloomy despite life in the Middle Ages not being as dark as potrayed. The bountiful holidays prescribed by the Church allowed for large village feasts and days off from difficult farming. Town squares were always spots for entertainment with bards often playing songs or jesters performing stunts for all to see. Kind of like street performers today. Instead George RR Martin loves to picture the Middle Ages as a time of ignorance, depression, and superstition when most of the time it was as normal and everyday as life is now. It is like people centuries down the line believing all white-collar workers were slaves to corporations when instead they lived lives full of ups and
>>
>>1284021
downs
>>
>>1284021
>>1284022
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate how someone actually took the time to answer my question instead of being a douche
>>
>>1279857

winter is coming
>>
This entire fucking thread is samefagging.
>>
>seven layers of irony and bait ITT
Oh boy.

Just what this board needs.
>>
File: Planetos from space.jpg (406 KB, 1056x816) Image search: [Google]
Planetos from space.jpg
406 KB, 1056x816
>>1279879
> A point another anon made was how farming could work

Except it couldn’t.

Even humans with today’s technology would have a hard time surviving on Planetos, with winters that can last several YEARS.

A quasi-medieval society simply couldn’t do it and would have gone extinct during the first winter on the planet.
>>
>>1284021
>>1279879
>>1284115

Because it's not, say, 5 years of JUST snow and winter, just like in summer they still have snows, just that the majority is snow and winter.

And it's mentioned that Winterfell has glass gardens for winter and that the Vale imports from warmer places, so there's that
>>
>>1284211
Then it's even worse. Instead of plants and seeds going dormant going snowy periods, the snow melts, the plants think it's spring, but surprise MORE WINTER, and the sprouts all die. Greenhouses and "they'll just import!" are both bullshit answers that could never happen in any actual situation outside a trash fantasy novel.
>>
>>1284211
>>1284251
>>1284115
Yeah the whole years of winter and summer thing seems to just be a gimmick that GRRM put into the story to make it seem interesting. But when you see how it clashes with other elements of the story, it kinda makes it seem like GRRM didn't think it through. He may not be the great writer normalfags preach him to be.
>>
>>1279827
>Falling for the Game of Thrones meme
>Show or Book
You should just kys because of that, desu
>>
>>1284251
Life on earth has survived ice ages lasting thousands of years, I'm sure there's a way it could be made to work.
>>
>>1279827
I mean besides the dragons everything else is totally inaccurate
>>
>>1285854
>Implying they even get the dragon mythos right
>>
This thread is literally retardedand everyone should suicide fast
>>
File: Euron.png (723 KB, 599x797) Image search: [Google]
Euron.png
723 KB, 599x797
Game of Thrones is p. shit. Except Euron -- And indeed all of the Greyjoys.

The Ironborn are literally the most realistic people.
>>
>>1279827
>Is GoT really faithful to the time period it is supposed to be potraying

Are you a fucking child? No. Of course it isn't it's loosely based on the war of the roses and other aspects of british/european history.

You know apart from the dragons, snow zombies, magic, divine intervention. and the fact nobody's wounds get infected. So no it isn't particularly faithful, and that's because it's FANTASY you chimp.
>>
>>1286776
>Ironborn
>Most realistic
>Have a stupid culture based on raiding and are basically idiots who can't fight in an actual war
>Somehow their shit society is held up despite no one on the island farming (even though a majority of Scandanavians actually farmed rather than pillage) and instead raiding
>Raiding that they are terrible at because their best fighters consist of a moodyteen who can't take FAIRLY losing a king's moot and has to steal ships from her own people because she didn't get her way and a few other nobodies that get beaten by a shirtless man and a few dogs
>Ironborn a literally niggers of the GoT universe
>>
>>1287665
That's why I'm referring to the things that happened irl in the medieval era and not the show. Reading comprehension isn't your forte is it?
Also
>divine intervention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
>>
>>1279845
it's a 100% historically accurate retelling of 298-303 AL
>>
>>1279850
this.
>>
File: ohdog.jpg (152 KB, 1079x577) Image search: [Google]
ohdog.jpg
152 KB, 1079x577
>>1279827
>>1279832
>>1279835
>>1279837
>>1279886
>>1279903

FWIW, I think the biggest problem in this thread is that answering OP's question has a two-part answer. Game of Thrones (and the A Song of Ice and Fire books) are not set anywhere in actual history. It's it's own universe, a fantasy one at that - with it's own map of lands, it's own religions, seasons lasting years, and people coming back from the dead, and dragons, and wargs, etc. You wouldn't ask "what time period is Lord of the Rings portraying" or wonder if it's faithful to it.

That said, GRRM has used actual people and events in history as inspiration for the characters in his story. You might say that The Starks are based on York, while the Lannisters are Lancaster - but it's not an exact parallel - and he hasn't placed his book universe IN that time period.

Because GRRM's fantasy world involves Lord's and Ladies and Knights and Castles, etc., it's probably best described as a quasi-medieval world.

Read more about medieval themes/real events that inspired GoT:

http://theweek.com/articles/463588/reallife-events-that-inspired-game-thrones-red-wedding

http://mentalfloss.com/article/56558/7-historical-parallels-game-thrones

http://www.historyextra.com/article/premium/game-thrones-based-on-real-medieval-inspiration

https://psmag.com/why-game-of-thrones-isn-t-medieval-and-why-that-matters-64ac36616d27#.b4qy0aonz

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/08/23/technology_in_a_game_of_thrones_and_the_song_of_fire_and_ice.html

http://www.livescience.com/44599-medieval-reality-game-of-thrones.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/game-thrones-realistic-historically-accurate-say-experts-1443454

p.s. FYI, this /his/ thread about the War of The Roses has a handful of posts that mention GoT - >>1272017
>>
>>1287952
That includes like 2 posts about game of thrones and it doesn't even talk about its similarities; they are just jokes
>>
>>1288682
you mean the thread I mentioned as an aside at the bottom of my otherwise pretty informative post?
yeah, I was just pointing out another thread here on /his/ where there was a reference of GoT in relation to actual history.

It was just a p.s.
something I thought I'd point out for OP's sake
whatever. if you bother to read any of the seven articles I found and posted, let me know what you have to bitch about there. thanks.
>>
>>1288682
>just jokes

>https://psmag.com/why-game-of-thrones-isn-t-medieval-and-why-that-matters-64ac36616d27#.jiwnem4c9

"Martin himself has explained that his fictional conflict between the northern Starks and southern Lannisters was inspired by the War of the Roses."
>>
>>1279827

Yes. Its a 100%... no, 110% faithful portrayal of wesseros, essos and the other countries in that time period.
>>
>>1279827
no, there is magic and stuff in it. like the seasons last for years and there are dragons. also, it seems like time passes kind of inconsistently throughout.
>>
>>1287665

>the fact nobody's wounds get infected

The author introduced maesters to specifically fix this problem, to be fair.
>>
>>1287794
Actually it's mentioned that 9/10 of the population either mine or fish since the soil is too poor for farming, and that reavers are just crazy coots stuck in the past
>>
>>1279827
On that note, does anyone have a link to the Accursed Kings? The one torrent I found has random fullstops sprinkled around the text and it's annoying to read it
>>
>>1288949
>Culture is so shit that the only people who fight on their island and fucking retarded
>Ironborn confirmed worse than niggers
>>
>>1288964
*are*
>>
>>1288964
well rodrik the reader and asha are the only 2 people who think that they should trade and farm along the north's coasts
>>
File: Planetos vs U.S..jpg (350 KB, 1056x816) Image search: [Google]
Planetos vs U.S..jpg
350 KB, 1056x816
>>1284211
> Because it's not, say, 5 years of JUST snow and winter

Except it is five years of JUST snow and winter, with the “summer” months during these years simply having less snow but everything remains covered in deep snow and nothing grows.

And nothing (Earth like) could survive that; how the hell do deer for example, survive those kinda conditions?

>>1284400
> Yeah the whole years of winter and summer thing seems to just be a gimmick that GRRM put into the story to make it seem interesting.

Agreed and I think he later realized the multi-year long winters simply doesn’t work and quietly abandoned that storyline.
>>
>>1289079
Asha is a dumb bitch if she thinks she can hold the north. Literally her people are based on raiding and get BTFO everytime they try to make something great out of their shit
>Harenhall
>Failed Ironborn Rebellion #1 (Against Robert)
>Failed Ironborn Rebellion #2 (Against a kingdom in a civil war, literally that bad they can't even win when their enemies are distracted by relevant people)
>Failed Ironborn Invasion of the North
>Said it once and I'll say it again. Ironborn are the niggers of Game of Thrones
>>
File: West.jpg (863 KB, 2130x3153) Image search: [Google]
West.jpg
863 KB, 2130x3153
>>1287794
>>Ironborn
>>Somehow their shit society is held up despite no one on the island farming

Plenty of farming going on in the Iron Islands or they'd all starve otherwise, the question is why the North, Westerlands and/or the Reach didn't genocide the Ironborn ages ago?

Each of these mainland kingdoms out number the Ironborn a dozen-to-one and could have easily wiped them out and would have, considering how much of an annoyance they've been throughout history.
>>
File: England_878AD.png (635 KB, 823x1024) Image search: [Google]
England_878AD.png
635 KB, 823x1024
>>1289131
>Literally her people are based on raiding and get BTFO everytime they try to make something great out of their shit

The Ironborn held the Riverlands for a couple of hundred years, akin to the Danelaw in England.
>>
>>1289131
>Asha is a dumb bitch if she thinks she can hold the north. Literally her people are based on raiding and get BTFO everytime they try to make something great out of their shit
she wanted to be allied to the north and help them with the ironborn navy in return for stony shore to be settled by the boatniggers.
>>
>>1289163
>Only could take the Riverlands because the Stormlands gave 0 shits about holding it
>Presence only tolerated because if the Ironborn ever chimped out again there would be an easy way to kick them in the teeth
>Gets absolutely destroyed by building a giant fucking castle that no one wants or liked only to have their king and his heirs burn alive in it
>Ironborn always cry WE WUZ REAVERS AND SHEIT and long for their India-tier empire
I take my statement back, Ironborn are literally worse than niggers
>>
>>1289163
IRL vikings had denmark, norway and sweden

the ironborn are the equivalent of the shetlands achieving the same

a realistic explanation might be that they are more like the hanseatic league, merchants can operate from pyke tax free as long as they don't keep their guard down
>>
>>1290722
They also somehow have the population to hold land that is like 10x the size of their island. That's the equivalent of Medieval England controlling all of Germany and France
>>
>>1279827
GoT clearly doesn't take place on Earth.

On another planet, it's perfectly accurate.
>>
Holy shit. This may just be the most autistic thread I've ever seen.
>>
File: MTI5NDc5ODQ1OTU5ODIzMzMw.png (366 KB, 619x706) Image search: [Google]
MTI5NDc5ODQ1OTU5ODIzMzMw.png
366 KB, 619x706
> unsullied are castrated as children and grow into strong warrior men.

I don't think so grrm.
>>
>>1291120

Actually, no, They are described as being considerably weaker than normal men and they make it up with their discipline.
>>
>>1291120
Most of the Unsullied's bodies are actually pretty similar to Varys and that pic you posted in the books. IIRC they were used more as guards for slavers than for warfare.
As this anon >>1291130 said, they make it up with discipline.
>>
File: Iron Islands.jpg (21 KB, 502x192) Image search: [Google]
Iron Islands.jpg
21 KB, 502x192
>>1290722
>the ironborn are the equivalent of the shetlands achieving the same

GRRM originally envisioned Westeros as being more or less the size of the UK but as he worked on the story, it became larger and larger until it became roughly the size of S.America.

That means the Iron Islands are roughly the size of Ireland and would have a more or less similar sized population.
>>
>>1292337
Westeros is just basically Britain turned to the left. You see how Martin lacks creativity there, can't even make his own landmass. And Essos is basically a line going east like how lazy do you have to be to make it like that?
>>
>>1279827
Not even remotely.
GRRM has the same understanding of how life in the middle ages worked as a 12 year old who who saw the clive owen king arthur movie.
He thinks rape and violence was widespread and life was basically suffering 24/7 when the reality was that basically nobody ever interacted.
He thinks because he portrays war as more than just two titanic armies clashing that he is "gritty and real" when most conflicts in the middle ages between local lords probably would end after just one fight. Example: Robb Stark after defeating Tywin in his first battle for some reason does not deter the Lannisters at all. GRRM thinks that because Lannisters are rich that this translates into soldiers having more morale, which makes no fucking sense.
So Robb continues to kick Tywin ass for all of season two and most of three, and yet somehow the lannisters magic money keeps spawning new, well trained, armed, and most importantly willing soldiers.
If GRRM was as smart as he thinks he is what would have actually happened would have been this: Robb defeats Tywin, Tywin thinks because he has so many soldiers and money that he continues fighting and loses at most two more battles, and then would give up because literally none of the soldiers in his army would at that point want to continue fighting.

Furthermore, he thinks he is so fucking clever when dealing the "politics" behind these monarchies but he has absolutely no idea how they actually worked. Kings didnt earn their power by being power hungry, they were chosen by other lords to be the first among equals to run the kingdom, not many people coveted the power of kingship. Being a lord was more than good enough.
The whole plotline with the Daenarys is absolutely retarded in this regard as well. He wants people to believe his story is realistic, and that good intentions mean nothing to success, and yet Daenarys gets free armies every other book.
>>
>>1289126
>the world is called Planetos
>west is called westerors
>east is called essos
For fucks sake
>>
>>1292903
Did you let it all out, or do you have more. Because if you do please go on, that spiel was very enlightening and entertaining.
>>
>>1279827
Fuck no. George RR Martin is a terrible uninspired writer who thinks he knows how to create stories that rival CS Lewis or even hold a candle to Tolkein. He basically copies down actual historical events then changes them a little and gets praise for it. HE IS LITERALLY PLAGIARIZING HISTORY AND ADMITS IT AND NO ONE GIVES A FUCK.
>>
>>1279832
>>1279835
it is almost completely historically accurate to time period between 298AC-301AC
>>
>>1293086
>>1287807
Stop posting this like a fucking indoctrinated monkey, you nigger
>>
File: 1436978799195.jpg (10 KB, 228x210) Image search: [Google]
1436978799195.jpg
10 KB, 228x210
>>1284021
>believing all white-collar workers were slaves to corporations
>>
>>1292909
Northoros and Southos coming soon....
>>
>>1293076
>LITERALLY PLAGIARIZING HISTORY
I don't think that's a thing.
>>
>>1279827
Yes. It's a totally accurate depiction of Westeros in the year George R.R. Martin said it happened in.
>>
is this autism general?
my doctor sehnt mi hir
>>
>>1293258
Is there something wrong with what he said?
>Inb4 wageslave
>Inb4 Proud NEET
>>
File: community_image_1422194739.gif (981 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1422194739.gif
981 KB, 500x281
Game of thrones is literally the history of the dark ages. The only people who say it's not real history are revisionists.
>>
>>1286776
Euron is going to die to his sister.

I mean he kinda won that vote fair and square, even though he can't actually make 1k ships.
>>
>>1279827
For one, gun powder seems to not exist in Westeros
>>
>>1293378
Nah, I just found that pic earlier and wanted to use it.
Then that sentiment sounded remotely bourgeois with the workers being enslaved to corporations no doubt in a capitalist system so I thought "Hey, why not?"
>>
File: file.png (61 KB, 307x326) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61 KB, 307x326
>>1293268
You jest, but
>>
>>1291130
>>1291170
This.

It's said in the books that regular soldiers and mercs will break and run because they've got wives, children, land, and value their own lives.

But the Unsullied have no wives, can father no children, have no land, and they're married to their army and know no life outside of it
>>
>>1293470
God that scene was such shit in the series

>muh cok
>we'll conquer westeros (won't tell you how tho :^)
>let's build 1k ships

At least the books made him out to be this terrifying madman
>>
>>1279827
Yes, this work of fiction set in a fantasy universe with magic, dragons and evil ice zombies is completely historically accurate! Why would anyone think differently?
>>
>>1293934
Why do you feel the need to keep samefagging this point over and over again?
>>1293466
Kill yourself if you think that is true
>>
>>1293596
Terrifying madman would be even more boring desu.
>>
>>1295873
Implying all the absolute madmen throughout history have ever been boring.
>>
>>1296566
Your dad was an absolute madman when he impregnated the ugliest prostitute in the brothel ridden with STDs known an unknown to science also known as your mom
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.