[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So on the latest episode of the DP podcast TJ went on tirade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
So on the latest episode of the DP podcast TJ went on tirade against someone responding his criticisms of the REDPILL comics, at one point the subject of objective morality came into play, TJ said that such a thing doesn't exist while the guy was trying to prove the contrary.

So /his/ as someone who is trying to find the answer to the same question could we have a discussion about this topic?
>>
>>1277297

He puts bananas in his butt.
>>
>>1277297
Let's say for example I was to be transported to tenochtitlan during the 15 century, I know that sacrificing people so the Sun doesn't go away is bullshit, does knowing thismakes me more moral than a average citizen of the city?
>>
>>1277297
>actually taking anything said on DP seriously
What's it like being 15?
>>
>>1277308
And it's disgusting, but what he puts up his butt does not nullify all of his argument.

Afterall if someone who litterally eats poop and is proud of it screamed at the top of his lungs "THE SKY IS BLUE" it would not nullify his argument.
>>
What? Who? What again?
>>
>>1277314
I don't think simply knowing that would make you moral as that is simply a matter of knowledge. However that knowledge puts you into a position to make a moral decision to potentially save people (but will most likely do nothing and get you killed).
>>
>>1277348
If I were to not act would I be in even worse position than them?
Knowing that my actions to save those people would be futile and would likely get me killed, by not atleat trying to make a difference would that make me immoral?
>>
>>1277314
You have to ask if murdering to keep the sun from going down is immoral? This is the argument?

Even a dog will snap if you try to steal it's food, a Lioness will protect it's cubs, generally at all costs. My point is the connection the dog has to his food and the connection the Lioness has to it's cub. Removing something from someone else, generates a response out of sheer instinct alone. Doesn't matter how educated that thing is.

Basically an immoral act against a other will cause that other to feel some kind of way...

So as dumb as one purposely tries to make himself, as stupid, as numb, as basic, as void of as much rational thinking, as void of all logic one could possibly try to force upon themselves for the sake of being on behalf of that side of the argument, the fundamental connections we have to something like food alone can't be severed. I mean in the sense if someone tried to steal your leg of meat, that would do nothing but create friction.

That's what separates the moral from the immoral at the dumbest level. If the action causes the opposite of progression, which is regression, or destruction in the face of construction, basically moving away from moving forward, at this dumbest level you can discern the moral from the immoral.
>>
>>1277390
(2/2)
At least if you have any sense of discernment, you should be able to determine the moral from the immoral. If you don't have any sense of discernment, any understanding, then all you see is a chaotic unorganized mess where up could be down and down could be up.

Which would be kind of sad and a reason to thank God that despite the lack of foresight found in people, there have been enough people throughout history who are aware of this specific line drawn in the sand.

Otherwise, we'd all be doing crazy shit like killing people to make sure the sun comes up. Which is beyond irrational for obvious reasons, but that's the product of not knowing up from down. You live life without a line drawn in the sand, where you have no fucking clue, you're liable to do anything for any given reason.

What's a more interesting question though, is what caused them to believe that killing keeps the sun rising.
>>
>>1277308

I'm not even a TJ fan nor follow his videos, but bringing the whole banana thing up is pretty pointless because he admits it and his response to it was pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu1EmF-nsBA
>>
Why would objectivity exist in the first place?
>>
>>1277308
Because he is a godless shameless atheist.
>>
>>1277329
>THE SKY IS BLUE
it isn't tho
>>
>>1277483
Okay, how about "We perceive the sky as blue at certain hours!"?
>>
File: AsianChristianity.jpg (369 KB, 764x800) Image search: [Google]
AsianChristianity.jpg
369 KB, 764x800
>>1277483
how about "THE WORD 'THE' is spelled 'T-H-E' in the English language!" or "Two Plus Two Equals Four!" or "Europeans are from Europe!" or "The Earth is a planet!"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.