[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that Nietzsche was a Nazi? Seems pretty accurate to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.jpg (135 KB, 1186x668) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
135 KB, 1186x668
Is it true that Nietzsche was a Nazi? Seems pretty accurate to me, since he created the concept of Übermensch and stuff. IIRC he also said "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" and a bunch of other things.
>>
>>1272732
No, his sister was a Nazi sympathizer and shilled for them a little bit after he went mad. Freddy wasn't even anti-Semitic, really.
>>
>Died in 1900
>Nazi
>>
>>1272791
A proto-Nazi, if you will.
>>
>>1272732
>created the concept of Übermensch
Nazis mangled his meaning. Really, they just enforced master and slave morality. The ubermensch wouldn't spaz out over jews or draw self-esteem from his background.
>>
>>1272732
No, applying politics (AKA herd dynamics) to Nietzsche is a pleb-mistake.

>since he created the concept of Übermensch
The Nazi concept of an Ubermensch was basically "us Germans", the Nietzschean concept of an Ubermensch is extremely nuanced and the idea of having a race of Ubermensch existing today localized entirely to one country is retarded.
>>
>>1272732
No. Absolutely not. Nietzsche abhorred fanaticism, nationalism, and herd conformity, basically everything Nazis valued. He also wrote fondly and respectfully of the Jews and had a comprehensive knowledge and nuanced view of Jewish and Biblical history.

The misconception that Nietzsche sympathized wth nazi ideas comes from his nazi supporter sister, who took over control of his literary estate after his collapse and mental breakdown.

She edited his work to make it seem pro-nazi, but Nietzsche would have probably rather have burned it than see it appropriated by such barbarians.
>>
>>1273960
>He also wrote fondly and respectfully of the Jews

Where? I seem to recall him being less than kind to them most of the times they're mentioned.
>>
>>1273990
He essentially called them sneaky bastards. But he meant it in an respectful way, as in their sneaky ways are something to be admired and possibly even imitated by future ubermensch.
>>
>>1272732
fuck you cunt, this is a grade A shitpost; this board is riddled with garbage.
>>
>>1272732
Nietzsche loathed antisemitism and nationalism, the very cornerstones of nazism.
>>
>>1273717
>or draw self-esteem from his background

Don't tell that to Nietzsche the noble Pole.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.