[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking about Gnostic theology a bit and I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: abraxas_grimoire.jpg (122 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
abraxas_grimoire.jpg
122 KB, 500x666
I've been thinking about Gnostic theology a bit and I think I've stumbled onto a road block. Here me out.

Points to consider:
0. The book of Genesis only describes God creating material things. He for instance create's man's body but not his thoughts and mind. This ultimatly minds that the human mind is like God, uncreated. It also means he is only a God of the material not the immaterial. This means either all immaterial things are uncreated or there is another God making the immaterial.
1. The mind/thoughts/immaterial is greater than the body/material. If there is another God making the immaterial it would be the greater deity.
2. If God sustains the thoughts than whenever you have sinful thoughts God is ultimately responsible for it. Most theology says God does not sustain thoughts
3. If God does not sustain thoughts and statement 1 is true than it follows that God does not sustain the greatest thing. This leads to only one of two conclusions: either the human mind is separate from God or it is the same thing as God. If it is separate than it means the mind is greater than God. If it is the same it means my mind is God. If the immaterial is created rather than uncreated my mind would be one with not the bible God but a greater God of the immaterial.
>>
>>1272618
>Here me out

Dropped.
>>
>>1272618
The mind participates in the nature of the divine in its natural state, but is adulterated by the conditioned nature of the material. in other words, it's living down here in the trenches that makes bad thoughts and shit happen, not God
>>
>>1273639
If the tradional God is the creator and maintiner of the material world, and the material world is a distraction doesn't that just affirm the Gnostic belief?

So please answer. Does god create and sustain immaterial things? If he does why would he create material things as a distraction? Why does the Old Testament never mention him doing this?
>>
>>1273669
Material and immaterial are just the two aspects of the same divine reality. The material is just that which is flux and change in the divine.

The material is not evil, just the only place where it can be possibly expressed
>>
>>1272618
>starts counting from 0
dropped there
>>
Yahweh is Satan and Jews are his chosen people.
>>
>>1273697
I never said the material was evil I just think it's inferior to the mental world.

You really havn't answered the hard questions.

Is the material mind created by the same God as the material? If so why is this never mentioned, Genesis is a story about material bodies.

Second why would God even create the material world? You've outright said that since "evil" can only be expressed in the material...and God created the material...than God created evil. Why not just have only an immaterial world?
>>
>>1273743
God is the immaterial, he doesn't need to create it, but he does need to "create" the material as a vehicle of manifestation for the immaterial.

Yes, the personal God is the creator of both evil and good. There's really no getting around it. Even if you take evil as privation he's still responsible for putting us in a place where good can be depleted in the first place.

God as a being is responsible for everything good and evil about being. But God as a being is subordinate to the Godhead, or God as Beyond-Being, which isn't any particular quality, it just is
>>
>>1274045
The thing is God is not responsible for the mental. If he was there than God would ultimately be responsible for sinful thoughts. It would also mean God is not responsible for all good since any good thoughts I had would be out of his domain.

I still havn't gotten this addressed? To what exstent is God responsible for the immaterial mental world? That's the place where real power is.
>>
>>1274061
I already did. God is the natural purity of the mind. Sinful thoughts compromise that purity, and sin can only happen where theft, adultery, murder, etc. are even concepts in the first place: the material universe

God is responsible for good thoughts and whatever because all good stems from that original purity, which has its source in God
>>
File: Lion of Yerushalaim.jpg (172 KB, 798x599) Image search: [Google]
Lion of Yerushalaim.jpg
172 KB, 798x599
>>1272618
Its dont, too mindfucking for a mundane.

Here's a fast redbull:
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Megadriel/index.php?showtopic=367

See what I meant?

Obligatory can recommend the Megaten/SMT/Shitsona series.
And basically the newest part when the Supreme Deity succesfully swallowed the Demiurge and Mithras - With Right Hand's help.
I wonder if incoming SMTV will have more Gnostic themes?
Wouldn't be surprised if Monad's rigtht emanation-manifestation was YHVH all along, and basically wanted to restore the Divine Will into oneness.
>>
>>1272618
>The book of Genesis only describes God creating material things
"Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
-Genesis 2:7

Breath = Pneuma = Spirit/Soul

You didn't even read Genesis you lazy memer, try harder at life in general.
>>
File: Pondering Based G-ddess.jpg (89 KB, 704x538) Image search: [Google]
Pondering Based G-ddess.jpg
89 KB, 704x538
>>1276427
And before someone spergs out proofing HOW EIN-SOF-AUR-(AIN-SOPH-AUR-/)YHVH IS NOT MONAD/BYTHOS/AEON THELEOS AT ALL, etc...

Can someone care to repost that linguistic arschburgery I've seen here once? In general we derive the full form of it - Yahwe/Jahveh from Ehyeh (Eheieh/Eheyeh) Asher Ehyeh, which means I Am That/What I Am.
The Yehowa-Jehovah is just this with vowels from Adonai added by the Masoretes - Thy Shall NOT Say The Divine Name in Vain.

The demonisation of the "Demiurge" (Metatron-Sandalphon Duo + "Melchisedec" ocassionally) is doing of a certain Archon-Aeonic Manifestation called Horaios or Kasbeel/Kazbiel ("Kazfiel").

Thx for listening, this Right Hand flies out from the Burning Bush
You shouldn't really discuss such stuff before gaining the basic knowledge of the Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Aramaic and Coptic. That's the brotip in the sense of brofit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.