[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you lived in the 13 Colonies at the eve of the American Revolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: BenjaminFranklin.jpg (11 KB, 200x262) Image search: [Google]
BenjaminFranklin.jpg
11 KB, 200x262
if you lived in the 13 Colonies at the eve of the American Revolution would you be a Patriot or a Royalist?

I would be loyal to the crown for sure. The crown wasn't that bad; the crown offers stability.
>>
Fuck off Brit
>>
Lemme tell you a story
Of a gay old Tory
Who posts poor questions to /his/
He knows only alliance
Without knowledge of defiance
For he gargles the limiest of jizz
>>
You have now aware that founding fathers were land speculators and investors who were going to lose a lot of money when the king told the colonists not to settle any further inland.
>>
>>1272026
Patriot.

Fuck the Eternal Anglo.
>>
>>1272026
Definitely Royalist. Patriots were too self righteous.
>>
>>1272190
John, you are the eternal anglo
>>
I think my personality would lend itself to being a Royalist. I like stability and not breaking what has worked.

Even when I used to read about the Revolution as a child (I'm American) in history class I felt like their complaints were fairly petty and the revolution unwarranted but it hasn't turned out so badly I guess.
>>
>>1272026
Play both ends against the middle, put my butt on both horses, have a foot in both camps.
You feel me OP?
>>
>>1272026

Definitely Royalist.

The Patriots were a bunch of leftist SJWs.
>>
Would both sides sucked but at least I could knock down the patriots while they were still weak
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 800x1201
>>1272026
My ancestor fought in the revolution. Was wounded at the battle of Monmoth Courthouse NJ
When he healed he ran a pow camp for captured Hessein mercenaries. He was a captain. I also would have fought against the Brits.
pic not related
>>
>>1272026
The American revolution was a necessary step in the evolution of classical liberalism. It was necessary to throw off the ancient regime and go back to republicanism in order to realize a principle based government.

The British system embraced elements of liberalism but was built on traditions, which were discarded as those in power found convenient.
>>
>>1272026
Royalist
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.