[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the IJN of WW2 the most overrated navy in history? >1st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Is the IJN of WW2 the most overrated navy in history?
>1st major naval engagement
>strategic loss

>2nd major naval engagement
>lose the entire carrier fleet

Mind you, the IJN had numerical superiority in all battles and overall until 1943.
>>
>>1271872
The ships were pretty good, the tactics and planning not so much, not to mention the americans partially decrypted their code rather early in the war
>>
All of the IJA was almost as bad as the Italian Royal Army.
>>
>>1271891
That's nice, but I don't think the IJA qualifies as the most overrated navy.
>>
>>1271872
Well of all the Axis Powers they were the only ones who have a good navy.

Also the Jap navy seems to be more advanced than it's European counterparts by that point. Isnt the Britshit navy still a fucking battleship force with only one aircraft carrier?
>>
>>1271898
>Isnt the Britshit navy still a fucking battleship force with only one aircraft carrier?
No, why would you think that? Have you literally never read a book? Are you incapable of googling? Please explain.
>>
>>1271872
Muh submarine aricraft carriers
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.