[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen to the child, who's parents always discourage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image001.jpg (37 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
37 KB, 380x380
What would happen to the child, who's parents always discourage him and questions all of his acts - from like, careless childish playing to goofing with / interested in a thing he found in the garden - with simple "Why?" questions - "Why would you need that? Why do you do this? L" etc
>>
Isn't it normally the reverse, with children asking why?
>>
>>1271132
They ask why and how their surroundings works. But what if we face them with questions about how and why THEY di as they do
>>
Freud said it affected intelligence in later life. The way parents react to "how is babby formed" dictates if kids remain curious or not. If the parents react harshly or tell them some bullshit it hampers their interest in other questions for fear of chastisement. If they respond positively the kid develops an impulse to research.

sorry cant remember where i read it.
>>
Parenting has almost 0 lasting impact on a kid's psychological traits or intelligence (short of some sort of extreme abuse like starvation or sensory deprivation).

So the answer to your question is that it would do nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>1271439
Uneducated swine detected
>>
>>1271439
Lmao... OP here, I don't know about complex parental behaviour and effects, ad I asked, but that sir, is some real fucking hardcore bullshit
>>
>>1271502
Don't let your biases/intuitions get in the way of truth.
>>
>>1271511
They aren't, I'm not saying that I'm ass dumb about the topic and still ad hominem attack people, in fact I, along with many others, do know that parenting DO have effect on children growing up and that anon's statement is bullshit
>>
>>1271575
>do know that parenting DO have effect on children growing up and that anon's statement is bullshit
It doesn't as indicated by twin studies. Any study claiming otherwise is not controlling for genetic factors.
>>
You'd mostly get a lot of short and indiscriptive answers.

Why did you smash that toy car with the hammer?
>It's fun
>I don't like it

In the end you'd just disturb the kid with questions it doesn't want to answer, the kid will in return give shorter replies to avoid being forced to do something.

It's better to let the kid go outside and look at bugs undisturbed because it makes it curious if you leave it alone to think and observe without constraints. t. a middle kid in a big sibling family who got little attention.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.