[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More and more I find that I can't find stimulating material,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: scrappymind.jpg (20 KB, 220x334) Image search: [Google]
scrappymind.jpg
20 KB, 220x334
More and more I find that I can't find stimulating material, more and more I realize I'm one of this generations greatest minds, more and more I realize I myself must contribute.

So /his/, what's up with that? Why isn't any material from the past 2 millenniums stimulating or challenging to me? I'm not that far ahead of anybody, am I?

Present to me stimulating ideas, now /his/
>>
Have sex, go scuba diving, then drop some LSD. You'll think of something.
>>
>>1270952
It probably means you're retarded and aren't actually getting the meaning of anything you read.
>>
Come up with a (realistic) solution for overpopulation and the subsequent unsustainable resource use.

Hard mode: no space travel easy fix.
>>
>Is there a God?

I don't know if there is a God, I do hope so, the question is very big.

But I will say that there is a lot of karma out there. When does God ever make himself known? If something ever manifests itself, it's usually due to karma, something you did, something you did to push into effect.

The mind is a very powerful thing, so much occurrences where you leave yourself thinking "I'm responsible for that."

You think of someone and then all of sudden you see this person! Karma! Your mind just popped this person out of thin air!

>>1270952

If you are legitimately one of this generations greatest minds go into chemistry and physics.

A lot of work to be done in those fields, a lot of hard and complicated fucking work.
>>
File: bullshit7.jpg (127 KB, 960x920) Image search: [Google]
bullshit7.jpg
127 KB, 960x920
>>1270990
>>
>>1270986
No one, not any of these philosophers has any "bright" ideas.

I've seen al there main, "biggest" ideas, and none of them are larger than life ideas!

"Ubermensch", Nietzsche's big idea is not very great.
>>
>>1270988
Come on, how much unused land is there, in so many states?Many states have unused land. Build more cities, move people to new cities

Electric everything. Solar panels. Plus I'm not even knowledgeable on this subject so tons of other natural resources too.
>>
>>1271015
It's the temporal not spatial scale that's the problem.
>>
>I surprise myself now. I'm 22, and am now realizing that I can accomplish things now, that I can set new heights, break records, climb ladders, I as a 22 year old, am now part of it, I am now taking part in history, I myself can now leave things for the past to see, I am now part of the crowd, I realize this, and I surprise myself now, that I could do it.
>>
>>1270986
Come on nobody bases their philosophy, or dogma, on any past philosophers' ideas. They're all left in the past, part of another time.

>Cartesian dualism
What?! Mind and body? Anybody can come up with that, and no more ground-breaking than cat litter.
>>
When you're told everyone is an idiot, when the media only presents you the smallest minds of your generation, it becomes easier and easier to believe these are the majority, that there isn't a sizable minority of Wikipedia addicts, that there aren't some strikingly intelligent minds out there...

... Until you post on /pol/ and I blow you the fuck out in argument.
>>
>>1271041
I'm aware that there's people out there that will surprise you, but mostly I want to see people that are extremely deep.

What do you think about God?
>>
>"I hope he makes it back here."
That's hope. Specifically, your mind. Your mind is literally what's fueling this action. Your mind is very powerful.

>You being born to your parents.
That could be either chance or fate. You could look at that and think "I was destined to be with these people" and you could also say thats chance.
>>
>>1271049
>God
Either the ghost in the (wider, natural) machine or a fabrication(s) of the human mind, which doesn't discount it being a consciousness. You could believe the Gaia hypothesis, for instance, but in the end that's just emergent properties from the natural laws devised either in the moment of the big bang or during the 100,000 years of cooling where certain laws weren't very distinct.

If we are all part of this system, if we too (and our own consciousnesses, plural, no solipsism here) are just emergent properties, then we share the ghost with the wider system. This idea of unity with God seems to be the most rational interpretation of the God in exodus 3:14.

BTW omni god strawmen shit me.

About the human mind thing... That's going to take a fuckload to explain. I'm literally planning a video, I just need money for... Inspiration to be brutally honest.

>I'm aware that there's people out there that will surprise you
My point is the media is making out our generation as more idiotic than it is when the minority of people using the internet as free education/information are probably bumping up our generational average intelligence.

The mainstream media isn't for us, it's for older generations who appreciate being told that they're better or on par to the younger generations. They wouldn't react well if they realised the truth, that they're actually significantly less intelligent than us. So the media convinces them otherwise.

The narrative that leftism is the popular movement? That's a lie.
>>
>More and more I realize, it's just not out there, what I'm looking for is just not out there. No one before me has put out these ideas, ideas of great wisdom
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.