[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what makes something funny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: iii.jpg (28 KB, 348x362) Image search: [Google]
iii.jpg
28 KB, 348x362
what makes something funny?
>>
It's dangerous but harmless.
>>
If it's lol
>>
""""""""social construct""""""""
>>
Observing something that violates your expection/anticipation and having to immediately respond to it subconsciously before your conscious part of your brain has reasoned and rationalized it is where I'd say emotion in general comes from. Homour/laughter is I believe generally when we initially expect a very serious or consequential outcome but are surprised by something trivial intead. It's like some peculiar form of being underwhelmed
>>
File: jack-in-the-box.jpg (104 KB, 342x484) Image search: [Google]
jack-in-the-box.jpg
104 KB, 342x484
timing
>>
>>1263240
And it's all about the timing.
>>
>>1263272
And structure.
Did you hear?
>>
love and irony
but sincerity above all
>>
File: laugh.jpg (42 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
42 KB, 600x401
>>1263259

I just pretended to read and then I told him it was "interesting."
>>
Comedy starts with the "Ha," which identifies the situation as comedic. The "Ha" is followed by the "Guffaw." This creates anticipation. Next, there is the "Aw," to condition your audience for surprise at the final element, the "Ha-Ha." Now does it make sense?
>>
your Mother's fat ass
>>
>>1263233
A) if it is not normal.
Cake does not belong in face.
B) if it is sad
Take any joke you can think of. By dissecting it, you will find at the ground something grim, dark, sad, potentially catastrophic. This is a rule for about 80% of jokes and applies to around 99% of "jokes" on the internet. It is not easy to be objective enough at first, to see it always, as it's an ability one has to train.
>>
Absurdity. For example implying blacks can into civilization.
>>
>>1264238
Look man
I hate blacks too but don't turn this shit into /pol/
>>
>>1263233
Someone laughing at it. But it's only funny to the person laughing.
>>
>>1263233
Other people's pain.
>>
> what makes something funny?
The sense of humor.
>>
>>1263233
>what makes something funny?

Simple. Unexpected lack of seriuosness.
>>
>>1263233
It tickles my funny bone.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.