[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into /russian history/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Surikov_streltsi.jpg (139 KB, 800x463) Image search: [Google]
Surikov_streltsi.jpg
139 KB, 800x463
How do I into /russian history/?
>>
>>1256270
take your values of individualism and put them away, get ready for autocracy as an ideal.
>>
>>1256270
>How do I into /russian history/?
And then, things got worse.
>>
>>1256270
Start with the Kievan Rus
>>
>>1256270
A series of unfortunate events

"The tsar is a good boy, he dindu nuffin" - starving serf

Lots of pretenders and false tsars

We wuz Vikings, then we wuz Byzantines, then we wuz Tatars

also Peter was best tsar
>>
>>1256270
I'm not sure how accurate these are, but they're enjoyable to watch if nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUA_1WVM8I
>>
http://letslivealive.com/learning-how-to-thrive-in-the-midst-of-suffering/
>>
>>1256270
The only Russian history book you'll ever need.
>>
>>1256270
You need to study both Western and Russian sources adjacently,it's the only viable way.

Also,only 32% of Russian history has been translated to Occidental language,which further enhances the difficulty of researching it properly.
>>
>>1256604

>starving serf
They began to suffer only after Peter the Great,before him,Russia had the biggest population of free peasants in Europe,even more than the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
>>
>>1257291
>free peasants
State-owned peasants.
>>
>>1257337
They became state-owned after Peter the Great's "agrarian resolutions".He traded basically traded his people's prosperity for a navy.
>>
File: 1356536755839.jpg (824 KB, 634x1438) Image search: [Google]
1356536755839.jpg
824 KB, 634x1438
>>1256270
>take a bunch of vikings
>mix them native slavs of the area
>make them convert to orthodox christianity
>let them get raped several times by the mongols
then apply this >>1256280 and you have russian history in a nutshell

Also, forger everything about strategy and technological superiority just throw masses of soldiers at it until your enemy can't take it anymore

Last but not least January and February are your best generals, forget about faggots like Suborov and the like
>>
>>1258505
50 threads later and this vikingaboo is STILL buttfurious.
>>
>>1257722
Peter the "Great" sounds like a fucking dick
>>
>>1256322
/thread
>>
>>1258505
I am amazed this isn't the Vatnik edit.
>>
File: -L-6pxLUT.jpg (78 KB, 750x953) Image search: [Google]
-L-6pxLUT.jpg
78 KB, 750x953
>>1258560
There's a vatnik edit?
>>
>>1258537
He really wasn't that great all things considered.

>Russia is backwards
>Need monies for modernization
>Tax the shit out of literally everything and everyone
>Smelt church bells because bronze is needed for cannons, among other things
>Seize the city of Azov because sea access in a fucking puddle of water
>Build a fortress at a strategic position
>Said position is in the swamp in the middle of nowhere
>Decide to move a capital there
>In typical Russian tradition force people to live there too
>Force Russians to adopt Western looks
>Create an army
>Piss off his greatest Ukrainian ally in the meantime
>Get cucked by Turks
>Give Azov back
>Defeat Swedes at Poltava
>Fuck around in Europe for ten years for literally zero purpose
>Finally defeat Swedes
>Peace treaty was so great Russia paid Sweden loads of reparations in exchange for territories
>Establish a true absolute monarchy
>Finish installing serfdom

Most of Peter's modernization policies were purely superficial too, but that's Russia so that was to be expected.
>>
>>1256270
Glad no one posted this yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU1N8KTxIJU

Their videos are posted far apart and obviously take a lot of effort so part 2 may be awhile, but the wait will be well worth it.
>>
>>1258587
>Battle of the Ice meme
>No mention of Andrei Bogolyubsky and the role of Vladimir-Suzdal Principality in Russian ethnogenesis

7/10 it's an ok introduction.
>>
>>1256270
> Russian kholops were slaves to Germans in RE
> Russian kholops were slaves to Commies in SU
> Russian kholops are slaves to Pitun nowaday
>>
>>1258620
I hate the Battle of the Ice meme too but he only talked about it for less than 10 seconds.
>>
File: 14650562329140.png (1 MB, 900x652) Image search: [Google]
14650562329140.png
1 MB, 900x652
>>1256270
Start with the hyperboreans.
>>
>>1258636
Then everything changed when the Finnish nation attacked.
>>
>>1258636
WE WUZ MAMMOTHS N SHIET

God, that artist's pictures are so ridiculous it's amazing.
>>
>>1258505
I've never seen so much historical illiteracy in a single post.

Are you American by any chance?
>>
>>1258537
He wasn't a very good man,but he was a very effective ruler.He sacrificed his people's prosperity just so he could transform Russia into a truly competent Empire.
>>
>>1258580
They weren't even remotely superficial,just downright cruel,which shouldn't be surprising considering that he was known for beating his son like a dog whenever he left the need to teach him a lesson in how to be a man.
>>
>>1258659
Gives a bad name to the rest of us! You had better not be from the US- or at least from the north
>>
>>1258627

That was the fate of serfs in every other Imperial and Monarchistic society,so what's the point of that statement?
>>
>>1258663
Peter ruined Russian economy for 150 years. Thanks to him there were not economically free people for development of capitalism in Russia.
>>
>>1256623
This. Also they provide a base for those who have no basic knowledge.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.