[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historical Figure you want a movie about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11
File: john brown_abolitionist.png (748 KB, 694x868) Image search: [Google]
john brown_abolitionist.png
748 KB, 694x868
Any historical figure you want a big movie about?
Any that you feel are underappreciated by the hollywood hacks?

Pic related is my answer. Violent abolitionist who was destined by god to overthrow the system of slavery. Supposedly wielded a scottish claymore in battle.
>>
Cyrus the Great.
>>
>>1256057

Willem van Oranje
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Silent
>>
>>1256057
>pro black abolitionist
>attack harper's ferry in an attempt to cause a slave rebellion
>kill a free black man and two slaves
>other slaves refuse to help him
>get destroyed by US marines

it'd be a pretty shit movie desu
>>
>>1256057
Otto von Bismarck

The last movie was a propaganda filled film in 1940 germany
>>
>He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart
>>
Jim Jones
Jonestown massacres
>>
File: nader shah charge.jpg (67 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
nader shah charge.jpg
67 KB, 750x500
>born a peasant
>dies a king who restored Persia's former boundaries

It would be good to show the effects of war in this as well. Like In Delhi when he almost got shot he ordered his men to loot everything.
>>
File: Khomeini_young.jpg (15 KB, 248x313) Image search: [Google]
Khomeini_young.jpg
15 KB, 248x313
>>1256057
>>
expanded the babylonian empire and wrote the first code of laws (besides the laws of ur-nammu)
>>
File: bismarck.jpg (240 KB, 734x1000) Image search: [Google]
bismarck.jpg
240 KB, 734x1000
>>
>>1256057
Genghis Khan

Born an orphan, built the largest continuous Empire the world has ever seen.
>>
>>1256400

Already made.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416044/
>>
James Wolfe
>>
File: Hernan_Fernando_Cortes[1].jpg (1 MB, 1580x1994) Image search: [Google]
Hernan_Fernando_Cortes[1].jpg
1 MB, 1580x1994
>>1256057

I don't think the current atmosphere is quite right for a terrorist biopic.

Pic related's life had everything a director could want and would be a spectacle to behold, but it'd need a massive budget to get it right and there's no chance of it happening with Mexico in its current state.
>>
File: 3c01695u[1].jpg (775 KB, 1064x943) Image search: [Google]
3c01695u[1].jpg
775 KB, 1064x943
>>1256473
>>1256473

the source material is excellent

>deals with omens, fate, religion, price of ambition, clash of cultures, "who's the real savage"
>features a lawschool dropout in Spanish slum with thirst for adventure and unwavering devotion to God
>ships with broad sails traveling the Atlantic
>landing at Yucatan and acquisition of Malintzin as qt brown strong woman translator and interracial love interest
>treachery from other Spaniards with attempted mutiny, Cortes' scuttling of ships to eliminate possibility of retreat
>alliance with local prince Xicotencatl who's pissed off at being subjugated for decades
>epic trek across jungle, valleys, and arid plains to a floating city on a giant lake
>human sacrifices, chinampas, jaguar warriors, gold, pyramids, and all that other cool aztec shit
>cultural chasm with potential for dark humor
>Montezuma as superstitious but thoughtful and indecisive leader manipulated by nefarious priests
>rooms full of gold, nighttime escape attempt turning into battle over causeway, massive siege with whole city razed

I feel like all of Mexico would go see it
>>
Baron von Ungern-Sternberg
>>
File: tmp_7354-Aldous_Huxley413837265.gif (3 MB, 1595x1987) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7354-Aldous_Huxley413837265.gif
3 MB, 1595x1987
>>1256057
Would watch a well made documentary or one of those Hollywood"real life" stories kinda movie about him
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 196x216) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31 KB, 196x216
I just think Bajiquan is sadly underutilized in Martial Arts movies
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.