[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw something on Facebook that made me a bit confused,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I just saw something on Facebook that made me a bit confused, /his/ can you help me understand it? I saw a post slandering politicians and in the comment section there was a feeble attempt from one side that tried to present itself as an actual argument. What really got me about this was that they said and I quote, "We are headed to a true civil war where blood will run in the streets over bullshit arguments like where this could be heading." By saying that we're heading to a "true civil war" are you saying the one that happened two whole centuries ago didn't matter? I mean, why say that at all if there was a true civil war that happened where actual people died and suffered as a result? Did you not pay attention in U.S. history when you were school, did you not care, why say something like that if you went through a public education system that required students to learn about american history and events of the past in our nation that include such topics? It doesn't make sense, unless you somehow forgot that such a thing happened, you weren't paying attention to what you typed as you were fighting the democractic party because we aren't a democracy, you really believe that Trump will save us from this "impending societal destruction" that either Hillary or Snaders will cause, or if you wanted to deny the events of the past. Just super saiyan.
>>
Who knows what goes on in the head of some average bozo, as if everyone on Facebook has some real, legitimate point? I will tell you this, the USA is fine as it is and if some stupid redneck revolution starts, or dindu or whoever else, I'll be on the side happily restoring order, so intelligent people can make appropriate decisions and changes while cooler heads prevail. You don't fix shit by killing people. You fix shit by talking things over and dealing with the results.
>>
Shit, if that's all it takes, then might as well do something about it when possible.
>>
>>1252332

The US civil war had standing armies and only two of them

Many other civil wars have multiple factions and more irregulars hiding in mountains and forests than actual soldiers in uniforms
>>
>>1252344
>>
>>1252406
I'll punch some loud fucker in his retarded monkey grill for saying shit that works up people in a crowd into a riot. Fuck your right to free speech, I'm not the USA government and I have bail money.
>>
>>1252386
What about militia?
>>
>>1252332
>We are headed to a true civil war

The claimant is seeking to distinguish their claim from previous, inaccurate claims about an imminent civil war. No claim about the American Civil War is intended.
>>
>>1252332
Sure, the US is the next Syrian civil war.
>>
>>1252406
The dog is right though you fucking memeposter.

>freedom of speech only applies to stuff I approve of

The fuck out of here
>>
>>1252332

You're massively over thinking this. It sounds like they mean an actual civil war with violence and bloodshed, rather than how "civil war" is used in Western countries today, namely a melodramatic term for a big political argument.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.