[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why were Russians barely credited in ww2 yet they wiped out more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: _88005835_angryamerica.jpg (45 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_88005835_angryamerica.jpg
45 KB, 660x371
Also how come uk and usa got some much credit in the more for not doing too much
>>
>>1249377

Barely credited by who?
>>
>>1249377
Because they got real twitchy after the war ended.
>>
Because of anti-soviet propaganda of the cold war.
>>
>>1249377
Because Saving Private Ryan is about the D-day landings

No one in academia ctually thinks Russia was barely involved.
>>
>>1249379
just in general,never really said any thing in schools much treated like smaller country's like France etc
>>
>>1249392
Probably because schools are only interested in teaching general histories related to ones country.
>>
Because Russia's strategy wasn't heroic or even good.

It was basically someone who punched in the Konami code and bragged about beating the game. Want to impress someone? Use strategy and actually fight better.

The US kicked ass. Russians just ran a cheat code essentially. Didn't Germany kill like 50 men to everyone Russia killed? I hardly call that something to brag about.
>>
>>1249444
4/10 got me to reply.
>>
>>1249444
but the US did not come into the war later on and had normal trade off of 1 German for 1 american
>>
>>1249444
>muh K/D ratio

Are you twelve?
>>
>>1249454

>had normal trade off of 1 German for 1 american

Not the guy you're responding to, but that's simply not true. America's worst sub-theater in the ETO was Italy, and there they were getting 5 Germans for every 3 guys they were losing. Elsewhere, it was far more lopsided in their favor.
>>
>>1249444
> The US kicked ass
> doesn't even fought on its own land
That was basically playing on very easy mode.
>>
>>1249455
It actually is a relevant indicator of generalship.

Especially if it means you lose an entire generation of men, like the USSR did.
>>
>>1249520
Literally the opposite of true.

Source: do you realize what a bitch the battle of the Atlantic was?

Do you realize what a bitch it was to get a foothold in Europe?

To build a working logistics chain?

If the US could just roll tanks out of the factories into the theater, like the Russians could, the war simply wouldn't have happened, because it would be suicidal.
>>
File: communism.png (30 KB, 533x330) Image search: [Google]
communism.png
30 KB, 533x330
>>1249377

>Notice me America!

We gave you guys a Jude Law movie, now fuck off.
>>
>>1249377
muh ideology
>>
>>1249377
by who?

ever since the end of the cold war, europe and any anti american cuck has been a huge revisionist. they now claim it was all the soviets and the americans did nothing and didn't even fight till the end.
>>
File: 1456178549605.webm (611 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456178549605.webm
611 KB, 1280x720
>mfw someone says Zhukov wasn't the best general of WW2 near me
>>
the USA fought on every continent across battlefields thousands of miles wide, cordinating the defense of itself, the support of its allies, and millions of men on the opposite side of the planet

the soviets went in one direction on their own continent
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.