[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meta discussion, mods please read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: download.png (497 KB, 434x554) Image search: [Google]
download.png
497 KB, 434x554
Can we get rid of religious shitposting? Is there any way to reduce the amount of "DAE le Christianity?" shit being posted constantly? I know it's abolished because they're unflappable and respond to serious questions with "no because Christ is Lord" and make their own threads about religion but never respond when people don't take the bait.

It's ruining this board and it makes it all the more obvious this board is where /pol/ comes to troll. Pic related its my utter disgust at you fucking plebs shilling your prophets constantly with no regard to historiography.
>>
File: 1461266909305.jpg (1 MB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
1461266909305.jpg
1 MB, 3508x2480
>>1242122
>with no regard to historiography
Reminder that the Gospels were written before AD 70.
>>
>>1242151
They have a goal other than to record history, therefore completely unreliable. Useful for seeing what Christians believed/how they changed Judaism to appeal to Greeks more.
>>
>>1242170
>They have a goal other than to record history, therefore completely unreliable.
That's not how it works.
>>
>>1242170
>changed Judaism to appeal to Greeks more
this meme needs to end
>>
>>1242176
Would you use propaganda as a source of chronology? Essentially any holy book is propaganda *for* that religion. People who treat it like an independently verifiable source without question or use of any other source making claims of supernatural shit are what bugs me. I think the OT is pretty cool and chronicles some cool (independently through corrobration) stufd, and I think Jesus was a righteous dude who had some cool philosophical ideas. But you can't make every fucking thread about the belief that he did supernatural shit.

This ruins the board.
>>
>>1242186
Are you not aware of all the ecumenical councils called for just this purpose? In not saying Jesus wasmt a guy but they obviously altered/relaxed aspects of Jewish law to get more followers.
>>
CHRIST is LORD
you will BURN in HELL if you DENY his WORD

THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH

SUBMIT to Christ
SUBMIT to LORD
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.