[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historically, religious people have been able to interpret everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: religions.jpg (72 KB, 596x600) Image search: [Google]
religions.jpg
72 KB, 596x600
Historically, religious people have been able to interpret everything and the opposite out of their religious texts. So far, the only way to make people agree on a specific interpretation was violence (by the state or by forces outside of the state).

Without a monopoly on violence you get thousands of sects and cults who can't agree on a single thing and, worst case scenario like after the west bombed the governments of Hussein, Gaddafi away, kill each other because of it.

This is why religious people always need violence (either by the state who punished blasphemy or, if that fails, non-government violence).
>>
>christianity green
>islam yellow

triggered
>>
>>1232025
I know Islam should be green but what colour should Christianity be?
>>
>>1232032
red for blood
>>
>>1232025
>judaism isn't yellow as the color of gold
>>
>>1232055
this
>>
>>1232063
think it would more so be yellow for Plato's foreskin
>>
>>1231998
I agree with what early church fathers and saints over 2000 years wrote about scriptures trough Holy Spirit, not trough violence.

But sure that takes being member of the one true church - the orthodox church.
>>
>>1232025
It's on a gradient scale with the most prominent religion at the top.
Buddhism should be kasaya orange
Hinduism should be bindi red
Judaism should be gynocratic pink
>>
>>1231998
> So far, the only way to make people agree on a specific interpretation was violence (by the state or by forces outside of the state.

This is a pretty lame understanding of history.

>Without a monopoly on violence you get thousands of sects and cults who can't agree on a single thing

How is this the case with Hinduism, Buddihism, Taoism, Confucianism? You could also argue that Protestantism agree on many things.

>This is why religious people always need violence
Baby's first realization that violence is present in most parts of history? Why it's not like it's natural or anything, better blame religion. After all I'm pretty sure all religions of the world spread exactly the same way that Catholicism did!
>>
>>1232134
>You could also argue that Protestantism agree on many things.

Wut?

Protestants can't agree on shit, it's literally millions of different sects and cults, one of the reason why "ecumenism" with the Catholic Church is so difficult: there are just so many different protestant cults to talk with, some of them crypto-atheist even.

And Eastern Religions have spread just like monotheistic religions. It's just western liberal hippies in yoga pants who believe they spread through love and peace.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.