[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ugh history is the least important (core) subject >omg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1443169261873.jpg (6 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
1443169261873.jpg
6 KB, 180x191
>ugh history is the least important (core) subject
>omg its so boring itll never make me money either
>why do I need to know this? Ill never use it
>who cares about the past all that matters is the present and the future

How do you respond to this? Or "history is useless to know" in general
>>
File: Xoh3CiO.png (7 KB, 89x101) Image search: [Google]
Xoh3CiO.png
7 KB, 89x101
pic related
>>
>get rich
>pay attractive women to fellate you

You will not be punished for your anger. You will be punished by it.
>>
it is useless. knowing the past doesn't mean anyone will go out of their way to repeat it. with that said, it's a mark of the ignorant to know nothing about history.
>>
>>1231602
Knowing your shit in history help understand how things ended up this way nowadays, and how they could turn out in the future. I put this in broad terms but by "things" i mean society issues, foreign relationships, cultural movements, economic phenomenons on the long term, maybe even science (can't find an exemple there, because scientific discoveries are much more unpredictable), and the list goes on.
>>
English is more useless
>>
File: largeDtz-05 Safe Harbor.jpg (66 KB, 610x379) Image search: [Google]
largeDtz-05 Safe Harbor.jpg
66 KB, 610x379
>>1231602
>omg its so boring
there's all kinds of weird-ass shit that goes on in history. It's interesting as fuck.
Of course some people find certain periods of history more interesting than others
>why do I need to know this?
you don't, but people will think you're a dumbfuck though
>all that matters is the present and the future
how are we supposed to know where we're going if we don't know where we came from?
>>
>>1231634
All of my this.

>literally anyone worth a damn reads on their own
>everyone has analyze Shakespeare on the taxpayers dime because retards refuse to learn

Really, lowest common denominator is the cancer of the educational system.
>>
Oy voy the goyim know about our world ending eye color schemes
>>
Is there a reason to learn history over any other subject?
>>
>>1231696

it's easy as fuck

literally the easiest subject at school and at any college

that's why i chose it and got a PhD in it

if you're not making straight A's in your history classes you're literally retarded (like Down's syndrome or Kleinfelter's retarded)
>>
>>1231767
>PhD in history
Do you have Dr.Anon on your Starbucks nametag?
>>
>>1231793

i'm teaching history classes at a college as adjunct faculty.

so I actually get paid less than minimum wage, and without any benefits like insurance or whatever.

that's the thing about studying history - it's easy as fuck, but there is no money in it.
>>
Because retards see education as either a job certificate or something to practically use. All this shit started when we started broadening out education to plebs who had no concept of the value of arts and the humanities and saw getting a degree or high school education as merely a stepping stone to earn money.
>>
>>1231602
Those are all perfectly valid points though.
>>
>>1231843
t. Kanye West
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.