[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this guy screw up so badly thinking he could go up against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Lopez1870.jpg (17 KB, 220x355) Image search: [Google]
220px-Lopez1870.jpg
17 KB, 220x355
How did this guy screw up so badly thinking he could go up against three nations at once?
>>
Megalomaniac for sure, also unskilled at diplomacy
His father told him not to "solve things with the neighbors using the sword"
>>
>So I told Lopez to attack 3 countries and he actully did it LMAO

The maddest of madmen.

Too mad to be kept alive.
>>
>>1227236
Didn't he have a bigger army at the start of the war than all three nations around him combined, couldn't he have used it more effectively?
>>
>>1227221
he counted on winning a few argentinian provinces and Uruguay to his side, also to make an alliance with Rio Grande do Sul separatists. It was a risky bet and he lost.
>>
>>1227251
yes he could have, but for some reason he was obsessed with taking Mato Grosso
>>
>>1227261
Should he have commited more troops to taking Uraguay from the Brazilians rather than trying to invade Brazil then?
>>
>>1227267
yep I think he should have done just that
Secure the Misiones first, separate Argentina from Brazil and have a direct bridge to Uruguay
>>
>>1227277
also he should have tried to get more cavalry
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.