[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /his/ consensus about History Buffs? I think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: photo[1].jpg (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
6 KB, 100x100
What is /his/ consensus about History Buffs?

I think it's generally a good chanell, however his Bravehearth review trigerred me. I know history was butchered on that movie, but it's actually a good and fun movie. On the other hand he says that 300 is great when it's really a fighting movie disguised has a an historic epic.

Oh, and his youtube intro is sick.
>>
He is decent as far as youtube "historians" go. The topic of his videos (movies) don't require a phd in history.

He also changed Cleopatra from black to yellow-whiteish in his intro.
>>
He is really fucking annoying. Still like his shit though.
>>
Well he's a perfidious Albion so I don't like him, but his videos are okay. It is interesting to see how the movies adapted history.
>>
>>1224499

> actually a good and fun movie

you can say that about most films that history autists throw shit fits overs
>>
>>1224587
They don't understand that movies need villains and heroes, and history don't have villains and heroes, it allways depends on what perspective you look at them. So no wonder they need to make history characters worse than the devil or better than a saint to make the movie work.
>>
>>1224587

yes, and braveheart really seems to get at SOME people

they just can't enjoy works of art
>>
I watched Braveheart again recently and it was a lot dumber than I remembered from when I was a kid. I don't even care about the inaccuracies, it was really stupid even treating it like a pure fantasy movie.

It was awesome when I was 12 though.
>>
>>1224714

I still get a good laugh when the poofter son's boytoy is tossed out the top floor of the keep
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.