[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people still say there was a genocide of indiands in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Savage_3_450.png (194 KB, 288x326) Image search: [Google]
Savage_3_450.png
194 KB, 288x326
Why do people still say there was a genocide of indiands in the US?
Also, why didnt Europeans get wrecked by diseases in the Americas as soon as they would land on American shores?
Or why didnt some of them carry diseases back into Europe causing huge amounts of casualties?
>>
>>1220175

Cause Spaniards used Caribean islands to acclimatize themselves to the New World.
>>
>>1220178
How would this work? You cant transmit antibodies....
Many would die of american diseases and those that would stay would be immune but the moment new people arrive they would suffer the same fate...or as soon as a carrier would go back to europe american diseases should spread among europeans killing them..

Perhaps American diseases were not as lethal because of the different living conditions of native americans and europeans..
>>
>>1220175
checkout this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEYh5WACqEk
>>
>>1220175
>Or why didnt some of them carry diseases back into Europe causing huge amounts of casualties?
they did t. syphilitic.
>>
>>1220222
Very nice, thanks.
>>
>>1220175
One reason why the natives didn't have their own version of smallpox to give the Europeans is because they were not a farmer or herder culture. In the old world there are stable animals such as a pigs, cows and chickens which people come into contact with regularly as opposed to the Americas where they only had llamas. Even domesticated pets work in a similar way. Europeans and other people from the old world were much more desensitized to disease caught from animals as opposed to the Mesoamericans.
>>
>Why do people still say there was a genocide of indiands in the US?

Because it was. Not that I care, I'm white. There were very very few Indians in usa and Canada (~7 million), and they were killed and driven off in conquest. It's a good thing from my perspective more land for my people. The us and canada are a beautiful and fecund land.

>Also, why didnt Europeans get wrecked by diseases in the Americas as soon as they would land on American shores?

They did. Many many europeans died.

However, we didn't experience the catastrophic death that Indians did, because we had many immunities from livin gb in close proximity with pigs, cows, sheep, chickens, goats, horses, etc for thousands of years.

There are only a limited amount of disease resistances on the human genome, so disease resistance is localized: one race does not have .ore resistances than any other, just ones that are more specialized to their area. But Europeans have had very good ones for dealing with disease around the world, lucky!

>Or why didnt some of them carry diseases back into Europe causing huge amounts of casualties?

Same as above. Many diseases also affected European crops/animals like the potato blight.
>>
>>1220175
>Why do people still say there was a genocide of indiands in the US?
There were obvious attempts to eradicate tribes from areas. The problem is the liberal edgy meme that the natives were like na'avi and relations between settlers natives was nothing but one sided genocide. Violence went both ways, many assimilated and some ended up owning land and slaves.

>Also, why didnt Europeans get wrecked by diseases in the Americas as soon as they would land on American shores?
The old world had a far higher denser population for far longer, more domesticated animals and more time to collect, spread and evolve diseases.
>>
>>1220175

There WERE instances of genocide against natives in the US, particularly in California where they even legalized Indian slavery to encourage miners and settlers to break up their villages.
>>
>>1220175
There was genocide. Why pretend it didn't happen?
>>
>>1220321
>Not that I care, I'm white. There were very very few Indians in usa and Canada (~7 million), and they were killed and driven off in conquest. It's a good thing from my perspective more land for my people.

Your time will come too don't worry.
>>
>>1220438
He doesn't want to have to deal with white guilt. Newflash, cumskins, you aren't responsible for the actions of anyone just because they share a similar skin color to you.
>>
>>1220321
>7 million), and they were killed and driven off in conquest. It's a good thing
edgy
>>
>>1220175

"Genocide" implies deliberate extermination. 95% of native Americans died, but it wasn't on purpose, it was just because of diseases, before we even understood how germs spread. The vast majority of natives who died never even met Europeans - the diseases spread first.
>>
>>1221129
>it was just because of diseases
suuuure
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.