[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we attempt to make some sort of ranking of conquerors based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: GenghisConquest.png (38 KB, 752x591) Image search: [Google]
GenghisConquest.png
38 KB, 752x591
Can we attempt to make some sort of ranking of conquerors based on the area they subdued?

Genghis Khan would be the number 1 by a distance (see pic related), having annexed an area of 24 million square kilometers. But after that it gets fuzzy.

Nader Shah's empire was 5.3 million square kilometers big.

Alexander the Great's empire was 5.2 million square kilometers big.

Tamerlane's empire was 4.4 million square kilometers big.

I can't find sources for the size of Cyrus' empire, but one shitty websites said it was also about 5.2 million square kilometers big.

Any others? Mahmud of Ghazni conquered a couple of million square kilometers himself.

What about Napoleon? Hitler? Any other lads?
>>
Persia had the largest empire by proportion of the global human population. I don't know anything about the blood thirsty conquerors who helped build it though.
>>
What about Cortes and Pizarro by the way? Any estimates?
>>
Victorian England was the largest by land area and population, but it wasn't contiguous.
>>
>>1215999
It was conquered over multiple centuries and hundreds of different "conquerors", so not relevant to the question
>>
File: 1463472498211.jpg (58 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1463472498211.jpg
58 KB, 500x651
>>1216005
>>1215968
>it's a Great Man Theory thread
>>
>>1215968
>based on the area they subdued

That's stupid. It should be based around population or, even better, % of world's population. Impossible to do here though.
>>
>>1216045
your mom is stupid

>Impossible to do here though

admitting your idea is stupid? noice
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.