[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up in 1912. What do you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 26
File: 4a24384a.jpg (1 MB, 3300x2555) Image search: [Google]
4a24384a.jpg
1 MB, 3300x2555
You wake up in 1912. What do you do?
>>
>>1205345
Assassinate the Kaiser and hope it only causes a dissolution of the Reichstag
>>
>>1205345
Assassinate Lenin and Hitler.
>>
>>1205345
Fuck my great-great-grandmother.
>>
>>1205345
Invent the nuclear bomb
>>
>>1205345
Level Vienna
>>
>>1205345

go live in switzerland
>>
"Realistically" and assuming time doesn't try to fuck you up like 22/11/63?
I'd say that you should try to stop WWI or at least try to avert rulers of its effects (which has some downsides: they would hardly believe you and if they did they'd try to maximise their chances to win rather than avoid it, they could imprison and study you, the war could be even worse)
>>
>>1205345
>invest in Ford Motor Co, General Motors and RCA
>Move to California
>Use my newfound wealth to influence the leadership of the world
>>
>>1205345
That photos from 1915 tho
>>
>>1205522
> you should try to stop WWI
It is like trying to stop meteor that killed dinosaurs because of all inertia that in play here. The best at that point is to try to prevent World War II.
>>
File: Nazi Will Be Back.jpg (124 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Will Be Back.jpg
124 KB, 500x553
> wait until 1913
> go to Vienna
> kill Hitler, Trotsky, Tito, Freud and Stalin
>>
>Twiddle moustachios.
>Replace lounging hat with formal hat.
>Step out-side, ogle ankle of passer-by of the fairer sex.
>Saunter round cobbled side-path.
>Hop onto old-timey bicycle contraption.
>Ride leisurely down the boule-vard.
>Stop at Doktor Bey's Chemist and Confectionery Shoppe for a ginger-root phosphate.
>Tip hat at gentle-persons in midst, engage in light banter of the day.
>Continue on way.
>Purchase new monocle.
>Return home.
>Play some vidya, fap to fake wincest.
>Consider the current year.
>Wonder why no gf, tfw.
>Finish off tendies reserve, cry self to sleep.
>>
>>1205345
Tell Hitler to not use the Jews as scapegoats. Use instead the Muslims and Gypsies. If WWII not be stop, at least we can soften the blow.
>>
>>1205345
Go to a city in the sky.
>>
File: 1461763287208.jpg (656 KB, 1024x1351) Image search: [Google]
1461763287208.jpg
656 KB, 1024x1351
>>1205562
Were they all really there simultaneously? That's crazy.
>>
Invest in weapon manufacturing. Cash out. Use profits to invest in real estate (with an eye for oil). Continue investing. Profit.
>>
>>1205345
Save Franz Ferdinand.
>>
>>1205345
Warn the world of the Eternal Serb.
>>
Invest in Coke, Ford, GM, weapons manufacturers and uses all the money to help prevent climate change and pollution. Essentially, introduce green energy and warn the world about the dangers of fossil fuels before it is too late.
>>
File: 1458317013935.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1458317013935.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>1205345
Lay down the foundations of quantum mechanics and have literally everything in quantum physics named after me. Maybe do some work in algebraic topology and differential geometry as well.
>>
File: 1346390058764.jpg (9 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1346390058764.jpg
9 KB, 252x221
>go to school for geology
>head to texas and then the middle east
>>
>>1205562
why freud man...
>>
invent memes
>>
>>1205345
Check my privilege.
>>
>>1205345
Impress everyone with my magical samsung galaxy s4
>>
do nothing to stop war, war invented all kinds of good tech stuff
>>
>>1205345
Assassinate the Austrian heir to the throne.

Oh wait.
>>
Combine Darwin with Mendel and become single-handedly responsible for the modern evolutionary synthesis, also jot down a double helix as b8.
>>
>tfw shitskin
I would stay inside and never look at white people
>>
>tfw black
Learn some German and make my way down to Switzerland. Hope they'll accept me. Try to write down everything I know. Invest in American industry.
>>
>>1208199
Your name doesn't happen to be Gavrilo is it?
>>
>>1208212
>>1208243
>tfw asian
we're fucked boys
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
Build a house in Montana and laugh to myself.

>Myson, the misanthropist, was once surprised by one of these people as he was laughing to himself. Why do you laugh? he asked; there is no one with you. That is just why I am laughing, said Myson.
>>
File: 1417989385869.png (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1417989385869.png
48 KB, 500x500
>>1205345
Assuming I actually have any way to influence anything and don't wake up the son of some impoverished factory worker...
>Go to France
>Convince military high command of the outdated nature of Napoleonic warfare and the requirements for a more defensive mode of warfare (citing the American Civil War as an example)
>Propose a new military doctrine where armored vehicles (which I hope I can inspire them to research earlier) lead offensive manouvres
>Tell them NOT to disband the defenses at Verdun
>Tell them to attack Germany as soon as Russia declares war on them
>Improve relations with Britain to ensure at least some support from their side

Hopefully the French will proto-Blitz their way to Berlin, annex the Rhineland (maybe Belgium too, maybe not) and ensure Germany will never rise to destroy the continent a second time.
>>
Realistically, Make sure to get myself in an "accident" sometime before 1914.

If I'm still in time I'd head to Bristol, tie up Captain Scott and sail the Titanic safely into New York.
>>
>>1208345
>convince the french
They persecuted a loyal soldier cause he was a kike. They won't listen to you.
>>
>>1208345
>Napoleonic warfare
Truly a shitty meme if ever there was one.
>>
>>1208360
The first border struggles had French soldiers in brightly colored uniforms marching forward in hopes of bayonetting the enemy. They learned their lesson very quickly but imagine if those border struggles had been different. If the French had won there, then the trench stalemate would've happened near the banks of the Rhine, not a few kilometers off Paris. This alone would put France in a stronger post-war position to argue for the dissolution of Germany.
>>
>>1208388
I can't deny the incompetence and lack of preparation of the French army at the start of the war and never would I in all my years of life. Napoleonic it was not though. Europe largely reformed away from the Napoleonic style of warfare after the Crimean War. Doesn't excuse the travesty that occurred but the French army in 1914 and 1814 were vastly different enough that describing it as "Napoleonic" is just plain terrible.
>>
Tour the Rhine and appreciate the nice shit that's going to get totally shredded in a few years.

Write a bunch of essays laying out how WWI is going to go down. Wait for the war to end and fling shit saying "I told you so" hoping that I get a comfy advisor job or something.

Send a letter to Ludendorff telling him to fill that sealed train car with mustard gas. And not to attack the Americans because the Russians are about to fold.
>>
>>1205345
>invest etc.
And do my damnedest to develop penicillin.
>>
>>1205345
Kill the Archduke before Gavrilo, preventing WW1 from happening
t. genius
>>
>>1208846
hahahahah as if that would prevent ww1
>>
>>1208345
Why do people genuinely believe that WW1 was fought with napoleonic tactics. They never lined up and fired in volleys..
>>
>>1208345
Dude there were at least 100 different reports suggesting all you are suggesting in the years 1904-14. The General-Staff was just a bunch of old cunts who refused to listen.
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k8414037
This one for example points out all of the stupidities and anachronisms of the French uniform and why it would be deadly to go to war like that.
It was published in 1903 and nobody at the GQG batted an eyelid about it and discraded it.
>>
>>1208876
>It was published in 1903 and nobody at the GQG batted an eyelid about it and discraded it.
Fucking hell. Between that and entirely ignoring De Gaulle in the years leading up to WW2, the fuck was wrong with the French military in the early 20th century? Only Italy's high command went more full retard.
>>
Some studies actually suggest that wearing tunics/kilts is better for men, as the lower temperature increases sperm production.
http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/wear-kilt-increase-sperm-count
>>
>>1208334
1912 is still ok for you guys you should start thinking about an alibi why you are there around the 30s at last or gotta get away from europe asap.

A chinese community survived in Berlin until the 40s until they got purged due to fears of double alliances to commis and xenophobia reaching new heights.

Expect lots of stares.
>>
>>1205700
Before WW1, Vienna was pretty much the intellectual capital of Europe, and by extension, the world

Vienna really declined since then
>>
>>1208941
Vienna? Over Paris or London? Maybe it's because I have the detriment of hindsight and knowing how Austria ended up, but I assumed Vienna wasn't such a big deal after the HRE collapsed.
>>
>>1208895
Whoops, wrong thread
>>1208892
Well it wasn't a French-only problem (Germans and Russians had similar problems), but yes the French GQG was retarded when it came to land warfare (they were pretty competent navy wise though
There are different reasons for this.
Basically when academics say that at the start of WW1 France used Napoleonic warfare, they obviously don't mean that soldiers marched in tight ranks or anything like that (as pointed out by another anon that style of warfare was RIP by the time of Crimea). What they mean is that from a strategic mindset France was still very Napoleonic. Official doctrine and military universities were all adamant on the "offensive à outrance"/"attaque permanente" mindset being the only correct one. I'd translate this as "permanent offensive" or something. The basis for this strategy is actually very sound. By constantly maintaining an offensive attitude you force the enemy into a defensive mode. Thus you now have the upper hand because you can decide when and where a "breakthrough" offensive will be, thus giving you the operative advantage. The enemy is forced to defend on all fronts while you can concentrate your troops on a specific location, allowing you to bulldozer them.
It's a strategy that was very efficiently used by Napoleon and became the standard French doctrine until WW1. The only professor from the Military University that was always critical of this doctrine ore-1914 was a certain Petain...
So the French Army was geared and prepared in the mindset of this "permanent offensive" strategy, and what was done was done brilliantly. For example the light field artillery (Cannon de 75 mm) wasatechnological wonder that could easily match and outmatch whatever the Germans threw at them. The gun's hydraulic system, light casing, smokeless gunpowder and compactness made it a brilliant field gun that was tailored to the demands of an offensive, quick and mobile warfare style.
cont.
>>
>>1205559
So prevent the economic crash. I don't today we even know how we could have stopped it completely
>>
Make Atlantropa happen.
Hillarity ensues.
>>
>>1208957
vienna was hugely important for the modernist movement, at least as culturally influential at the turn of the century as Paris, and surely a lot more culturally important than London (London was never very culturally significant during the majority of the 20th century)
>>
>>1205700
Lenin and hitler were also both in fucking LIVERPOOL england for a while, while hitler was staying with his...uncle I think? It's even crazier because I;ve seen the sites where they were staying, and the distance is like a 5 minute walk. They almost certainly ran into each other at some point - same pubs, maybe, library.
>>
>>1209038
Both have never been there. Urban myths. It is however true that Hitler had british family, and one nephew of him served in the english marine during the war
>>
>>1205345
Claim to have exhaustion and weird dreams become an eccentric writer
>>
>>1205345
Head on down to the local pharmacy for some cocaine, heroin, and meth.
>>
>>1209045
*american navy, I need to correct myself on that
>>
create the computer and then internet, then i would go back to the future and buy a flying car or something
>>
>>1205345
I'd probably "invent" the assault rifle based on the AK and set up shop in a neutral country, making a Krupp-tier fortune selling it to both sides when WWI starts. Finally all that time on /k/ pays off.

Provided the Russian Revolution still happens, I'd probably spend billions trying to suppress communism. Maybe bankroll Baron Sternberg's revived Mongolian empire.
>>
File: 11112015194.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
11112015194.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>1205345
Get drafted and fight the turds, serbs, greeks, romanians and monteniggers at the same time.
If constantinople falls, fight the eternal anglo as well.
>>
>>1205345
>"Yes, is this the United States Patent Office? I'd like to drop some patents please."
>>
File: periodpistols.jpg (159 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
periodpistols.jpg
159 KB, 800x611
>>1205345
Oh man, I fucking love the Pre-WWI 1910s. Assuming my savings aren't adjusted for inflation.
>Buy nearly everything in pic related
>Buy a Ford Model T
>Invest in radio manufacturing
>Visit one of the German colonies before they get handed over to the Allies.
>>
>>1209732
>hating communism
>wanting to copy a commie-designed rifle
I hope you see the irony in your plan.
>>
File: 393785.jpg (71 KB, 724x680) Image search: [Google]
393785.jpg
71 KB, 724x680
>>1205345
Assuming i have some cash, the needeed paper etc. so the prussian bureaucracy doesn´t assrape me on the spot i probably would try to influence the german military to abandon the schlieffen meme and adopt stoßtrupp tactics and armored vehicles early on so that they win ww1. Thus preventing WW2 and creating a stable europe.

>>1208345
Seriously despite all of your brainless anti german shitposting (not like the french did the best they could in aiding revanchism and nationalism in post WW1 germany) your idea is the quickest way to a stagnant europe quickly loosing its relevance.
>>
>>1210110
>defeating communism with communism
pottery
>>
>>1205345

Patent Post-it notes, relocate to California while it's cheap and buy a mile of beautiful coastline to build my mansion on.
>>
>>1205345

somehow(and i haven't reallt thought this through) persuade the powers that be in germany and A-H that a customs and economic union within europe would be an excellent way of allowing locals to exercise power within their communities while pooling sovereignty as a means of counterbalancing the zombie giants to the east and the eternal anglos to the west.

i would suggest initially starting with creating a single market for coal and steel, perhaps also including the benelux countries and perhaps france, if they're prepared to hold back on the revanchism from 1870.

i'd also be peddling the idea of federalism for the dominions and the home countries in the british empire.

both of these things were thought of but i'd basically set out exactly why these things would be a good idea (i.e. no rattenkrieg or trench warfare)

to the czar and sultan of the zombie giant empires, i'd be showing them the chinese miracle and tell them that while it's probably too late, they may still be able to avert the complete destruction of their empires if they deliver economic prosperity as an alternative to self determination.
>>
>>1208015
His nephew in America took his theories and invented Public Relations, which was another term for propaganda.
>>
>>1210233
Reminder that the annexation of A-L was a giant meme pushed forward by Prussian ultra-nationalist. Most Germans were against it, Bismarck was against it, everyone in Alsace-Lorraine was against it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saverne_Affair
http://www.nithart.com/deputes.htm
>>
>>1210151
>a nice and quick war which France wins: bad
>a nice and quick war which Germany wins: good
Do you have brain damage?
Also I would take the humanist French republic any day over the autocratic military-run shithole that was the 2nd Reich.
>>
>>1205345
Find and kill Gavrilo Princip, steal his identity and then wait 2 years and kill Franz Ferdinand.
>>
>>1210317
>comparing france and the second reich in a victorious WW1 situation
>not realizing the inevitable trend of germany dominating europe due to population and economic and beeing a rising nation in 1914 not a stagnant one like france
WEW LAD

Seriously we have pretty good indicators what would happen if france would win a nice and clean victory. The same military/socially stagnation that befell them in OTL would set in probably. They would create a permanent cause of unrest and instability with annexations in germany (no USA to moderate this), the balcans still would be the giant shitshow because fuck A-U and tsarist russia surely would be nice and stable after a quick victory right senpai?

Also: Educate yourself shitlord, the 2nd Reich of course was autocratic to a certain degree , yes BUT they also were pretty progressive to some extent (civil law etc.) while with a french domination we all would enjoy a good ammount of good old directisme.
>>
>>1210379

Babby tier.

>>1205345

Find and kill Franz Ferdinand, steal his identity and then wait 2 years and kill Gavrillo Princip.
>>
>>1210317
Also look up the fucking instability that plagued the french before and after WW1. Given the sources of instability france would have to adminster i seriously doubt that it would be better in your proposed le ebin humanist france victory.
>>
Dress up as some ancient oracle while wearing that meme horse mask.
I start to spout everything important that will happen in WW1 and WW2, but instead call them "The War of Cunts" and "The War of Dicks" respectively.
>>
File: 743218997495.5f.jpg (96 KB, 366x323) Image search: [Google]
743218997495.5f.jpg
96 KB, 366x323
>>1205689
fuck
>>
>>1210384
>>1210422
>They would create a permanent cause of unrest and instability
What? I know this is hard to comprehend with your servile germanic instincts, but electing people without meddling that forces a pro-kaiser supermajority, having artistic freedom (ie not forcing everyone to print in gothic like the LARPER sperglord Willy II was), allowing workers to strike and demand rights/better pay instead of squashing organized labour DOESN'T mean a country is unstable.

>the Balkans still would be the giant shitshow because fuck A-U and tsarist Russia
And Germany winning WW1 would solve this how?
Russia would be defeated meaning even more internal dissent for Nicky and A-H would still be around.
>>
>>1210384
>>1210422
>>1210469
Further on, Germany was the only unstable force in 1914
>pushing for war via A-H
>brutally oppressing the minorities, creating internal dissent
>trying to assert itself as a world power by doing edgy shit (Morocco)
>figuring out how to genocide people that hurt your feelings in Namibia

It's sad a bunch of reactionary memesters ruined everything for everyone in Germany. Pre-depression Weimar Germany actually proved that when power was left to a democratically elected government and the army was placated outside decision making positions, it could be a great nation on all fields
>extremely fast economic growth
>competent and corruption-less private sector
>made in Germany becomes a mark of quality
>booming cultural scene
>hotbed of modernist art
>instead of being edgy revolutionaries socialists form respectable (Christian or not) trade unions and guarantee quality jobs for everyone
>>
Invent computers.
>>1205469
you couldn't.
>>
kill myself because there's no Internet
>>
>>1210529
>>1210469
The only problems France had in the 1910's were absolutely minor
>young jobless parisians joining the Apache gangs
This was a very local thing that didn't impact much on anyone except real estate owners in downtown Paris since the Apaches weren't connected to any sort of black economy like f.e. Chicago gangsters. They were just young people that wanted to drink and brawl
>Breton people complaining about being oppressed
While they were indeed oppressed (I think France's treatment of minorities was really shit and Willy II-tier) they didn't really do much about it, outside of forming cultural clubs and printing their own newspapers
>railroad workers on strike every sunday
France has been experiencing this for about 100 years now - it never drove them to the brink of collapse
That's literally it, I can't think of any other instability plaguing France in the years 1904-14.

Yes of course there were parliamentary scandals, vicious inter-party denouncing, cabinet reshuffling, etc but that's not instability, that's just democracy at work. At no point did the Home Secretary's affair with an expensive prostitute negatively effect the average Frenchman's life.
It's also this free society that allowed for one of the best speakers and lawyers to come to prominence - Georges Clemenceau.
>>
>>1210535
>implying you could invent a computer
>>
>>1210535
>implying you know enough formal language theory to be the new Alan Turing
>>
>>1210535
>Invent computers.
The only semi-conductive elements used back then were whisker detectors, which are basically diodes.
>>
>>1205533
this
>>
File: 23500664.png (4 MB, 2000x1354) Image search: [Google]
23500664.png
4 MB, 2000x1354
>demand to speak to Wilhelm
>tell him that I am a German from 2016 and that we're in deep shit because of him
>slap him, wipe off the shit he has on his majestic table
>roll out some maps
>prepare sketches of tanks, jets, rockets, weapons, several kind of bombs, personal computers, binary system, satellites, mobile phones, drones, modern infrastructure, etc.
>invite Germany's best scientists and military leaders to a secret meeting
>show them my sketches and tell them that we have only two years to build this stuff or we are all fucked
>wait two years
>assassinate Gavrilo Princip per drone
>bomb England and make it sink to the ground like doggerland without declaring a war on them
>bomb the Eiffel Tower, make Paris collapsing into its catacombs
>tank divisions and jets fighting through eastern- and western Europe
>bomb Russian plastic towers, take Vladivostok
>occupy the US, deport Europeans back to Europe, Africans back to Africa
>German forces have now the mission to germanise Native Americans, Africans and Asians completely
>trigger a German baby boom through massive propaganda
>populate the rest of the world with Germans till 2016
>order restored.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>>1207541
Kek this guy gets it.
>wait until 1929
>short everything

Any other /biz/ time travel plans?
>>
>get influenza
>die
>>
>>1210784
>prepare sketches
>satellites mobile phones, drones,
>personal computers
HAHAHA

Nigga it was 50 years before anybody made integrated circuit.

also
>binary system
who is Boole?
>>
>>1210784
>>demand to speak to Wilhelm
>>tell him that I am a German from 2016 and that we're in deep shit because of him
Congratulations, you're now locked up in an asylum and treated as criminally insane.
>>>prepare sketches of tanks, jets, rockets, weapons, several kind of bombs, personal computers, binary system, satellites, mobile phones, drones, modern infrastructure, etc.
I hope you're a PhD'd engineer otherwise you're going to look reals stupid.
+ no rare earths so no electronics until you also magically invent how to reliably extract rare earths (hey if you're using applied heavy handwaveium at least do it correctly)
>assassinate Gavrilo Princip per drone
If you're German than this might be one of the most hilarious thing I read on this board. Always trust the Germans to needlessly overengineer the fuck out of everything.
>bomb England and make it sink to the ground like doggerland without declaring a war on them
>bomb the Eiffel Tower, make Paris collapsing into its catacombs
>tank divisions and jets fighting through eastern- and western Europe
>bomb Russian plastic towers, take Vladivostok
>occupy the US, deport Europeans back to Europe, Africans back to Africa
>German forces have now the mission to germanise Native Americans, Africans and Asians completely
Yes of course no way at all this would cause dissent in any shape or form, everyone will just bow to their Germanic overlords without twitching.
>trigger a German baby boom through massive propaganda
Ceaușescu tried it in the 70's, it bit his ass back in '89 when the disenfranchised baby boom generation captured and killed him on national TV.
>>
>>1205345
assassinate franz ferdinand :^)
>>
>>1210838
what country are you from? This is important.
>>
>>1210830
>>1210833
>Nigga it was 50 years before anybody made integrated circuit.
>no rare earths so no electronics until you also magically invent how to reliably extract rare earths
This is not my problem. It's the mission of those scientists to figure out how to do it. At least they would have lots of inspiration then.
>>
>>1210919
Ah yes I forgot that real life was like Victoria 2 when you just need to encourage intellectuals and research Phenomenology for that sweet +50% research boost.
>>
>>1210833
Ich glaube you are just choking on bait right now now, mein Freund.
>>
>>1210784
By far the most autistic post I've ever seen on /his/. Impressive
>>
>>1210941
>Ah yes I forgot that real life
Do you think I could just walk into the command centre of the German military forces and slap Wilhelm in real life? How can you be this stupid and take my story completely serious?
>>
File: 61215.jpg (23 KB, 460x251) Image search: [Google]
61215.jpg
23 KB, 460x251
>>1210469
>What? I know this is hard to comprehend with your servile germanic instincts, but electing people without meddling that forces a pro-kaiser supermajority, having artistic freedom (ie not forcing everyone to print in gothic like the LARPER sperglord Willy II was), allowing workers to strike and demand rights/better pay instead of squashing organized labour DOESN'T mean a country is unstable.

Ebin meme my dude, its really like the 2 reich was a totalitarian dictatorship with the spd beeing the majority faction in the reichstag and france was really stable before and after WW1. I am not trying to say germany wasn´t authoritian to a good degree but it would have democratized more over time. No France wasn´t unstable because it was democratic it was unstable because of a revolutionary tradition and massive internal instability. Read the history of the republic before and after WW1 my dude. With France beeing the principle power in europe there are more than enough hot spots to trigger instability in france. Also Decolonization is going to hit them regardless of how WW1 is playing out, maybe delayed but it is going to happen.

>And Germany winning WW1 would solve this how?
Russia would be defeated meaning even more internal dissent for Nicky and A-H would still be around.

If Germany wins any russian expansion towards europe is going to be impossible because germany would integrate ukraine etc. in its sphere. And why the hell would russia be defeated in the event of the entente winning WW1 nigga ? They would certainly annex some chunks of the reich and link whatever revoultionary infection russia breads in this TL (delayed but its going to happen) to germany/whats left of it and the balcans.

>>1210529
Nice revisionism. Culturally you are right. In every other regard weimar was an absolute shitshow. Riddled with coup de etats, revolutions street battles etc There was a little sweet spot but the HUGE reperations destroyed every chance of a successfull weimar
>>
>>1211026
... too much time spent on /pol/ I guess
>>
>>1211093
>it was unstable because of a revolutionary tradition and massive internal instability
What the hell are you talking about, pre-WW1 France was stable since the republicans squashed the Boulangist threat under president Carnot in the 1880's. Since then there was no noteworthy "instabilty" in the French Republic, outside of various scandals, but that happens in every non-totalitarian country with free press.
>Decolonization
Yes that's bound to happen somewhere in the future, but it'so far from the point of divergence there's no way to say how that would have happened.

>If Germany wins any russian expansion towards europe is going to be impossible because germany would integrate ukraine etc. in its sphere. And why the hell would russia be defeated in the event of the entente winning WW1 nigga ? They would certainly annex some chunks of the reich and link whatever revoultionary infection russia breads in this TL (delayed but its going to happen) to germany/whats left of it and the balcans.
And I'm supposed to be the reviosionist here? I bet you also think A-H would also just split up around 1919 even if there wasn't a war.
Russia falling to the Communist only happened because Russia was losing heavily against Germany and pointlessly throwing away Russian lives. Before ww1 most people in AH and Russia were ok with the establishment. It's when you start losing a massive war, start having terrible famines and become ever more oppressive because of the ongoing war that the average Joe turned against them.
If WW1 were to be a quick and relatively bloodless war, the revolution would have happened at least 10 years later and would be much more mild and Russia would become a bloated federal Republic or mildly authoritarian presidential dictatorship, not the horrible monstrosity that was the Soviet Union.
>>
Find Hitler
Kill Hitler
Assume his life so I can create the Holocaust and do it right.
>>
>>1211093
>Nice revisionism. Culturally you are right. In every other regard weimar was an absolute shitshow. Riddled with coup de etats, revolutions street battles etc There was a little sweet spot but the HUGE reperations destroyed every chance of a successful Weimar
1918-9 doesn't count as it was a shitshow of clashes and failed coups all over Europe. Also notice how I said pre-depression. Pre depression Weimar didn't have any street battles outside of 5 Comintern terrorist and the occasional drunk nationalist.
>>
>>1211257
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapp_Putsch 1920

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCstrin_Putsch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_Uprising

all in 1923, all of it combined with a lot of parties having armed militias and the occasional riot/ street fight

Since the 1930 you had a presedential dictatorship and in 29 the depression hits. Your timeframe is getting pretty thin there my dude.

>>1211208
>What the hell are you talking about, pre-WW1 France was stable since the republicans squashed the Boulangist threat under president Carnot in the 1880's. Since then there was no noteworthy "instabilty" in the French Republic, outside of various scandals, but that happens in every non-totalitarian country with free press.

>Just ignore the MASSIVE crisis only 15 years before our timeline my dude. Not like shit like this even happenend after WW2, i mean we are in the fifth republic right now my dude.

>I bet you also think A-H would also just split up around 1919 even if there wasn't a war.
Wat, my whole point all along was that with A-H beeing on the winning side the decline would be way slower and more orderly. Most likely leading to some kind of federal union/whatever.

>If WW1 were to be a quick and relatively bloodless war, the revolution would have happened at least 10 years later and would be much more mild and Russia would become a bloated federal Republic or mildly authoritarian presidential dictatorship, not the horrible monstrosity that was the Soviet Union.

I honestly think it was a different peace of cake with russia though. I mean i get where you are coming from with your argument but in my view russia was to underdeveloped for a federal republic to take hold. The "mildly authoritarian" dictatorship surely would have been aggressive after a short and blodless WW1 because why the hell not? War wouldnt have been as discredited. Also A-H would be ripe for the taking at some point and Panslavism
>>
>>1211422
would have lead to some clash over the remains.
>>
Die of disease.
>>
Bring us the girl, wipe away the debt
>>
>>1205345
1912, huh. Probably rescue the guys on the Titanic and then prevent Girl Scouts from being started.
>>
>>1208851
He's thinking of earlier war nonsense like Plan XVII
>>
>>1208967
>when academics say that at the start of WW1 France used Napoleonic warfare
academics don't say that
>>
>>1213589
Jean-Yves Le Naour does.
>>
File: pinoy.png (4 MB, 1220x1260) Image search: [Google]
pinoy.png
4 MB, 1220x1260
>>1205345
submit my ass virginity to the american colonial rulers.
>>
>>1210596
I sure do. I've been preparing for this shit all my life
>>
>>1207525
This
and invest in nikola tesla
>>
>>1205345
Die of some disease that still existed back then.
>>
>>1214354
Seems like a bad investment
>>
File: 001284.png (74 KB, 177x175) Image search: [Google]
001284.png
74 KB, 177x175
>all these people thinking they can just walk up to world leaders and talk to them, let alone convince them of anything

How do you even get past their security?
>>
File: nicholas_ii_family.jpg (137 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
nicholas_ii_family.jpg
137 KB, 550x380
Go to Russia to kill Rasputin as soon as possible in order to save pic related.

>>1205562
>Kill Tito

Tito was a good boy, he dindu nuffin.
>>
>>1214390
Showing off my phone would get me to places.
>>
>>1214390
Their security isn't that great.
t. Gavrilo
>>
>>1214390
Its just a more intresting topic than i buy x and go to y or i get raped by the authorities.

Also if you have the right gadgets with you why not ?
>>
File: 1464138334473.jpg (98 KB, 600x856) Image search: [Google]
1464138334473.jpg
98 KB, 600x856
Devoid of the moral constraints fettering most folk of the day I become a world class con man and international thief extraordinaire.

I also write down everything I know about the coming century and obfuscate the details into a book of poetry thus removing the need to have details or technical understanding of computers and so fourth whilst still making use of this general knowledge to become Nostradamus.

As the years go by and people begin to notice correlations between my poetry and actual events the fringes of society begin to view me as a legitimate seer and the first generation of the faithful is founded.

Once a large enough group of people believe that I have the ability to see the future, possibly a few well timed television appearances where I make predictions for some major events live, I can then begin to make shit up and have people believe that its destined to happen.

Given that at this point most people are ready to believe everything that I say, what should I tell people will happen by the year 2000 in order to change the course of history?
>>
>>1205345
honestly I'd give Germany blueprints to the ak47 and hopefully Willy wins the war
>>
>>1215398
Wow. I was just about to say the same thing except with the AR-15 instead.
>>
Bet on football games I already know the result of, get rich.

>>1214392
>implying Rasputin killed the tsar

You should stop watching Anastasia, anon.
>>
Call in a bomb threat to Gavrilo Princip's favorite restaurant.
>>
>>1215427
>>1215398

There's a book dealing with this, a bunch of South Africans time travelling to send AK47s to Confederate soldiers.

All in all it shouldn't help that much considering majority of troops always got killed by artillery.
>>
>>1214392
This, Romanovs did nothing wrong
>>
>>1215449
the advanced rifles should give them a significant advantage
>>
File: Smug Ethiopians.jpg (4 MB, 3024x1998) Image search: [Google]
Smug Ethiopians.jpg
4 MB, 3024x1998
>>1215398
I was thinking that. I would probably try and sell my product in Ethiopia instead. When those pastas go in there they won't know what hit them.
>>
File: nicholas-ii_2-t.jpg (60 KB, 220x302) Image search: [Google]
nicholas-ii_2-t.jpg
60 KB, 220x302
>>1215437
>Implying I implied that

Rasputin was one of the reasons that led to their downfall. Nicky was inept, sure, but allowing Rasputin to meddle in policy was one of the stupidest things he ever did.
>>
>>1215626
Well, you kind of right. But it would probably be better to kill someone like Lenin. There exists a huge chance that situation would be a shit with killed Rasputin because he wasn't the only one problem with Nicky.
>>
>>1210267
then kill his nephew, you wierdo.
>>
>>1205345
Assassinate the Archduke two years earlier
>>
I think I would try and get a job in Tin Pan Alley rewriting songs from the future.
>>
>>1205459
>killing people before they've done anything wrong

If you're that far back you can influence shit without going on a killing spree.
>>
>>1208028
And make sure to document them. So many memes have been lost to time.
>>
Freak out and get locked in a mental asylum and stay drugged up for female hysteria until I have a heart attack in my sleep
>>
make sure the Zimmerman telegram doesn't get intercepted
>>
>>1215477
No.

War is much more than small arms. Most nations had some form of battle rifle in the works or deployed anyhow.
>>
>>1205345
Visit the brothels of Paris, catch syphilis, invent penicillin before Fleming, make millions, move to Los Angeles, start a production studio, fuck starlets until I die a billionaire in the 50s, 60s or 70s.
>>
>>1205345
Cry because no internet.
>>
>>1205345
Kill Hitler, Lenin, Conrad von Hotzendorf, Rasputin, Enver Pasha, and maybe Franz Ferdinand so the serbs don't.
>>
>>1215863
>implying hitler did anything wrong
>>
>>1205345
>invent national socialism
>become the Führer
>don't invade Russia in the winter
>don't allow the British to flee unmolested
>listen to my generals
>actually gas Jews
>win
>>
>>1216081
>implying losing and soiling any potential existence of white pride for decades to come wasn't wrong
>>
>>1205345
>Invest in Ford
>Become mega wealthy
>Write "speculative fiction" but try to keep a moderately low profile so history isn't changed
>Modern society views me as a great prophet
>>
Use my ad-hoc knowledge to "invent" shit and live of patents
>>
Be thankful that I'm white and male
>>
>>1205345
See if Jack Marston is still alive
>>
>>1217660
>Be thankful that I'm white and male
I cringed
>>
>>1208040

>s4

You mean dissapoint them? Fucking pleb
>>
File: 1462969416322.jpg (24 KB, 496x818) Image search: [Google]
1462969416322.jpg
24 KB, 496x818
>>1215398
>>1215427
I think it would be way more useful to give them some dank high-end 1930/1940s industry etc. techniques and military strategies. I mean sure it would be nice from a military view point to have assault rifles but they have more than enough time to implement the future tech to really prop up their industry output have crazy alloys the others don't etc. Also i am not sure they would be able to mass produce aks in the early 20th century. Giving them general technology applicable to a variety of situations would yield a much better effect than giving them some specific military tech that was developed for a very different situation they maybe couldn't even mass produce.
>>
>>1215873
>female hysteria
Isn't that 1800s meme science? It wouldn't still be practiced in 1912.
>>
>>1215398
Why would you want the Central Powers to in the war?
>>
File: 1462681078439.png (307 KB, 453x577) Image search: [Google]
1462681078439.png
307 KB, 453x577
>>1219774
Why not?
>>
I guess having the Central Powers win is one way to stop Hitler.
>>
Make smug pepe mask, get it delivered, wear it to bed every night. When i go back to 1912 i wait until the hindenburg crashes and stand in the airfield for like 10 hours. I will leave an imprint on history.
>>
>>1215883
but the confederates didn't have one, neither did the union, and the rate of fire alone from an AK47 would provide an incredible advantage in the confrontations seen in the civil war, with rows of soldiers standing and firing on each other. if they took advantage of the range of an AK, which may or may not be significantly better than the rifles of the time (i really dont know, this is just a thought), then they would have an even larger advantage. artillery may have been the most important in the battles of the civil war, but a small arms advance like that might make enough of a difference to tip things
>>
>>1208895
why didn't I think of this?
>>
>>1210445
I don't get it
>>
File: 1463940393165.jpg (159 KB, 596x574) Image search: [Google]
1463940393165.jpg
159 KB, 596x574
>>1219804
Stop posting willy outside of /gsg/
>>
>>1205463
Chill there Mcfly
>>
>>1215863
Yes but what if by assassinating people, you cause somebody else to become an even worse dictator?
>>
>>1205562
Honestly you could just unload on a random crowd in 1914 Vienna and the world would be vastly different.
>>
>>1211422
why would an austro-hungarian dissolution be less bloody than yugoslavias?
>>
>>1210151
>not like the french did the best they could in aiding revanchism and nationalism in post WW1 germany

Educate yourself, versaille was more lenient than the treaty Germany imposed on france in 71, which france paid every franc of without the luxury of untouched industrial heartlands, AND 75% of it was written off.

The german crises came from germans being poor losers and refusing to accept the fact that they lost when they tried to continue the war by financial means, sinking their currency in the process. Once their economy was stabilized under Hjalmar Schacht, prosperity soared.
>>
I would invent Apple stocks.
>>
File: 1464230620320.png (124 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1464230620320.png
124 KB, 351x351
>>1220808
no
>>
I invest wisely and build myself a secure nest egg before the market collapses.
>>
File: fringe-september.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fringe-september.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
>wanting to change things
Pretty stupid idea, senpai. You won't have advantage of literally knowing the future. The best thing to do is to become rich as fuck and just observe history being made.
>>
Find myself homeless, as all monetary goods i have would be considered worthless, aside from a single half gram of gold.

Seeing as i would be located in Texas(assuming its the same place as right now) i would walk to the city center of my town, which was actually built at this time, and beg or find a job, and earn up enough money to get a ticket to the oil fields of Texas at the time. I then get a job there earning money on the oil drills of the time, probably for 10 years. If i dont get drafted in 1917(which i possibly would) I then move to Houston and attempt to open up a candy shop, as there will be a population boom after 1918, and i want to capitalize on all those children before the great depression. I also try and find a wife during these years, hopefully.

I invest in the stock market, and pull out everything in 1928, taking all my cash with me before the crash. I then buy hundreds of pounds of hard to perish foods such as beans and rice, and wait out much of the great depression, then I start buying up rubber tires before world war 2 starts, so i can capitalize selling people rubber tires on the black market at exorbitant prices.

I might also try to start growing sugar beets, and attempt to extract the sugar for sale. Assuming i don't get caught selling things illegally, i then, after the war is over, reopen the candy store and start selling candy to the baby boomer kids. I then invest in the stocks of companies who are manufacturing microwaves, Television, and the like to make money off of that.

By 1959 i would be 70, and i would retire.

Die probably by age 80, living the last few years cursing MLK and Rosa Parks, Hating on Kennedy to the day he dies, and hopefully visiting Europe a few times before it got enriched
>>
>>1214354
and kill Edison
>>
>>1214392
just a warning about bolsheviks and lenin to the zar should be enough
>>
>>1222878
and eat raw beef with a fuckton of jalapenos
>>
>>1205533
this. anybody that wouldnt invest to make themselves billionaires and live the rest of your life fucking models and educating yourself is a fucking fool
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.