[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Reproduction is the sole purpose of life. Do you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: sexual-reproduction.jpg (33 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
sexual-reproduction.jpg
33 KB, 660x330
>Reproduction is the sole purpose of life.
Do you agree?
>>
>>1197798
>life has purpose
kek
>>
Nah. I don't think that even is a purpose of life, just a necessity to its perpetuation.
>>
File: 1428422952189.jpg (6 KB, 109x126) Image search: [Google]
1428422952189.jpg
6 KB, 109x126
>>1197798
>Life has a purpose
>>
Life has no inherent purpose.

Reproduction is a function.
>>
>>1197798

life has whatever purpose you want it to have, because it's your life. No facts or people can tell you what the purpose is. If you want it to be reproduction, that's what it is.

But keep in mind humans evolved as pack animals, and many humans simply can't have children. They help shore up the numbers of the pack that don't have to take care of children, and who will stick around with the pack for longer since they have no children to take care of.

Therefore, reproductive dead ends in humans is actually a part of human evolution, as humans evolved as a pack, not as individuals.
>>
>>1197798

No.
>>
No

It's a biological phenomenon with no inherent "meaning" anymore than a lightning bolt has "meaning"
>>
>>1197798
You've just given conscious properties to an unconscious process. Stop with your religion.
>>
>>
>>1197863
Yes, because I'm a conscious observer and thus posses that capability. In a situation that lacks inherent meaning, I get to define my surroundings just as much as you do.
>>
>>1197798
Looking for purpose in natural phenomena is entirely absurd and illustrates many of the flaws in human reasoning and understanding of the world
>>
Disagree. Life has no purpose. :^)
>>
no, the sole purpose of life is to find purpose.
>>
>>1197798

Either this or nothing

Everything else is some bullshit contrivance of humans and we've been around fuck all in the scheme of things, whatever the purpose of life is, it's the same for us as every other living thing, just because we use computers and shit doesn't make us more important or mean we're endowed with a special purpose or a soul or whatever. We're only "more important" according to other humans.
>>
>>1197798
No, life has no purpose in itself.
>>
>>1197891
Reminds me of rural African tribes or the Etruscans

As if thunderclouds gather to fulfil their "purpose" of striking a tree, or water drowning a person
>>
Life is the sole purpose of life.
>>
>>1197798
>purpose of life
>>
>>1197923
wow that's so epic and deep how you like devalue everything you were taught in school wow deep

fuck off
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.