[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the most influential event of the 20th century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 620x330
Was this the most influential event of the 20th century?
>>
Hiroshima's nonexistence probably caused more fallout (pun intended and not intended) than archduke "excuse" ferdinand
>>
File: 1463503843106.jpg (267 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
1463503843106.jpg
267 KB, 639x960
>>1174432
The Death of Queen Victoria
>>
The bomb. There's no other answer. This includes all science that led to it, and it include all fallout since
>>
imo the invention of the internet is probably going to have the most significant historical impact in the long run. Not as iconic as violence, though.
>>
>>1174432
>>1174646
this. It made USA the "daddy" of the world until the URSS developed theirs and then it followed the cold war which influenced pretty much everything from 1950 till 1990

>>1174634
I think that specifically you refer to the fall of the British Empire. Victoria was good the first half of its rule but when he lost her shit she was absolute useless and literally was responsible for the loss of control of the crown over the day by day rule
>>
>>1174682
although it was invented in the 20th century, we had to wait for the early 2000's to see its major impact over daily life so i would leave it as a 21th century thing. Its like cars and trains, the first ones and prototipes where invented in 1790's yet they only had a meaningful effect on life only by the 1830's for trains and fucking 1930's for cars
>>
My Birth
>>
>>1174432
Yes.

Without the murder of Franz Ferdinand and wife, the first domino of the Great War doesn't fall.

Counterfactuals anybody?
>>
>>1174432
Post the version of the pic with the "Fursona". Gets me every time.
>>
>>1174836
But doesn't it really? The hawk faction in the A-H leadership was pushing for a war with Serbia, and most high ranking members of the power structures of Germany were the same with regard to Russia.
>>
>>1174634
>>1174695

The British Empire was at its height financially, militarily, and geographically during Edwardian times post WWI and long after Victoria was dead.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.