[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
daily reminder to do it for him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: jhr-5-234-mosley.jpg (55 KB, 415x553) Image search: [Google]
jhr-5-234-mosley.jpg
55 KB, 415x553
daily reminder to do it for him
>>
File: 1461688858289.gif (989 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461688858289.gif
989 KB, 640x360
This is the meme that keeps on memeing
>>
Britain didn't seem to buy the whole bunch of guys wearing strange uniforms marching around waving swasticka flags quite like the Germans did for some reason
>>
BEADY
>>
>>1174524
>>1174524
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that their country was run by a fat chain-smoking overweight pig-faced germanophobic maniac (who would rather burn europe down than let germany peacefully revise versailles, those were churchill's own words) at the time who imprisoned anyone even remotely suspected of harboring pro-axis thoughts

Take a look at the irish, they were much more reasonable under De Valera and almost joined the axis openly at some point in 1942
>>
>>1174530
ANGLO
>>
>>1174524
It was actually growing pretty fast until the war when fascism became unpopular for obvious reasons.

Also I agree with this guy
>>1174817
Churchill was motivated by economic reasons to engage Germany in war. He also fell for the 'balance of power' meme. This meme was held by most upper class brits with the idea that if continental europe remained cut up in to small parts with out one part (France, Italy, Germany,) etc getting hegemony Britian would have no threat at all.

However, whats the fucking point to defend the balance of power you wage war every few years?

Interestingly Mosley probably could have been PM if he stuck with Labour, though he wouldn't have done anything meaningful with them beside mainatin status quo.
>>
File: Mosley19.jpg (2 MB, 1399x2731) Image search: [Google]
Mosley19.jpg
2 MB, 1399x2731
>>1175156

I have a feeling that a Mosley premiership may have brought more change under Labour then one immediately assumes, if we also assume that Mosley's election as head of the party occurs in 1935 beating Attlee to the post thanks to Morrison and Greenwood further splitting the vote.

Not a fan of alternate history myself but what I can perceive is a possibility of Britain bowing out of the war in 1940, as historically Churchill only won a skim cabinet majority to continue fighting thanks to the backing of Attlee and Greenwood, and thanks to Mosley's own pacifist and isolationist streak his cabinet would likely contain his old Labour allies like John Strachey, Martin, the ILP, and even going and old allies like Bevan and Bevin respectively.

Without the support for continued fighting from the Labour members of the coalition, or even Mosley led Labour refusing Churchill's coalition overtures in 1940. The results of a British exit from the wsr being near on impossible to predict in thr long term.

Though if things do play out as normal with Labour winning in '45 I feel we'd be likely to see a longer lived Labour government than Attlee's 5 yesrs owing to Mosley's charisma and Oratory skills running in sharp contrast to Atlee's quiet humbled demeanour, though leading a conventional party would weakem what could ne done, other than the historical you could probably see the pushing of electoral reform in favour of a Proportional or mixed member system on a national scale, perhaps also signalling the end of Mosley's premiership due to such reforms weakening Labour and the Conservatives, with Mosley forced to resign as leader, voted out as leader, or losing to a Conservative led coalition.

Instead he shot his career in the foot in 1931, then blew it up entirely in '32, before shooting it once again for good measure in '34.

And then got to spend 3 years rotting in prison without trial for his mistakes; pic related:
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.