[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it ever happen that a noble would take a Pretty peasant female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Did it ever happen that a noble would take a Pretty peasant female and pay for her education and expenses and actually make her smart just to be with her?
>>
Why would he have her educated in things other than courtly manners and being a good wife?
>>
What happened more often were rich plebs marrying poor nobles. One did it for the title, the other for the money.
>>
>>1171482
>noble
No, aristrocrats know each other. You can't just take some pleb bitch because nobody in the rich club would know her and they will instantly know she's not one of them.
>>
>>1171492
Yes you are right. But nonetheless did it ever happen that a nobleman payed for education for his woman?
>>
>>1171508
I mean actual education...Not just being a pretty flower..
I mean, there were queens and shit...Didnt they get a proper education?
>>
>>1171482

What would be the point in keeping a peasant girl as anything but a mistress/concubine?
>>
File: Rosati_harem-dance[1].jpg (1 MB, 3000x1845) Image search: [Google]
Rosati_harem-dance[1].jpg
1 MB, 3000x1845
>>1171482

This is more or less what the Ottomans did with the Harem. They would bring in pretty girls from around the empire, educate them in the ways of the court and present them to the Sultan who could pick and choose which one of them he'd fuck on any given night.
>>
>>1171526
Thick
>>
He wouldn't want to marry her, since it would be morganatic and be illegal for any children by her to inherit his title, and even if he chose to marry her anyway, the Church would have to grant it, but he'd be ostracized by all his friends and family
>>
>>1171508
It would probably depend on women-to-women. I doubt most women of the time's dream was education, let alone most men. Their dream was probably better future and better husband/family. Education is most likely the eccentric's goal, if a noble choose an eccentric peasant woman as his wife and her goal was education, this would most definitely happen.
>>
>>1171561
>He wouldn't want to marry her,
Love makes people do crazy shit.
Excellent example: Franz Ferdinand
>>
>>1171564
But I am looking for a specific example...
>>
File: 1453999720471.jpg (323 KB, 2048x1433) Image search: [Google]
1453999720471.jpg
323 KB, 2048x1433
>>1171511
no idea, but the value of education depends of the time period you're talking about.
in the early feudal age, nobles couldn't give less of a fuck about culture and were pretty much just a bunch of apes in shinny armour training for the next battle in a permanent war

anyway... i doubt anyone would want to lose their time in such a gamble when they literally had a flock of vaginas waiting for them if they had the wealth and the status
>>
>>1171526
It's funny how Europeans thought the Ottomon harem was some sort of luxurious sex-dungeon

It was literally where the sultan's mother, sisters, grandma, wives, daughters, etc all lived

Most sultans were too old, too drunk, or too autistic with their hobbies to fuck the concubines. Many just sat around and looked pretty without ever having sex.
>>
>>1172131
I'm an ottomanboo but that sounds like a huge waste of pretty girls.
Aside from prestige why didn't they have a more compact harem ?
>>
>>1171526
Harems always looked weird to me.
I wonder how relationships between concubines were, there must have been ridiculous catfights and social warfare 25/8.
>>
>>1172265
You don't know the half of it

The Ottomon harem had more intrigue than the fucking sultan's court much of the time

Imagine how bitchy, catty, manipulative, and scheming high school girls are, then multiply it by 10000
>>
>>1172348
>Imagine how bitchy, catty, manipulative, and scheming high school girls are, then multiply it by 10000
Then again, that can get pretty damn fun too for males to watch. Especialy when you're the object of their scheming.
I mean as long as they don't actually kill each other. Or the kids. Did shit like that actually happen, outside of vying for the throne itself?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.