[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its That Time of the Week Again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: Hardcore History.jpg (580 KB, 3840x2400) Image search: [Google]
Hardcore History.jpg
580 KB, 3840x2400
Favorite Hardcore History?

I'm a sucker for Prophets of Doom
>>
wrath of the khans
>>
>>1164002
CAN YOU IMAGINE???
>>
>>1164002
I just started Prophets of Doom, I've gotten about 2 hours in. I love it. The Blueprints is one of my favorite series.
>>
Also do the survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ychvuni4QNl-4uBcyzaMFYGVqwqqj2ONtU1ICBarCUo/viewform#responses
>>
>>1164002
Judgement at Nineveh because it introduced me to the Assyrians, who are fascinating.

Thor's Angels which covers the vandal sack of Rome by Alaric, and then goes into the emergence of the Franks and Charlemagne. It is a dense four and a half hours with a lot to chew on.

Darkness buries the Bronze Age is an entertaining little half hour summary of the Bronze Age collapse. Generally his Bronze and Iron Age stuff is good IMO. Shields Of The West is another.

The current series King Of Kings series is ambitious in scale, digressive, and gossipy. I am enjoying it a lot,especially all of the anecdotes about the Assyrians, Medes, Persians, Babylonians, Elamites and Scythians.
>>
>>1164130
>The love of my life, the closest mankind has ever gotten or will ever get to 2D, the girl who never gave up hope for her country and her king, the girl who died because she was too pure, the Maid of Orleans, my waifu: Joan of Arc.
Kek
>>
>>1164130
some serious keks in here.
>All the people misspelling their "favorite" person or civilization's name.
>All the faggy meme's. Asking "what's ur fav meme?" you serious m8?
>The fucking amazing joan of arc answer. godspeed to that anon.
>>
>>1164002
Been listening to Ghosts of the Ostfront while jogging on the treadmill. Will probably start Prophets of Doom next.
>>
>>1164002
What was the name of the book that he uses for Prophets. The one that was written by the guy that survived it
>>
I feel like the WE WUZ meme is criminally underliked in this.
>>
I love the Apache tears episode. Poor injuns got dealt a bad hand.
HH means a lot to me. I had some hard times working at a dump. I listened to HH all the time and I reccommend it to most people
>>
>>1164085
BUT WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE???
>>
>>1164130
Man /his/ is way younger than I assumed
>>
>>1164002
>*whispers dramatically*
>>
>>1164582
>Anyone over 25
>on 4chan
>>
>>1164130
>all these fags getting upset over religion
>>
File: wayne brady upset.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
wayne brady upset.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>1164604
>>
>>1164608
How do you guys see the responses?
>>
File: 1462438390062.jpg (47 KB, 445x488) Image search: [Google]
1462438390062.jpg
47 KB, 445x488
I really liked the new ones, the ones available for free, but when I went and bought some of the old ones, I was a little thrown by all the silly little after effects thrown in.

Dan seems pretty even handed, but I still stay away from anything involving religion, although Prophets of Doom was pretty good and fair.
>>
>>1164649
Finish the poll and look.
>all these fags getting upset over people getting in fights over religion
>probably the people upset are redditors or faggots from /lit/ who don't like seeing people getting into a fight with each other
>>
>>1164712
*tips*
>>
>>1164748
How am I a fedora wearing faggot if I wanna talk about religion? It's fun. Are you telling me I can't have a goddamn discussion about Christ?
>>
>>1164760
>>
>>1164792
>no response
>>
>>1164604
>yfw /k/ has 60 year olds
>>
I'm a fedora atheist, but I can't act like religion isn't a valid field of study or belief. I don't know that there isn't a god, I just don't believe it to be so.

A few year ago though I would be a total dick about it. It's probably the kids that like the military stuff and memes they half get. I know I was like that.
>>
>>1164818
same with /diy/
>>
File: 20080217-zhengheship osu.jpg (23 KB, 319x201) Image search: [Google]
20080217-zhengheship osu.jpg
23 KB, 319x201
>>1164002
>Globalization Unto Death
Explorers finding "alien" cultures and the little anecdote about the chinese having massive exploration fleets that might as well have showed up in europe had the emperors sailed that way and put more focus on it is just endlessly fascinating to me
>>
>>1165012
That pic is pretty misleading though. Chinese ships of that era still had flat bottoms, a thing that size couldn't sail for shit, most historians think the biggest ships were just props, floated in a harbor to show off the emperor's might but. not meant to do jack. The actual ships were huge, just not that huge.
>>
>>1165192
I'm picturing one of these ships running into a serious storm.

It's like Titanic meets Perfect Storm meets those balsa wood airplanes I tried to assemble as a little kid and they always broke immediately.
>>
>>1165192
Also, is Columbus' ship really that impressive a metric?

I thought Santa Maria was just the largest ship he had, not that it was some grand, impressive thing
>>
>>1164021
yeah, this one was great on a long road trip
>>
>>1165192
>>1165196
yeah...the size of the ship does seem exaggerated, the fleet is said to have been great in number of ships though, as much as 300. Just compare that to Columbus 3 for instance kek.
>>
>>1164130
>There are 3 women on /his/
Show yourselves.
>>
>>1164130
I see Olgafag had to get in there.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160520-011759.png (126 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160520-011759.png
126 KB, 1080x1920
>>1164130
who is too retarded to make a proper age question? they overlap
>>
>>1164453

Now an actual waifu because JAPAN.
>>
POST YOUR DAN CARLIN IMPRESSIONS. GO!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kvYaTvmfCT
>>
Can we talk about some other history podcasts? Is there a good podcast that covers Greek history?
>>
Eh. I don't like opinions and garbage presented by yelling or retarded fratboy behaviour. Reminds me of American documentaries.

I prefer to read books or the original sources whenever I can. Why aren't you?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.