[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were the practical benefits of being the Holy Roman Emperor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: HRR_1789_EN.png (3 MB, 2650x2160) Image search: [Google]
HRR_1789_EN.png
3 MB, 2650x2160
What were the practical benefits of being the Holy Roman Emperor?
>>
File: 1463280226731.jpg (189 KB, 831x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463280226731.jpg
189 KB, 831x1000
>Holy
>Roman
>Emperor
>>
>>1159308
pussy
>>
your version of an abstract concept becomes the most relevant
>>
File: voltaire.jpg (5 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
voltaire.jpg
5 KB, 200x252
>>1159308
Emperor of what exactly?
>>
>>1159308
Same as being a royal today. Little tangible power, but you're always taken care of because your very existence is symbolic of something greater.
>>
>>1159308
>ywn own your own piece of land and war over others trying to make your clay the biggest
>ywn get married into a royal dynasty
>ywn get blessed by the Pope and try to spread the word of Christ in the land you claim
Hold me /his/, I just wanna own clay.
>>
So no one put any thoughts into it?
>>
>>1159308
More money
More soldiers
>>
>>1159308
Some of them included, but were not limited to:
Being neither holy
nor a Roman
Or an Emperor.
>>
Being emperor of the HRE was just de jure acknowledgement of your already existing hegemony over the HRE. Typically feudal lords of the largest empire would follow you to war unless it was unpopular
>>
>>1159308
Well the question's kind of meaningless unless you give us a time period you're looking at. The authority of the Emperor varied greatly over the years.
>>
>>1159936
that was not remotely the case.
>>
Gather troops, gather money, make laws.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.