[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this board (and in some degree the west in general) so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1463377379647.jpg (24 KB, 348x288) Image search: [Google]
1463377379647.jpg
24 KB, 348x288
Why is this board (and in some degree the west in general) so obsessed with Africa and black people??

Every time I come here there is always one of these threads:
>why Africa so shitty
>we wuz
>slave trade
>why is it so shit
>black ppl in x country/period
>>
>>1155911
Your idea of "obsessed" is any recognition at all. Stay mad polfag.
>>
american racial hysteria, can't be helped
>>
>>1156012
>Stay mad polfag

Pretty sure it's the polfags who are obsessed.
>>
>>1156012
how is he a polfag, he is complaining about polposting
>>
>>1155911
Africa is one of the seven continents on Earth. It's natural that people would be interested in African history in the same way some are interested in North American or European history. Anyway, there's usually only one or two threads about Africa up at a time countered to the 80 about "THE WORD BECAME MY ASS"

>why Africa so shitty
This is kind of an important question because Africa's economic growth is going to be one of the most important factors guiding global economic growth from now on.
>we wuz
Believe it or not, many people believe that afrocentrism is a legitimate school of thought, and even though uneducated revisionism is pretty droll for the intent of shitposting on an imageboard, Afrocentrist historians have contributed to our collective knowledge.
>slave trade
This was a major driving factor for the world economy for over 300 years. Not wanting people to talk about it on /his/ would be like not wanting to talk about the tech industry on /biz/. The ending of the slave trade is a major source of pride for the English, as well (whether or not this is justified is another question entirely).
>why is it so shit
I mean, this is the same question as the first, but I'm also going to say that African history 1890-present (which in studying you can find a lot of information about why Africa is so shit) is super interesting, and if you ignore it because you think it's "irrelevant" you're missing out on a lot of crazy shit.
>black people in x country/period
In the world we live, people make a lot of unsourced claims about things black people may or may not have done. Sometimes it's fun to turn to /his/ to confirm or deny.
>>
>>1155911

Its a response to black people claiming everyone important in history was black
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.