[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historical tv shows and films
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 23
File: TudorsPromo4-2.jpg (286 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
TudorsPromo4-2.jpg
286 KB, 500x376
What are you planning on watching, /his/? Gonna start pic related and Blackadder soon, hope they're good.
>>
>>1152614
The Tudors is good but don't expect historical accuracy. From the same dude involved in the one good Elizabeth movie and that one bad sequel.

If you're into interpretation of history on TV watch the Showtime Borgias and than the European Borgia. Its weird.
>>
>>1152624
HBO's Rome is my favorite, what would you recommend?

Also, why doesn't Byzantium or the HRE ever have any good movies about them?
>>
>>1152624

It's pretty accurate, granted he doesn't get grossly fat but there's no egregious history snafus.
>>
File: Agoraposter09.jpg (25 KB, 306x436) Image search: [Google]
Agoraposter09.jpg
25 KB, 306x436
>>1152629
Agora is good. Its set in Roman Egypt and is about a Lady scientist.
>>
>>1152652
I heard a lot of bad stuff about this actually. What makes it good?
>>
>>1152704
People hate it mostly for the left-wing circlejerk, Christians are ignorant fundalmentalists who kill jews and burn down libraries and hate women learning, stuff that isn't true and even atheist histories condemned. But it constructs the environment of Eastern Roman Egypt pretty good.
>>
>>1152704
Rachel Weisz in diaphanous clothes at the end of the day.
>>
They're all soap operas and boring.
>>
File: help.jpg (58 KB, 333x480) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
58 KB, 333x480
>>1152718
Wasn't Hypatia actually killed by fundies?
>>
>>1152652
>>1152704
In terms of historical accuracy it's complete garbage.
>>
File: Marco Polo.jpg (9 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
Marco Polo.jpg
9 KB, 190x266
So is this any good?
>>
>>1152862
Nope.

For one thing: Marco Polo wasn't that fucking important in the Yuan Court. Literally be a foreigner from somewhere very far away and you get the attention of the Yuan Emperor/Khan.

Since, you know, you could be dangerous.
>>
>>1152614

The Tudors is a pretty good introduction to the era. Multiple characters are combined intoone and some characters are flat made up, but the important stuff is there.

People sperg out because the costumes are more Elizabethan than Henrican but it does a really good job of showing how a guy can be an absolute monster, but people love him anyway.
>>
File: Sarah Bolger.jpg (103 KB, 980x1470) Image search: [Google]
Sarah Bolger.jpg
103 KB, 980x1470
>>1152614
Sorry I don't want to believe Mary Tudor was this cute.
>>
>>1152856
Yes, for her connection to the Roman prefect, because of a conflict between the prefect and the bishop. Not because of her science. And literally the opening scene of the movie is Christians burning the library of Alexandria, shit that literally never even came close to happening.
>>
>>1152862

The mongol court setting is prett damn cool.
Marco Polo as a character is personally involved in too many things, to the point that it bothered me even though I know nothing about the real story of Marco Polo.
Story is pretty neat but when battle scenes happen its clear that there is only 4 dozen people on both sides which ruins immersion.
Lots of sexy harem sluts.
It has the same thing that almost all Netflix originals have where there are obvious 'pilot characters' introduced so the makers can test the popular response to them and implement them in more episodes of people like them.
>>
Is there any historical tv shows/ films witch don't revolve around nobles and the higher class, but rather the life of everyday folks and peasants? Sorry if it sounds dumb because I don't really watch anything that much, but from what I've seen and heard it's only that.
>>
>>1152883

She probably was. It was that whole "cast aside from her birthright with the stroke of a pen because daddy wants to fuck around with sluts" thing that made her go a bit mental.
>>
>>1152892
Rome.
>>
>>1152892

Not really, because a show about everyday life is boring as fuck after ten minutes. Pillars of the Earth, MAYBE, for the peasant characters sections? Cadfael? But he's an ex crusader monk who solves murders.

There are excellent documentaries like Takes from the Green Valley and <time period> Farm though.
>>
File: Mary T.jpg (17 KB, 156x250) Image search: [Google]
Mary T.jpg
17 KB, 156x250
>>1152883
We do have paintings of young Mary Tudor you know.
>>
>>1152901

>Rome
>A series about Julius Caesar, his family and their henchmen
>>
>>1152912
Half the show is about Pullo and Vorenus, two plebeian veterans.
>>
>>1152939
Was Vorenus a pleb? I thought he just wasn't wealthy.
>>
>>1152939

And who do they work for?
>>
>>1152953
Everyone who isn't a patrician is a pleb, so like 99% of the population.

>>1152963
As butchers, traders, henchmen, criminals, pimps, tavern owners... it seriously changes like every episode.
>>
I know its based on a fiction book series, but was The Last Kingdom any good?
>>
Anyone here ever seen the shogun miniseries and would you recommend it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTGQffgifo
>>
>>1152980
It starts of well but ends up in a horrible mess with the main character being an edgy gary stu.
>>
>>1152977

Not WHAT do they do, but WHO do they do it for?
>>
>>1153029
octavian and anthony
>>
>>1153029
Themselves mostly.
>>
>>1152652
Slanders Saint Cyril of Alexandria
>>
three kingdoms (2010)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxJCPxmL7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yrsBNIU1M
>>
>>1152884
Yeah we have no record of it so it's out of place for someone to outright make a claim like that.

But Christian fundamentalists (not exactly a minority presence) were well known for burning secular or heretical works and pagan cites of worship.

The library of Alexandria was burned countless times, and it's not at all unreasonable to assume at some point they went at it.

But to start a show like that does suggest petty far left agenda.
>>
>>1152912
Julius was as pleb as it got
>>
>>1153196
The destructions of the library are pretty well known, the two major ones were by Caesar and by the Muslims.

But Agora is a Spanish film, Spaniards have a hate-boner for everything related to Catholicism.
>>
>nobody on /his/ will ever set up a stream for all of us to watch history movies together

just once i want to watch lawrence of arabia with you guys
>>
>>1153205
Say what? I thought Spain was a Catholic country. Was I in a coma and the Marxists finally took over Spain?
>>
Wolf Hall was very good.
>>
>>1152629
>why doesn't Byzantium or the HRE ever have any good movies about them?
Because movies are made with a capitalist interest in mind and hardly anyone in the US knows about them which means that fewer people are interested in it. The same goes for producers, directors, screenwriters, etc. If anything they know the Voltaire meme, while at the same time being unable to put it in its historical context. The US are still very much influenced by its Anglosphere background and neither Byzantium nor the HRE are considered 'our history'. Also, given the fact that the HRE is still very much associated with WW2 and Nazis, you couldn't really make a movie where they're portrayed as good guys or a neutral party. If anything you'd see something about the Hussite rebellion, with Hus and his band being portrayed as an enlightened, multicultural band fighting for freedom and democracy while the HRE princes opposing him would be Proto-Nazis with thick German accents, committing genocide left and right.
>>
Isabel from TVE
>>
They aren't TV, but you might check out The Last Valley (1971, Michael Caine stars) about the 30 years war.
Also The Wind and the Lion (Sean Connery) about US intervention in Morocco. Brian Keith nails Teddy Roosevelt as President.
>>
>>1152629
>Byzantium
The masses in the West don't know about it and it would just seem like made up fantasy shit.
>>
>>1153322
It's what happens when you go through a national-catholic dictatorship, just like poles hate communism
>>
>>1153378
Is that the Spanish one? That was actually a pretty nice series. I think I only watched the first series long ago, have to watch the rest.
>>
>>1153192
This
>>
File: risen-wallpaper.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
risen-wallpaper.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1200
I know story-wise this is probably Christian propaganda but is the setting and stuff accurate? I don't know much about Rome but this movie piqued my interest.

The only people I know that saw it were people that thought God's Not Dead was a good film so I can't really trust their judgment.
>>
>>1153322
I have never met a Spaniard who wasn't a weed-smoking dirty Latino tier leftist, and who doesn't spend his time making snarky comments or insults about the Catholic Church.

That stuff still passes for edgy there because they were under a Catholic dictatorship 40 years ago, so they all feel like they're doing ebin resistance against Franco. Kind of like how everyone in Poland is an ultra Catholic pro-American free market fetishist because muh ebul commies.
>>
>>1152862
It's pretty good. Season two comes out sometime this summer. Definitely not historically accurate but fun none the less. Lots of sex and tits too.
>>
>>1153390
The mere recognition of Byzantium's existance would instantly disprove normalfags' views about the Christian Dark Ages in Europe.
>>
>>1153320
I'm looking into a way to do this.
I think I found how, but first I need a site where I can upload a large video, and not risk copyright takedown as well.
>>
>>1152614
The Tudors was enjoyable but The Borgias topped it imo. That show had it all.
>>
>>1153674
>>1153396
I don't know what to think of Spain and Spanish people now. I know that like most western nations that Spain has a growing liberal influence but I thought most Spanish people were still traditional. I thought Spain would be more similar to Poland then say Germany on the traditionalist scale. I know that Franco held power for a long time after WW2 but it's not like he persecuted actually Spainards and Spanish culture like commies did in Poland.
>>
>>1152885
>want to learn about Marco's experience
>try reading the Travels
>every chapter reads like a brief wiki description
I just wanted a taste of adventure...
>>
>>1154141
Persecuting the culture is what makes it strong, if it manages to survive. That's why poles are all super nationalistic and why the most nationalistic people in Spain are the separatists.

Anyway, there's a big difference ideologically in Spain between the rural world and the big city.
>>
>>1152867
>its not historically accurate so it must be bad
>>
>>1154177
This. With a show, drama and entertainment will always far outweigh the need for historical accuracy.
>>
>>1152953
He was a centurion, a patrician having that rank would be rare if not impossible. Also him being a pleb was part of the reason Caesar promoted him to senator.
>>
>>1152963
At times for Caesar, at times for others, and at times for themselves.
>a show about Julius Caesar
The show isn't about him, its about the people around him and how they're affected by his actions.
>>
>>1154193
That being said though I'll claim that Marco is the weakest part of the show, and if it revolved entirely around the Mongol court and its intrigues, with Marco serving little more than a narrator/exposition would be much better.
>>
>>1152892
The Return of Martin Guerre

It's fantastic and a true story.
>>
>>1153994
>not risk copyright takedown
Its most likely gonna be a sub-30 person stream anyway, no one is gonna give a shit if you stream for such a small amount.
>>
>>1152991
it's good, but a bit too much on the white monkey saving the day. Atleast he gets what is comming for him.
>>
File: 1412776918069.jpg (922 KB, 1313x738) Image search: [Google]
1412776918069.jpg
922 KB, 1313x738
Isabel.
>>
>>1153320
I will.
Besides Lawrence of Arabia, what else should I have ready?
>>
>>1152629
There's Fetih 1453. I enjoyed it personally.
>>
>>1156654
Apocalypse Now
Gallipoli
Zulu
All Quiet on the Western Front
Full Metal Jacket
The Bridge on the River Kwai
HBO's Rome
Saving Private Ryan
Deadliest Warrior
Maybe some Kurosawa films about feudal Japan
>>
>>1155356
This, I'll watch it with you too senpai.
>>
>>1153777
>The mere recognition of Byzantium's existance would instantly disprove normalfags' views about the Christian Dark Ages in Europe.

It won't because Byzantine history refers to Early Medieval Western Europe as EXACTLY the place of niggerous barbarism.
>>
>>1156706
Aw fuck yeah I forgot about Deadliest Warrior
I still remember the ep about IRA vs Taliban
>>
>>1155493

my nigga, i still have to watch the 3rd season
>>
>>1156855
Where can I download a batch?
The ones on kat all have way too few seeders
>>
File: Three_Kingdoms_intertitle.jpg (44 KB, 610x334) Image search: [Google]
Three_Kingdoms_intertitle.jpg
44 KB, 610x334
>>1152614

This was a top tier show
>>
>>1156876

you can stream them for free on the drama fever site
>>
>>1156706
Rashomon was really great, I'd encourage you to watch it.
>>
>>1153341
I agree. Wolf Hall was great. I'll probably rewatch it soon. Mark Rylance is fantastic in it
>>
>>1155493
Why the fuck is she wearing a hijab?
>>
>>1157018
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>1157018

looks like she's wearing a habit, not a hijab
>>
There was an awesome old TVE series about the Castillian civil war. It was pretty old though. I doubt that it can be found on the web.
>>
>>1157057
If it was awesome, it might have gotten a re-release or remaster, in which case someone probably uploaded that somewhere.
What was it called?
>>
>>1157018
That covering women's hair is a muslim thing is a modern age meme.
>>
>>1157069
I dont remember it. My father putred it to me as a child.
>>
I really liked La Grande Illusion.
It's a French film that showed a lot of the chivalry that was still around in the nobility during WWI
>>
>>1156706
>Deadliest Warrior
>>>/suicide/
>>
>>1157894
The show was based around giving history nerds a big budget to fuck around with historical hypotheticals.
What's not to like? Unless you didn't like the outcome of a historical figure you're infatuated with.
>>
Has anyone watched any of those NHK Taiga Drama?

Thinking on starting one of those but i don't know which one to pick
>>
There´s this turkish tv series called Magnificent Century, about Suleyman of the Ottoman Empire, i´ve watched the first few episode and was sorely disappointed by the show over-focus on harem intrigues instead of a historically accurate depiction of Suleyman and the Ottoman Empire i had hoped to see.
>>
>>1157943
>history nerds
Those fucks were not history nerds and their hypotheticals were certainly not done in the right way
>>
>>1157975
Flip here who used to watch shitloads of those alongside Chink dramas.

Here's a few recommendeds.
>Oda Nobunaga
>Shinsengumi! (perhaps the only NHK Taiga drama that was considered "cool" by Japs.)
>Yoshitsune.
>One-Eyed Masamune (if you want to see what an 80's Ken Watanabe looks like.)
>>
>>1158015
I've head "Aoi Tokugawa" was also pretty good.

Do you have oppinion on it?
>>
>>1158020
Didn't get to watch that. NHK sort of left the country in 2000's. I managed to watch later ones via Satellite.
>>
>>1158022
Oh, did you get to watch the Kanbei one?

I like Kanbei as a historical figure, so i was thinking on maybe starting with him.
>>
>>1158031
FuRinKaZan? Yeah. It was ok.
>>
File: file.png (422 KB, 655x413) Image search: [Google]
file.png
422 KB, 655x413
>>1158040
no, Gunshi Kanbei
>>
>>1153559

No idea whether its period accurate but i enjoyed it.

t.athiest.
>>
>>1154122

I liked this show but forgot about it for a while and missed the last 2 seasons but apparently it ends on a massive cliff hanger so i havent gone back.

Anyone here watched the other The Borgias?
>>
>>1152862

>tfw when they make Bayan, the General who lead the armies that conquered the southern Song, a fucking blind fengshui ninja.
>>
File: RGN_Poster_800px_130826193656.jpg (257 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
RGN_Poster_800px_130826193656.jpg
257 KB, 533x800
Tried watching reign and gave up after 20 minutes.
>>
>>1158445
Nigga I could've told you that was shit from the god damn tagline alone and I've never even seen it.

>LOVE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS SUBJECT

You expected a good, gripping, and accurate historical drama from something so blatantly made to be a overly sensational sex-based soap opera?

Any "history" series or documentary that is just one sexy woman on the cover surrounded by 2-3 model looking dudes is going to be garbage, like the literal equivalent of woman's romance novel.

Would you even know ANYTHING about the show if they didn't explicitly say "Oh yea this mary queen of scots" beneath? I mean seriously, what god awful PR.
>>
>>1158185
I have watched The Borgias: Faith and Fear (3 seasons on Netflix) and liked it a lot.

Histrical elements seem to fit, there are lots of refenrences to historical events and people.

After reading Machiavelli's The Prince, I appreciate much more the series.

Here are some of the characters you can find that really existed and could have a whole show made about them:

>Cesare Borgia (DUH)
>Alexandro Farnese (future pope Paul III)
>Giovanni di Lorenzo de' Medici (future pope Clement VII)
>Giulano de la Rovere (future pope Julius II)
>Niccolò Machiavelli (you know who this motherfucker is)
>Michelangelo & Leonardo da Vinci
>Savonarola
>Francesco Piccolomini (future pope Pius III)

the list could go on and on
>>
>>1152862
Only watched about 6 episodes, but i thought Marco Polo as the main character was holding the show back.

He is just plain boring. Typical "white fish out of water" MC who learns Kung Fu. Has about the same amount of Charisma as the kid in Forbidden Kingdom.
>>
>>1156706
Would you consider Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon as a historical film? It has some amazing cinematography.
>>
The Devil's Crown and Fall of Eagles are two very good BBC historical dramas. The Devil's Crown is about Henry II of England and his sons, while Fall of Eagles is about the death and decay of the Habsburgs, Hohenzollerns, and Romanovs in and before WWI. It features Patrick Stewart as Lenin.
>>
>>1159478
It's a period piece but I wouldn't call it historical cinema, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>1152907
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Pretty good, although it would've been better if it focused more on war&politics and less on harem intrigue.
>>
File: TheTwilightZoneLogo.png (60 KB, 368x242) Image search: [Google]
TheTwilightZoneLogo.png
60 KB, 368x242
Let's talk about this
>>
>>1159838
I mean, it's a good show, but I don't know what parts of it can be considered historically-centered
>>
>>1159687
turkish soap-propaganda trash.
>>
File: 1461270526940.gif (3 MB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
1461270526940.gif
3 MB, 360x200
>>1153192
My nigger. Good acting, good RotTK, surprisingly good battles.
>>
>>1153192
Jesus. I usually do not watch Chinese serials anymore since the ones I watched as a child were corny as fuck but that first scene with Cao Cao is boss.
>>
>>1158724
>>Michelangelo & Leonardo da Vinci

Da Vinci's Demons exists but it isn't exactly historical. More like action flick where da Vinci is Gyro Gearloose.
>>
>>1160944
t. butthurt balkanigger
>>
>>1162068
At least the Balkanniggers are European.
>>
>>1152614
The da vinci's code is pretty damn good
>>
>>1160944
It's actually a good show. Saw it here dubbed in Spanish.
>>
>>1161710
Da Vinci's Demons took way too many liberties for me. The Incas wearing gold bikinis? At least the hot priestess had some nude scenes.
>>
>>1152652
>MUH FEMINISM

Sad that they don't make movies about non SJW historical topics anymore
>>
Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire
>>
>>1152885
>Lots of sexy harem sluts.
You consider that a GOOD thing!?
>>
>>1155493
>that breastplate
I think I've seen that on LARP-sites...
>>
>>1156654
status on the stream?
>>
>>1163686
Good timing.
I have the requested videos ready.

I've got Band of Brothers playing right now, so that the other anons who were interested can have some time to check in.

stream link:
cytu,be /r/ HistoryChannel

There's no need to make an account.
If you wish to chat then all you have to do is make a guest name and you're good.
>>
>>1162265
if for you the main problem is "duh SJWs" not historical inaccuracy you need to gb2 /pol/
>>
File: BBC-17169 Thomas Wings.jpg (61 KB, 449x709) Image search: [Google]
BBC-17169 Thomas Wings.jpg
61 KB, 449x709
Just finished Wings (BBC 1977)
It's great. complete series on youtube.

Next: Rat Patrol (not historically accurate, but fun)
>>
>>1164248
cool, bookmarked. you should make a schedule for what you plan to show at what times.

is it auto stream, as in, you can go to bed and set shows to play?
>>
File: 1024x1024.jpg (118 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1024x1024.jpg
118 KB, 1024x1024
>>1162068

It's actually broadcasted in Serbia. Saw it while I was visiting family
>>
>>1164679
I don't think I can set a time for it to automatically start, but as long as I queue up the playlist, it'll keep playing without issue.
The main hurdle is having the videos prepared and hosted.
As is, I'm uploading to google drive, then waiting for google to 'process' it, then linking it to the stream to play.
The processing takes a long ass time though. However, google drive allows the most data upload of any source I can find, so I'm stuck with it for now.
>>
>>1164701
3pac mah man
>>
>>1164248
>>1164248
>>1164248

>stream link
>cytu,be /r/ HistoryChannel

GET IN HERE FAMILIAS
>>
>>1164715
whatchya playing tonight

more band of brothers
>>
>>1152614

Does anyone have a link for the series?
I need the last chapter of the final season because of reasons.

Thanks anyways.
>>
>>1152992

>ywn see Uthred get blood eagle'd for being a fucktard with no impulse control
>>
>>1152614
The Tudors is pretty good. Its the same guy who did Vikings and The Borgias.

He basically will take any rumor or fact in history that is interesting for TV and throw it in the show though. TV first is his mentality but mostly every major event does have origin in some historical document even if that person made it up and everyone knows it.

I'd recommend:
1: The Tudors
2: Borgia (european)
3: The Borgias (not as good but still enjoyable)
4. Inside the Third Reich (miniseries available on youtube)
5. Napoleon (miniseries on youtube that is for some reason more focused on his relationship with his wife than anything interesting)
6. Waterloo (movie)
7. Zulu (movie)
8. Rome
9. Generation War is ok but worht watching. I still don't like the good guys in german movies being the deserter pacificst type.
10. Stalingrad the movie is good but suffers from the same as above
11. The Longest Day
12. Vikings is pretty good but lately it suffers from "people like lagertha being a strong femael lets give them more of that!"

9. >>1153559 I havn't seen it yet. I was very interested though because its based on historical events. I don't know if there is a Christian message or not. But the Jews were very worried that someone would mess with his body and Pontius Pilate was in deep shit at the time with the Emperor because he was allowing too much vioence in his province. So he wanted to make sure that the Jews weren't going to riot and revolt because he had a huge stake in it So he sends the guards to protect the body. Basically he thought if the body was missing the Jews would freak out and revolt. The Jews thought the disciples were trying to fuck with them and do some heresy. Obviously he rises from the dead. But very intresting set up.I want to see it because the presmise is based on historical events but obviously ones not explored much because nobody really cared to write down the Roman view of the resurrection.
>>
>>1167474
I really recommend Inside the Third Reich though. Its great.
>>
>>1153559

Critics in my country said that it was not a good movie.
>>
Are there any movies/tv series set in Classical/Hellenic Greece? I mean, except Alexander.
>>
>>1152614
Fall of Eagles
>>
>>1167474
vikings is awful tho
>>
>>1153375
So basically this and its sequels http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047128/combined

Its commie propaganda, but has pretty neat costumes and battles
>>
>>1157943
Its a stupid show, but all that weapon testing was pretty neat
>>
File: Inaccurate show.jpg (117 KB, 798x726) Image search: [Google]
Inaccurate show.jpg
117 KB, 798x726
>tfw there will never be a good Aztec series.
>>
I hate how corrupt historical factions are portrated in hbo'esque shows.
Sorry, human beings are more complex than cobspiring and greed. They had their own motivations and justifications.
>>
>>1152614
GOT
/thread
>>
File: waterloo03.jpg (375 KB, 2100x1610) Image search: [Google]
waterloo03.jpg
375 KB, 2100x1610
I will watch this masterpiece <3
>>
I don't think it's ever been made available with English subtitles, but L'Autrichienne is one of the best French Revolution era films in terms of accuracy and historical detail. It depicts the trial of Marie Antoinette and her last hours. Almost everything depicted in the movie (dialogue and otherwise) is straight from her trial record and contemporary witness accounts. It ended up flopping in France because the name inspired controversy (L'Autrichienne, both meaning the Austrian and playing on Autre-chienne aka the other bitch) but it's a great film.
>>
Wolf Hall was pretty good
>>
File: The last kingdom.jpg (35 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
The last kingdom.jpg
35 KB, 480x720
The Last Kingdom was pretty good, no idea if it's historically accurate. Probably isn't though 2bqh
>>
>>1168544
It was fineish in the beginning. Got much worse later on.
>>
>>1152953
If I remeber well he fell into the "Equites" class.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equites
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.